DirectX issue
I have yesterday set my "-dxlevel" to "90" in Order to see applied materials. It worked for some hours, but as i joined the server today Gmod crashed immediately. In your forum there is a thread, that i should change my "-dxlevel" to "85", which i did. It worked, but unfortenately this DirextX-Version has no Motion Blur for Gmod aka i cant use the Blur effect when customizing, reloading and aiming. My Question now is. Is there any DirextX- Version which lets me play on the server and has the Motion Blur effect?
-dxlevel 98

directX 8 came with windows 95 therefore your running the game on 20 year old graphics API
Also I would suggest you to update your graphic card(s), and update to windows 10 Wink.
cant update to windows 10, GPU = GTX 660 2 GB RAM
But thank you, it worked Smile
(08-15-2015, 05:08 PM)MrTrashTag Wrote: cant update to windows 10, GPU = GTX 660 2 GB RAM

Whys that?
Because W10 is no Sad
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Exclamation 
Bad News, it seems like it fixes this temp only :(

whatever i do, i can play on either FL or L² for some hours and then crash, when i try to join again.

I tried:

Changing my -dxlevel 80, 85, 90, 91, 98, 99
Re-installing Gmod
Re-installing FL Content
removing every addon, except for some ttt_maps

I just dont know what the source of the problem is.
Have you tried switching it off and back on again ?
[Image: giphy.gif]
If it's crashing, then its probably making .mdump files in the root Garry's Mod directory. If you don't mind posting the latest one here, it might be helpful in determining what the problem is.

Otherwise, have you updated your graphics card driver?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]