Fearless vs. L.IMELIGHT.
(08-11-2015, 07:08 PM)Rolorox Wrote:
(08-11-2015, 03:32 PM)DVN Wrote: I'll be honest I do agree, I feel like we're the ones getting the most negativity on our website from some of your members over at LL. I'm yet to see anything on your website from us creating altercations, although here it seems we have a good few people running their mouths.

It's unfortunate, because once we react to the messages it becomes a huge war. It's only certain people too majority of the time, they give both communities a bad reputation.

Well even with the bit of flaming there is a lot more intelligible discussion here. LL posts made by FL members have literally been threads titled things like "LL is a Fearless copy" "another community sucks compared to Fearless" and shit like that.

(08-11-2015, 02:33 PM)Edned Wrote: I agree, the arguments and bickering between both communities is quite silly and needs to stop. It's not going to resolve any issues, we all have our own opinions. FL and LL members have different opinions, however I can see the confusion with the recent updates.
It just so happens that LL's update threads are released very shortly after FL's update threads, this is why SoulRipper was very "pissed off", there is no other way of putting that. This has happened three times in a row and it has to be a very large coincidence if this is not purposeful.

At 08-06-2015, 01:41 AM, CodedBrain releases the SmartSnap fix thread. At 08-06-2015, 02:00 AM, Wood Releases the SmartSnap fix thread.
At 08-06-2015, 06:54 AM, CodedBrain releases the Character Model selection thread. At 08-06-2015, 10:36 AM, A suggestion is released for the Character Model selection, which is later on approved.
At 08-10-2015, 07:25 PM, CodedBrain releases the RV update. At 08-10-2015, 07:25 PM, Wood releases the RV update also. (Almost Exactly the same time)
(Note: I know that LL have also been working on the breaking bad update for a while.)

The same updates are happening with FL's.
(I do not despise of either communities, I just wanted to point out these really close release times. I don't want any arguments to be caused by this.)

Obviously this has been stated and discussed multiple times yet you still feel this unrelenting need to bring it up. The matter is no one has rights to updates, no one is "copying" anyone. All these updates that came out have been suggestions on the Fearless forums while our staff team was here and were already approved/being worked on. But because Soul didn't pay developers and because of conflicts, this stuff did not get implemented as quick as it could have. But as soon as we moved over, our devs implemented it as soon as they could after getting servers and forums running. Call it bullshit or a coincidence, but we don't sit in a channel waiting to see what fearless does so we can try and do it first.

We don't give a shit. We just giver our players what they want and suggest. Who cares if we both have it, its literally irrelevant so you can stop bringing it up as if its some giant revelation and condemns us to eternity in FL's shadow or something.

I wasn't aware that this has been brought up before, but this is a very odd and misleading coincidence, I just find it strange how recently all the updates from FL and LL are the same, and being released in chronological order also.
Regards,
Edned

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:51199704&b=16]
+Rep
(08-11-2015, 08:51 PM)Midget Wrote: What I think is astonishing is the fact that everyone from LL think there is NOTHING wrong with completely ripping off the gamemode. 
Even if you helped make some stuff, is it morally correct to just completely copypasta the gamemode? 

A lot of that stuff there you have had absolutely no part of, and some things you have. But why rip off the gamemode like that?

It amazes how nobody thinks about how un-ethical this is. It is such a big norm to not rip-off or "steal" code yet you break these boundaries? I just want you to know that you will never be respected coders, your work is taken from someone else.

You cannot build the last floor of a house then claim the whole house is yours, or part of it, because the fact is that house wouldn't be there without the other 100 stories.

[Image: jy21q.png]

It was even stated here on FL before, seriously make sure you know what you're saying before joining in on the flame-fest.
(08-11-2015, 08:51 PM)Midget Wrote: What I think is astonishing is the fact that everyone from LL think there is NOTHING wrong with completely ripping off the gamemode. 
Even if you helped make some stuff, is it morally correct to just completely copypasta the gamemode? 

A lot of that stuff there you have had absolutely no part of, and some things you have. But why rip off the gamemode like that?

It amazes how nobody thinks about how un-ethical this is. It is such a big norm to not rip-off or "steal" code yet you break these boundaries? I just want you to know that you will never be respected coders, your work is taken from someone else.

You cannot build the last floor of a house then claim the whole house is yours, or part of it, because the fact is that house wouldn't be there without the other 100 stories.

Where does CityRP come from?

