Rule 11.7 removal
Soul, how come if you disagreed with it it was implemented? This is your community, it was not the SA Team's. Yet Mavis was demoted even when you didn't want him to be Tounge
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
(08-17-2015, 11:46 AM)Nuka Wrote: Soul, how come if you disagreed with it it was implemented? This is your community, it was not the SA Team's. Yet Mavis was demoted even when you didn't want him to be Tounge

Because there should be democracy in a staff team, not a dictatorship.
The following 1 user Likes Venom's post:
  • Duane
Good this lets us actually raid the president with a good reason
I like that dis was removed
(08-17-2015, 11:46 AM)Nuka Wrote: Soul, how come if you disagreed with it it was implemented? This is your community, it was not the SA Team's. Yet Mavis was demoted even when you didn't want him to be Tounge

or if he just changed a rule that the staff team didnt agree with, they would have left a long time ago
(08-17-2015, 12:02 PM)Venom Wrote:

That was not how it was. The SA team had more power than Soul. A true democracy is ran and altered by the people it serves, so, eg, the players, and everyone involved.

Instead, the SA team functioned as a board of directors as such, with the ability to override any of Soul's opinions/decisions
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
(08-17-2015, 04:58 PM)Nuka Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 12:02 PM)Venom Wrote:

That was not how it was. The SA team had more power than Soul. A true democracy is ran and altered by the people it serves, so, eg, the players, and everyone involved.

Instead, the SA team functioned as a board of directors as such, with the ability to override any of Soul's opinions/decisions

Actually you are thinking of 2013. This previous staff team all voted as a team. Usually the entire team agreed with something and then when we went live with it Soul either had a problem with it or waited until we were in the public and then disagreed with us in the public forum. Which often made us look really bad. He never voiced his concern in our forums and if I remember correctly when we brought up the allowing racism IC he only responded 1 thing on the thread about it "Sure Ni**a" that is all he said. So if you were us, that seems like he agrees. It wasn't until the backlash from players that he came out in the open stating he was against it. So no the SA's were not a board of directors that could override soul. The team worked as a democracy voting together always.

(08-16-2015, 09:22 AM)Greed^ Wrote:
(08-16-2015, 09:13 AM)Devin Wrote: Nice. Is there any sort of restriction, though, that prevents every President from going Dictator?

You need to wait 20 minutes before going dictator
And you need a valid RP reason to ban stuff

pretty sure that's it

Waiting 20 minutes to me does not seem better than just asking a staff member. But I guess we will see if people actually wait the 20 minutes or follow these rules. They did not before, that's the whole reason the staff rule was implemented. People say that it restricts rp. Well having a dictator 24/7 really restricts rp. Especially anyone even thinking of doing something passive.
The following 2 users Like Rolorox's post:
  • mgdwszx, MegaOmega
Dictatorships are a risky bit. While I do believe autocratic government RP shouldn't require special permissions, it still needs some limitations implemented to avoid blood thirsty tax-whores.

Offtopic though, but the old SA team was not at any point above Soul in the decision making progress, neither did we run a dictatorship. While our methods were stricter, it was progress oriented pedagogics.
The following 5 users Like Killjoy's post:
  • mgdwszx, Bradley, Volimius, Freezak, James_Gaff
(08-17-2015, 06:39 PM)Killjoy Wrote: Dictatorships are a risky bit. While I do believe autocratic government RP shouldn't require special permissions, it still needs some limitations implemented to avoid blood thirsty tax-whores.

Offtopic though, but the old SA team was not at any point above Soul in the decision making progress, neither did we run a dictatorship. While our methods were stricter, it was progress oriented pedagogics.

If you're talking in regards to requirements before becoming Dictator and stuff to follow, they can't go OTT generally and will have to wait 20 minutes whilst in power before transforming into Kim-Jong-Un, car banning, come find me kinda' guy's.
The reason dictators were put under heavy restriction was because it became 24/7 dictator "raid mez" rp which promoted a ton of aggressive activity. The same kind of activity that led to a lot of players getting banned in the first place. Just sayin.
The following 4 users Like Old Man Jokhah's post:
  • Freezak, PrincessOfDubai, James_Gaff, Venom