[Tools/Commands] Meta Gaming, Power Gaming, NLR, and You.
Brick 
A Friendly Disclaimer: Hello guys, this will be my first guide ever so I hope you don't mind it and I hope the quality and length of the work is good enough to meet the standards of the expectation when it comes to making guides.

Meta Gaming: The use of third-party intelligence to know first hand information you would not be able to know.

"I know you're a rebel because of your what your job says."
"He has drug labs I saw them before I died to him." (Also NLR, but we will get into that later.)
"You're a black market dealer because of your outfit."

OOC(Out of Character) Is usually hand and hand with meta-gaming.
"John Doe(OOC): LOLOLOL COPS WENT INTO OUR HOUSE AND DIDN'T FIND OUR DRUG LABS"
"Cops: John Doe you are under suspicion for procession of drugs, we are going to a random search."

To lead us in our Meta-gaming quest we will use our hero John Doe.

Meta-gaming in context.
John Doe: Hi Alex Mercer.
Alex Mercer: I don't know you.

John Doe meta-gamed by using third-party intelligence, the roleplay script, and gave this information to his character.

How to avoid Meta-gaming.
John Doe: Hello.
Alex Mercer: Hello.
John Doe: What is your name?
Alex Mercer: My name is Alex Mercer.

In this example John Doe instead of using his name to begin with decided to get his name through role play. This is the right way to do it.

Power Gaming: taking control of situations by forcefully making players receive or do actions.

"/me takes Alex's head and smashes it into the wall."
"/me disarms the man and takes his gun pointing it at his head."
"**Stone jumps into the air does 50 backflips lands on an elephant which crushes Alex."

Especially in role played fights, power gaming is huge. In fights you must attempt things, not only does it make everything a lot more fair but also more life like.

Instead of, "/me takes out an axe and mugs John Doe"
It should be, "/me unsheathes an axe, with a cold face he looks at John Doe demanding his money."

This not only makes the game feel more real, but gives the other player enjoyment as well.

NLR:
NLR(New Life Rule): "When you die, you don't remember anything but where you live, and the friends you made" - DarkRP (Yes, I took this from DarkRP and yes, it is an older quote.)

"Oh dude, I'll come back in 5 minutes I died and I'm going to help you when time is up."
"I died, shit I'm going to get revenge on that asshole that killed me."
"I saw those drug-labs before I died, I'm going to tell the cops on them."

The worst problems I see with NLR is when I defend a raid or cop raid is that the people who die when they are raiding tend to come back whilst the event is still going on (Cops especially). The rule in these servers is you can not come back where you originally died in five minutes or when the event has ended. Therefore when there is five cops on the server the police raid shouldn't have two more back-up waves of cops because all five of them died twice.

When you die, your character forgets everything, if you are a cop and you die when raiding you don't go, "Shit, I died well I'll wait 5 minutes while I eat hot pockets and watch hentai and then come back to the raid to help everyone." When you died in the raid the first time, that was it. You died, you're out of the event because NLR is in effect. Until the event has ended you cannot go back and help your friends.[/align]
Dude the Metagaming of names is only counted as a way to ruin some possibly good RP on this server and dude you may do the second one but instead of doing what you say you just Demand money like this "/me Points a gun at *insert player here* menacingly" "Give me *insert amount here* of your money" the second thing you said was pretty WAY OFF

Mostly Good
Also Storm's mom is a hottie and Andreas and King Guami do her all day every day. -In memory of the biggest Troll Thread in FL history
I think powergaming should be enforced more, alot of people do it and its known. Just cause they "Don't want to pay more then the market price", Not much Roleplay to it then.
(10-09-2011, 08:42 PM)InfamousXII Wrote: A Friendly Disclaimer: Hello guys, this will be my first guide ever so I hope you don't mind it and I hope the quality and length of the work is good enough to meet the standards of the expectation when it comes to making guides.

Meta Gaming: The use of third-party intelligence to know first hand information you would not be able to know.

