Hide laws being posted from OOC
+Support Smile
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
-support

If there was no law for highwalls for example I would build highwalls. If they suddenly added the law I would have no idea the law had changed.
(10-23-2015, 10:13 AM)mintblackbeard Wrote: -support

If there was no law for highwalls for example I would build highwalls. If they suddenly added the law I would have no idea the law had changed.

But that's your own fault? Simply turn it off for a few minutes while they get automatically added and then turn back on once they have finished? After that you can see any rules that are altered or amended to the list.

It's like me -supporting the addition of vehicles because I might crash, it would be my own fault.
The option to 'silence' law broadcasts should not be given just to the president. If a president is feeling cheeky and wants to halt RP for a minute with their law script they would simply never enable it.

Instead of adding a rule that the president should enable that option before law spam what I propose is the following:
Provide the option to 'silence' law broadcasts to all players. A couple of commands that would:
  1. Disable law broadcasts entirely;
  2. Disable law spam;
  3. Announce law changes every x, where x could be a slider for minutes.
Option 1: new/changed laws would simply not show up for the player if they enable this. This does not invalidate them from following laws.
Option 2: law broadcasts would not be visible after, say, 10 of them, after which there would have to be NO law broadcasted for, say, 1 minute for them to show up in the broadcast again.
Option 3: Would display a broadcast message every x minutes that the laws have been changed, other than that, no laws would be shown.

I believe that Option 2 should be enabled by default so that new members who are not aware of this functionality are saved from the eye rape.

+ Support
+/- support, A note on change to laws would be useful that people know if new laws are added or changed.
[Image: 8TTYBHM.png]
+/-support.
Just add a filter..
Added system where the script detects if the laws are in an automated script. If so, the president will get a notification that his laws are being posted, in the chatbox will appear that new laws are being added and where you can find them.