Poll: Should players be allowed to disallow certain admins to review their case to limit bias?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
48.15%
13 48.15%
No
51.85%
14 51.85%
Total 27 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should people be allowed to disallow certain admins to review their (un)ban requests?
Hello, I have seen in a few posts recently that people ask for certain members of the staff not to be able to judge their unban/ban request because they might have bias towards the case. What is your opinion on this? Should people be allowed to disallow certain admins who may have bias on the case?

Here is an example of a case that someone may post:

Quote:Ban request on player1

This player did x ban him please.

Could this post not be reviewed by admin1 or admin2 because they have relation to player1 and it could cause bias in the case judgement. Thanks 

A player should not be allowed to disallow an admin because he thinks that they are too harsh or they don't like them.

PLEASE do not post or talk about any cases where you have seen this, this is not to create a flame war it is to discuss. Also please do not talk about specific staff members.
[Image: XLnyw5R.jpg]
Edward John Smith is my idol!
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
The admins are supposed to be neutral and are expected to NOT be biased. This should not be a problem in the first place because the people who choose the admins should KNOW and EXPECT the admins to handle it appropiately. 

If they cannot be neutral in a simple ban request they are utter useless and I don't see how they managed to get on the staff team.

So no, I don't think a player should, because it shouldn't be a problem in the first place.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 1 user Likes Haarek's post:
  • MacTavish
A member should not be able to tell an admin what to do.

That being said... An admin shouldn't review a case that they are involved in.
(ie)
They shouldn't review your ban appeal if they are the one that banned you.
They also shouldn't review a BR if they are involved (directly or indirectly (ie) a friend or a clan member).

If they're involved, then they can give input on the case, but not review it and decide the outcome.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
People need to understand that admin's aren't some demi-god, they are just normal people.

Of course they can be biased (I'm not saying that they are biased), and of course they could use their influence to benefit themselves - so yes, I support this completely.
[Image: 8UtzdI4.png]
I totally agree. I've started to see a trend of this recently and I agree with you 110%. Bias is a big problem when it comes to case reviews I find.
Kind Regards,

[Image: nw3ghiD.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Awestruck's post:
  • Wolven
I'm sorry but you literally seem to have this vendetta against all staff members and how they carry out their work ever since that thread was denied. You keep saying don't mention previous threads but ever since yours was denied I've never seen this many suggestions counter-acting staff members conduct. Any staff member has the power to reply to the thread, whether the user has requested so or not. If you've reported them, they cannot close it themselves, so what do you have to worry about?
The following 3 users Like DVN's post:
  • Cox, summotion, MasterNoda
(09-25-2015, 08:41 AM)DVN Wrote: I'm sorry but you literally seem to have this vendetta against all staff members and how they carry out their work ever since that thread was denied. You keep saying don't mention previous threads but ever since yours was denied I've never seen this many suggestions counter-acting staff members conduct. Any staff member has the power to reply to the thread, whether the user has requested so or not. If you've reported them, they cannot close it themselves, so what do you have to worry about?

Please try not to create a flame war by personally attacking me. I looked throughout the posts and it seemed that the players involved are upset that certain admins reviewed their post, why not just let a different admin review the post? 

Why are you bringing up my case? It was not reviewed by the person whom I placed the request on and has no valid reason to be brought up. Please refrain from bringing up posts or talking about them. Thanks, Zerdrick
Some say that the Titanic would be a sinking ship, but it just left the criticizers at dock and hit an iceberg.

Original signature idea made by Grub edited to fit my account (Added this to abide by forum rule 3e.)
We in staff team handle the cases unbiased and we are never biased for either parties.
Even if an unban request is up on the staff member's friend for example, it is sorted unbiased.
I don't see it working that disallowing certain mods/admins posting on courthouse reports that involve them or their friends, they are as much part of the staff team as others. I know that you are unsatisfied with results, but cases are always reviewed and all staff members look into them UNBIASED.

Thank you for suggestion, but this isn't going to work.
The following 3 users Like Viljo's post:
  • Alfred, DVN, summotion
(09-25-2015, 02:37 PM)Viljo Wrote:
We in staff team handle the cases unbiased and we are never biased for either parties.
Even if an unban request is up on the staff member's friend for example, it is sorted unbiased.
I don't see it working that disallowing certain mods/admins posting on courthouse reports that involve them or their friends, they are as much part of the staff team as others. I know that you are unsatisfied with results, but cases are always reviewed and all staff members look into them UNBIASED.

Thank you for suggestion, but this isn't going to work.

Thanks for your comments as staff members POV is nice to see, this isn't really a suggestion post though as I am its just seeing what people would think of the idea.

(09-25-2015, 02:37 PM)Viljo Wrote: We in staff team handle the cases unbiased and we are never biased for either parties.
A recent player report would beg to differ on that one.
I'm not going to link it as everyone should already be aware of it.

(09-25-2015, 02:37 PM)Viljo Wrote: I don't see it working that disallowing certain mods/admins posting on courthouse reports that involve them or their friends, they are as much part of the staff team as others.
I agree, if they have input on the case and are involved in it, then they should be allowed to post.
But not decide the outcome.

(09-25-2015, 02:37 PM)Viljo Wrote: cases are always reviewed and all staff members look into them UNBIASED.
Sorry, but that is simply not true (regardless of how much you believe it is).
There will always be some bias present in such cases.

The way I try to resolve it is as follows:
If one of my staff members reviewed an appeal that they issued a ban for, they would be demoted.
If one of my staff members reviewed a report that they're involved in or are friends with the person being reported, they would be demoted.
If one of my staff members contacted the case handler and tempted to alter the outcome of the case, they would be demoted.

The above may sound harsh, but it's effective in keeping the bias out of cases.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]