2003/2004: HL1: DeathmatchRP
Late 2004: Garrys mod became popular, Tacos 'N Banans and other Serious and non-serious communities spring up
2005: Rick Dark became pissed at non-serous RP'ers in his SeriousRP server that he made CrapRP, later redubbed DarkRP, huge sucess.
2007 to 2008: RP08, which became CiderRP
2008: Applejack
2008:CityRP <- This is where soul and his fantastic devs (both current and previous) started
2015 -> ????: LL

Quote:You cannot build the last floor of a house then claim the whole house is yours, or part of it, because the fact is that house wouldn't be there without the other 100 stories.
No, you cant do that IRL, but why do you then defend soul and not LL when he did just the same thing as they did last week?

Source: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1401400 (Post name may be "History of DarkRP, but the guy explains how CityRP came into existance aswell)
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
The following 1 user Likes Voluptious's post:
  • Noble
(08-11-2015, 09:31 PM)Noble Wrote:

[Image: jy21q.png]

It was even stated here on FL before, seriously make sure you know what you're saying before joining in on the flame-fest.

That doesn't change my point.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
(08-11-2015, 09:37 PM)Voluptious Wrote: Where does CityRP come from?

2003/2004: HL1: DeathmatchRP
Late 2004: Garrys mod became popular, Tacos 'N Banans and other Serious and non-serious communities spring up
2005: Rick Dark became pissed at non-serous RP'ers in his SeriousRP server that he made CrapRP, later redubbed DarkRP, huge sucess.
2007 to 2008: RP08, which became CiderRP
2008: Applejack
2008:CityRP <- This is where soul and his fantastic devs (both current and previous) started
2015 -> ????: LL

Quote:You cannot build the last floor of a house then claim the whole house is yours, or part of it, because the fact is that house wouldn't be there without the other 100 stories.
No, you cant do that IRL, but why do you then defend soul when he did just the same thing as they did last week?

Source: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1401400
Just because it happened before doesn't mean it should happen again?
Besides this case is obviously different I don't know how you can't see that.

Defending him? I am sure he can do that by himself I am merely stating what I think.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
One of the main factors in the whole thing is what soul is doing with the donation thing, honestly if it was me dedicating my life to a virtual server for 8 years it'd be about damn time I started getting a little repayment from everything I've created.. He's simply reaping what he sowed.
The following 1 user Likes Matrix_'s post:
  • Wood
Cider was publically available, CityRP was not.

Also there's barely anything from Cider left after many years of coding.

Let's not start an argument about it please.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Adamantite, De CodeerHeer, Edned

You make it sound as though we took it behind Soul's back and ran off with it.

What we've said multiple times is that we discussed it with Soul on TeamSpeak and he AGREED that we may use the gamemode. Also, the devs hardly "helped make some stuff" when Temar and BSOG alone are the reason why CityRP is in working order to this day.

You weren't there for the discussions that took place on the FL TS so I hardly feel it is right for you to judge the actions of the ex-staff team when you know nothing about what was discussed.

"You cannot build the last floor of a house then claim the whole house is yours, or part of it, because the fact is that house wouldn't be there without the other 100 stories."

In that case, Soul can't claim CityRP is his as he didn't build the first 100 floors either.
The following 4 users Like GeorgeTheBoy's post:
  • Wood, Noble, Enzyme, GRiiM
(08-11-2015, 11:34 PM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote:

You make it sound as though we took it behind Soul's back and ran off with it.

What we've said multiple times is that we discussed it with Soul on TeamSpeak and he AGREED that we may use the gamemode. Also, the devs hardly "helped make some stuff" when Temar and BSOG alone are the reason why CityRP is in working order to this day.

You weren't there for the discussions that took place on the FL TS so I hardly feel it is right for you to judge the actions of the ex-staff team when you know nothing about what was discussed.

"You cannot build the last floor of a house then claim the whole house is yours, or part of it, because the fact is that house wouldn't be there without the other 100 stories."

In that case, Soul can't claim CityRP is his as he didn't build the first 100 floors either.

You keep ignoring this fact. He let us take it.... END OF STORY. Stop saying we stole it like damn.

Secondly as George stated Soul didn't have as much of an impact as you seem to think, obviously George may be exaggerating a bit but SoulRipper was more like the building planner or the Producer of a movie. He had final say a lot, and if he wanted something implemented he would ask for it.... But in no way is this his sole proprietary project. He may have a majority stake in Fearless as the owner, but that does not mean he did the majority of the work. You are pulling "facts" out of thin air. It has been already stated and proven that LL's current devs and team worked and helped make the GM what it is today. Whats the point in continuously ignoring that?
The following 1 user Likes Rolorox's post:
  • Wood
Someone renamed it.

Smooth.