My password has been changed
Just incase this has happeneed to anyone else. My password has changed without my knowledge, and i'm aware of it happening to a few others.
I've recieved no email to make me aware of my accounts password being changed, and had to reset my password again to regain access. 
If this is just a bug in the MyBB system it'd be nice to be made aware so that I can be sure that nothing else on my system or others have been compromised. Could someone from the administration team please inform us of what's going on?
My account was last signed in at a time I was not able to access a computer and the I've heard the same from one other person. Waiting for clarification on the matter.
It's not your password that's changed, it's just broken. It happened after the MyBB 1.8.5 update. Nobody changed it. Simply press forgot password and a link will be send to your e-mail address to change it.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Broken passwords? I'm thoroughly confused. I'll look around http://community.mybb.com/ to see if other's experienced this with 1.8.5
Regards,
aviator
I can't find any other reports of the MyBB 1.8.5 update causing this to any other forum communities. So I want to be completely sure that this is an isolated incidient and not going to compromise anything else.
The following 5 users Like evilmat360's post:
  • GRiiM, aviator, Wood, Mustang, James_Gaff
That's going to be researched, and will be announced when there is indeed a problem, which is unlikely.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Didn't you update the MyBB several days ago, why is it that it's only affecting users now?
Also why was Wood's thread deleted and he was blocked from posting when he made a post about this issue earlier?
It looks slightly suspicious when you do that so can you please ease our minds?

edit: Liv has also reported being banned for questioning Wood's ban...
The following 2 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • Wood, Conn
I've also recieved messages from Liv and Wood about this.
Liv has told me that she's been punished for commenting on this thread (Shown here)
[Image: a73dabd416275669adf25b126533e9c8.png]
Wood has also informed me that he has been punished for reporting on this situation over the forum. (again shown below)
[Image: 79349d2c95f0d5c3868cc287559ee84b.png]
The image linked by wood:
[Image: ef3e8a8d329477be46bc35cca450c4f5.png]

If this was just a bug caused by the update, why were we not informed and having to find out by attempting to log in?
This is what is making me suspicious that something has been compromised.
The following 4 users Like evilmat360's post:
  • Wood, GRiiM, Mustang, James_Gaff
I myself am curious about all this
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 4 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Wood, GRiiM, aviator, evilmat360
Ermm....if this were a problem with MyBB why aren't other communities affected? I feel foul play here...and I don't like it.
Kind Regards,
Mr.UnionSniper
Proud Donor

The following 1 user Likes Mr.UnionSniper's post:
  • GRiiM