Where is this shit going
I honestly think the whole thing is pathetic.
I don't give a shit what community you play on or whether one is a copy of the other, just wish a bit more respect and tolerance would be shown
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
(09-11-2015, 10:36 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: -snip-

Because on my personal matter I can. I will continue till the day it ends.

The DMCA requests we're not valid, although valid flagged it as valid due the TDM content and such. Most of the models we're moddeled for FL, and what's given stays given. So not able to request removal, don't say this is not how it works because it is ffs.

Therefore, Soul claimed content packs as DMCA which valid too, because there is FL content, such as money printers which is FL copyrighted models.

Quote:We were, for the most part, in direct contact with FL development until they turned abusive and stopped responding.

We stopped because there was no way working with LL. Most contact ending in promising diplomatic answers, and the result was pure bullshit, telling lies, childish reactions, etc etc.

Quote:At the end of the day we want all this to stop. The LimeLight staff, in general, want nothing to do with Fearless any more as we have no place here but yet we keep getting dragged back into conflicts.

Then why copy fearless, our updates etc etc? You're doing this yourself at the end.

Quote:All drama between the staff is kept behind closed doors (except when an public announcement is made when something major happens) but all threads members make are viewable to everyone.

Most of the posts related to FL is to give us a bad reputation while we're not even causing trouble.

Think twice before you post something like this.
The following 3 users Like De CodeerHeer's post:
  • DVN, SpencerSx,

Most of the posts related to FL is to give us a bad reputation while we're not even causing trouble.

So you can keep posting aggrensivly against them, and you still dont cause any trouble.
(09-11-2015, 11:32 AM)Project Wrote: Because on my personal matter I can. I will continue till the day it ends.

So you can keep posting aggrensivly against them, and you still dont cause any trouble.

Thus not FL related. So yes.
(09-11-2015, 11:38 AM)CodedBrain Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 11:32 AM)Project Wrote: Because on my personal matter I can. I will continue till the day it ends.

As an developer/admin you should act like that no matter what happens. You are supposed to be proffesionally, not the way you post atm.
(09-11-2015, 11:44 AM)Project Wrote:

As an developer/admin you should act like that no matter what happens. You are supposed to be proffesionally, not the way you post atm.

That doesn't mean he can't express his opinion though, which doesn't effect his professionalism.
(09-11-2015, 11:49 AM)DVN Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 11:44 AM)Project Wrote:

That doesn't mean he can't express his opinion though, which doesn't effect his professionalism.

1. He could express his opinion WAY less aggresive. Even though he is right on some of his points, he posts in a way where he seems like ...

2. If you believe an admin could behave like this on the forums, where as players have been warned about acting like that, i dont see why an ADMIN would be allowed even to think to act like that.
We all know where this post is going so let's try not to head in that direction with arguments between us and between the ex FL players and ex staff.

OT: I just want the shitposting to each other to stop, the arguments to stop, the whole "war" thing to stop and everyone get on with playing Gmod and enjoy yourselves which is why we all play it, to have fun.. Not to bitch about other people and slag people off.
(09-11-2015, 11:57 AM)Falcao Wrote: We all know where this post is going so let's try not to head in that direction with arguments between us and between the ex FL players and ex staff.

OT: I just want the shitposting to each other to stop, the arguments to stop, the whole "war" thing to stop and everyone get on with playing Gmod and enjoy yourselves which is why we all play it, to have fun.. Not to bitch about other people and slag people off.

Im just trying to point out to codedbrain that he needs to be mature and proffesional if he really wants he point to be considered. As i stade above he is right at some points BUT the way he express his points is making him look like he is wrong.

Spoiler :
I dont have anything against him, also note i was supporting his excellent work, and was wishing that he would get back on FL, which he did but not they way i was expecting.

Thank you for your reply, CodedBrain. I will respond to each of your comments below.

(09-11-2015, 11:17 AM)CodedBrain Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 10:36 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: -snip-

The DMCA requests we're not valid, although valid flagged it as valid due the TDM content and such. Most of the models we're moddeled for FL, and what's given stays given. So not able to request removal, don't say this is not how it works because it is ffs.

Therefore, Soul claimed content packs as DMCA which valid too, because there is FL content, such as money printers which is FL copyrighted models.

While yes, you are entitled to freedom of speech, please note that speaking malign about other communities is against Fearless' forum rules; but I'm sure you already know that.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure what you're trying to say in your next paragraph. Yes, the DMCA requests against LimeLight were not valid. Steam removed the content packs because Soul falsely claimed he was the copyright owner; even on content such a TDM cars and Termin's models.

Now, just because the content was created for Fearless doesn't mean they now own copyright over it as the content owners never gave Fearless ownership. At the time of the contents creation the Fearless Terms of Service even stated:

[Image: 6e9eae55583ad56a6cb30c5ab8b198a3.png]

Steam asks that you contact the person hosting the alleged copyrighted content and ask for it's removal. This is something that neither you or Soul did. I'm assuming the LimeLight development team would have happily removed the money printer as the contraband system is getting a complete overhaul anyway. That being if you were cooperative with us, which you were not.

GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:We were, for the most part, in direct contact with FL development until they turned abusive and stopped responding. 

We stopped because there was no way working with LL. Most contact ending in promising diplomatic answers, and the result was pure bullshit, telling lies, childish reactions, etc etc.

Having read the entire conversation it appears the only lies and childish reactions are from you. You call us 'scrubs' at one point and then lie about how we are infringing copyright. All of Faustie's responses are polite and written in an understanding manner. 

We are still open to talk with you and/or Soul but all previous attempts (one of which can be found here: http://***/index.php?topic=1437) seem to end in abuse from FL staff.

GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:At the end of the day we want all this to stop. The LimeLight staff, in general, want nothing to do with Fearless any more as we have no place here but yet we keep getting dragged back into conflicts.

Then why copy fearless, our updates etc etc? You're doing this yourself at the end.

That is nothing but a false accusation. A lot of the updates released on Fearless were being worked on by the development team while they were at Fearless. They have now finished the updates and released them on LimeLight. The majority of updates have been released on LimeLight a few minutes to a few hours after they were released on Fearless (sometimes the other way around). I'd assume it would be difficult to complete a whole new, fully working, update in a minutes. Especially considering how busy they are.
At the end of the day both communities centre around roleplay. THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE SIMILAR FEATURES.

Also, we are not attempting to "copy fearless". We are modifying the gamemode and forums to appear as unique as possible. Please keep your ill-informed accusations of this conversation.

GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:All drama between the staff is kept behind closed doors (except when an public announcement is made when something major happens) but all threads members make are viewable to everyone.

Think twice before you post something like this.

All announcements related to FL on the LimeLight forums were to INFORM the members of what is currently happening. We never attempted to slander FL and all accusations have proof to back them up - all of which is available for public viewing. 

Soul's post in regards to LimeLight is far worse as it is riddled with false accusations and lies.

Thanks again for your response, CodedBrain.
The following 2 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Nacreas, General Rickets