SRU cant patrol
Having it in the rules would solve a lot of issues. This thread primarily being one.
The following 2 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • DVN, Nuka
(09-11-2015, 03:03 PM)mintblackbeard Wrote: According to this website : http://www.eliteukforces.info/police/CO19/ SCO19 (UK Swat) will patrol known trouble areas (Slums, Corleone Estate) in ARVs (Armed Response Vehicles). The Trojan Proactive Unit are also armed units within England that perform high visibility patrols in known crime areas.

I have also found this : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/c...-time.html saying they will also patrol on foot.

Mint, CO19 ARVs are not SWAT. They are no better armed than any regular police officer from an American force, generally. The Met is one of the few forces to have a dedicated SFO team, who are more what you're thinking of, and are rarely dispatched. ARV's main enemies are pretty much never armed people. Most of the time they're fighting against people who are armed with only knives and things like that. It is rare that a police officer will be level with a suspect weapons wise. They will always be better off so if a suspect has a melee weapon ARVs are called simply because they're more intimidating. My force for example has never killed anyone I believe.

tl;dr, The SRU are pretty much nothing like what you have posted unfortunately, they are pushing more towards SFOs who deal with things like kidnappings, barricaded suspects, and subjects like Raoul Moat. An AFO over here is basically a regular officer over there as most carry patrol shotguns in their vehicles.

OT: A rule on this would be great and could save new players a few warnings
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Armed Response in Scotland regularly patrol, all be it they are not fully equipped with their firearms. Often mostly their tazer and occasionally they have a side arm strapped to their leg.

I see no issue with SRU patrolling.
[Image: giphy.gif]