Issue with the FearlessRP registration.
So I wandered onto the register page earlier and I was met with this message about the child protection act:

[Image: TpHsyZB.png]

Out of curiosity I clicked on the COPPA form link and noticed that it says to send the form which is required to be filled by the legal parent or guardian to the provided mailing address or fax number but in fact doesn't provide any of that information.

[Image: Glk294K.png]
When I tried to register using a DOB under 13 years old it brought up this message saying that if I proceeded then the registered account would be inaccessible until the COPPA form is received.

[Image: i48bI5O.png]

So what happens if someone who is actually under 13 years old tries to register onto the forum? 
This would pretty much force them to lie about their age if they wanted access to the site.
Wouldn't say it's really a bug, although it probably should go in Help & Support actually.
Requesting for a staff member to move it there if they think it's more suitable.
I was looking around in the MyBB settings and seen this one. I was reading on Google about it and apparently it's a law in the USA so I enabled it. Not sure if it is required on an European server.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • James_Gaff, GRiiM, Edned
It is required Soul if you have American users to the website, basically a parent/guardian can email you the form stating. I suggest leaving your email address and the form for these people.

Although that's not to say some 12 year old kid won't sign the form and email you it, however it covers the site under Child Protection laws in the US.

Source: My mighty knowledge and experience of forums and shit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Also if someone under the age of 13 knowingly States their age as 13, they are therefore in breach of this and not the website.

In theory, nothing much will happen to the website if it is not hosted in the U.S.

This law is only enforceable if you are collecting information on people. Such as names etc.

Best to leave it on in my opinion Soul. Other websites have been fined, taken down etc.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Perhaps the text could just be changed to include an email address to scan and send the form to.
I doubt that anyone would ever use it but it would just cover you from any violation of US law if it's applicable in this situation.
GRiiM is only worried as he's 12 at heart.
The following 2 users Like James_Gaff's post:
  • GRiiM, Joykill