Should it be consider metagaming to identify someone by their outfit?
I just had this discussion in game, and the guy just didn't seem to listen to me, he thinks it's metagaming to identify someone by their outfit. Such as a rebel or Corleone.

Personally I think he's wrong, everyone has a distinct outfit so you can identify them. Surely you could just RP that you've seen them before or something.

What do you guys think?
This point is very much on the borderline between Serious RP and Semi-Serious RP.

In the sense of the president banning Rebels and Corleone - you could RP that they have a list of known Mafia associates, and gun dealers could be known as 'famous salesmen' around the city etc.

In the sense of ID'ing someone like a Citizen, or custom jobs, then no you should probably wait until they tell you their job.

Either way seems acceptable really - depending on the player. It's kinda metagaming to know someone is a Black Market Dealer and instantly arrest them - but then that'd be a random arrest.

So yeah - unresolvable point I think, since FL is borderline between Semi-Serious RP and Serious RP Smile
The following 1 user Likes Sniperwolf's post:
  • Vaqxination
well its not metagaming if they got the normal model outfit. Metagaming is like... if you use suit and then they tell you what ur real job like an example, ur banned from the city and u use suit as rebel... and then u like argue in LOOC that u cant tell me what job i am if i am thats metagaming.
[Image: 28guk44.png]

Thanks to Duck for the epic sig..
also thanks for the "a great friend since 2009" really appreciate it!

How about some Reputation?
I think that it is okay to Identify vendors by their outfits, in their stores. They advertise enough as it is. However, for the other jobs, there is no reason identifying them matters. A rebel or a corleone is only identified by their activities. Think of the title as more of a guideline for them, and a label for OOC. In any event, you couldn't act upon it, like the previous post has suggested.