Poll: Should players be allowed to disallow certain admins to review their case to limit bias?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.15%
13 48.15%
No
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should people be allowed to disallow certain admins to review their (un)ban requests?
Before even opening this thread, I knew it'd be you, Zerdrick. This is getting out of hand and you are embarrassing yourself and making yourself both an enemy of the staff team and some players.

OT: It is a silly idea, good in theory, but it'd be easily abused. For example, I could set it so only Falcao can approve/disapprove my UBR; Falcao being my friend, this would create even MORE bias. You're actually worsening the problem!
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Honestly Zedrick DVN has a point here. You have never said a word about anything until after your abuse case on myself was denied. As for the actual purpose of this post it is honestly not going to work as for A: staff members are trusted to do their job without being biased and B: nine times out of ten they are actually harder on their friends then they are on random people as they know that their friends know better then to break the rules. Also as Nuka said your "suggestion" has a big downfall as he said. Now am I saying that staff members are biased? Not really. Unless you consider it biased that I would be harder on my friends then I would be a random player that I barely even know.
[Image: ay3uwl.jpg]

Signature made by MasterNoda
(09-25-2015, 05:34 PM)Nuka Wrote: Before even opening this thread, I knew it'd be you, Zerdrick. This is getting out of hand and you are embarrassing yourself and making yourself both an enemy of the staff team and some players.

OT: It is a silly idea, good in theory, but it'd be easily abused. For example, I could set it so only Falcao can approve/disapprove my UBR; Falcao being my friend, this would create even MORE bias. You're actually worsening the problem!

Thanks for your comments but please, try not to create a flame war by personally attacking me.

Quote:For example, I could set it so only Falcao can approve/disapprove my UBR;

You couldn't set it too a specific admin.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
(09-25-2015, 05:50 PM)NightHawkd Wrote: Honestly Zedrick DVN has a point here. You have never said a word about anything until after your abuse case on myself was denied. As for the actual purpose of this post it is honestly not going to work as for A: staff members are trusted to do their job without being biased and B: nine times out of ten they are actually harder on their friends then they are on random people as they know that their friends know better then to break the rules. Also as Nuka said your "suggestion" has a big downfall as he said. Now am I saying that staff members are biased? Not really. Unless you consider it biased that I would be harder on my friends then I would be a random player that I barely even know.

Thanks for your comments but please, try not to create a flame war by personally attacking me.

Quote: Also as Nuka said your "suggestion" has a big downfall as he said.

And as I said to Nuka, you couldn't set it to a specific admin, I never even said that anywhere in my post.
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
If we can't trust staff to not be bias, what is the point in trusting them in looking after the server?
What are you doing on the roof? Oh wait that's an air conditioning unit. - Suarez 2k15
The following 1 user Likes Audacter's post:
  • Nuka
I don't understand why some admins couldn't review some BR's/UBR's. They're STAFF, so they are TRUSTED. I think the staff themselves have said it better than me.
This post has been verified by summotion. ✓
To rep or not to rep? You Decide.
[Image: eY3mzL.png]
(09-25-2015, 06:31 PM)Audacter Wrote: If we can't trust staff to not be bias, what is the point in trusting them in looking after the server?

Easily, you can have bias towards one thing and not have bias to another, such as I like mozzarella cheese, and I have cheddar cheese so if you ever try to get rid of mozzarella, no matter how bad some people think it is I will provide you all of the good sides of it and not look at the bad side. However I do not know much about snowboarding so if you gave me 2 boards to ride I would be able to tell you which one is better because I have no idea what a preexisting board would be like.

Put it this way, If there is a report on a friend of mine, the evidence was good, the logs back it up. I'm not just going to say "Well he doesn't usually do that so I'll let him off" that just doesn't happen.
I'm sure the other staff feel the same way.
When there are like nine pages of player reports and it is slow to get through as everyone is picky with who reviews it, those reports will not be done for a while.
This is unneeded nonsense.
What are you doing on the roof? Oh wait that's an air conditioning unit. - Suarez 2k15
The following 1 user Likes Audacter's post:
  • summotion
Biased admins has been seen before. Zerdrick isn't completely off the rails here. Admit it. :^)
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
If you feel a staff member is being bias towards you or anyone else, contact our Super-Admin Grub. PM him on the forums with your concerns and they will be dealt with. Unfortunately you don't get to pick-and-choose admins. In most cases it is only the player thinking that because they've been punished completely justly that infact they players are the ones that attack us when you did something wrong in the first place.