"I know you're a rebel because of your what your job says."
"He has drug labs I saw them before I died to him." (Also NLR, but we will get into that later.)
"You're a black market dealer because of your outfit."

OOC(Out of Character) Is usually hand and hand with meta-gaming.
"John Doe(OOC): LOLOLOL COPS WENT INTO OUR HOUSE AND DIDN'T FIND OUR DRUG LABS"
"Cops: John Doe you are under suspicion for procession of drugs, we are going to a random search."

To lead us in our Meta-gaming quest we will use our hero John Doe.

Meta-gaming in context.
John Doe: Hi Alex Mercer.
Alex Mercer: I don't know you.

John Doe meta-gamed by using third-party intelligence, the roleplay script, and gave this information to his character.

How to avoid Meta-gaming.
John Doe: Hello.
Alex Mercer: Hello.
John Doe: What is your name?
Alex Mercer: My name is Alex Mercer.

In this example John Doe instead of using his name to begin with decided to get his name through role play. This is the right way to do it.

Power Gaming: taking control of situations by forcefully making players receive or do actions.

"/me takes Alex's head and smashes it into the wall."
"/me disarms the man and takes his gun pointing it at his head."
"**Stone jumps into the air does 50 backflips lands on an elephant which crushes Alex."

Especially in role played fights, power gaming is huge. In fights you must attempt things, not only does it make everything a lot more fair but also more life like.

Instead of, "/me takes out an axe and mugs John Doe"
It should be, "/me unsheathes an axe, with a cold face he looks at John Doe demanding his money."

This not only makes the game feel more real, but gives the other player enjoyment as well.

NLR:
NLR(New Life Rule): "When you die, you don't remember anything but where you live, and the friends you made" - DarkRP (Yes, I took this from DarkRP and yes, it is an older quote.)

"Oh dude, I'll come back in 5 minutes I died and I'm going to help you when time is up."
"I died, shit I'm going to get revenge on that *** that killed me."
"I saw those drug-labs before I died, I'm going to tell the cops on them."

The worst problems I see with NLR is when I defend a raid or cop raid is that the people who die when they are raiding tend to come back whilst the event is still going on (Cops especially). The rule in these servers is you can not come back where you originally died in five minutes or when the event has ended. Therefore when there is five cops on the server the police raid shouldn't have two more back-up waves of cops because all five of them died twice.

When you die, your character forgets everything, if you are a cop and you die when raiding you don't go, "Shit, I died well I'll wait 5 minutes while I eat hot pockets and watch hentai and then come back to the raid to help everyone." When you died in the raid the first time, that was it. You died, you're out of the event because NLR is in effect. Until the event has ended you cannot go back and help your friends.[/align]

For an example. if im a rebel and i enter the city, when the president have banned me, cops cant just arrest me for being a rebel cause of my outfit and job?
What a nice guide.
Great job! Smile

Simple, gets to the point, not 3 pages long...

[Image: I_Approve.jpg]
Sticky approved.

Great job!
(11-01-2011, 07:56 AM)Sanderson Wrote: For an example. if im a rebel and i enter the city, when the president have banned me, cops cant just arrest me for being a rebel cause of my outfit and job?

Sorry I took such a long time to reply, but yes. The cops can't just arrest you for your job being set to a rebel, however if your clothing is rebel-like, that is a decent enough reason to have you under suspicion. But, however this is semi-serious RP, serious RP requires trust (between strangers) which a semi-serious RP server doesn't usually have because most people RP to win.
belive it or not we RP to have fun this guide shut up half our NLR minges the other half just keep on coming I mean look at our Fail Rebels fail Corleones and Fail cops which is worse?
Also Storm's mom is a hottie and Andreas and King Guami do her all day every day. -In memory of the biggest Troll Thread in FL history
Meh. People still think Metagaming is using information from IC in OOC.

So if I went

OOC: The gas station is on fire. Cool.

That wouldn't be metagaming. Yes it leads up to it if someone from IC went to the gas station.

For the meta gaming thing would uit be aloud if the person had a job to do with a company (eg.) chef and he suposably had a name tag ?