Rule change
(08-03-2015, 09:55 PM)Baskingner Wrote: How about rape? If i rape someone on your server then surely that is fine, its his/her fault for being offended so quickly anyway.

Did you seriously just equate rape to someone yelling the N word at you? What on earth is wrong with you? That's sickening.
The following 2 users Like jimmyboyo's post:
  • James_Gaff, Matrix_
(08-11-2015, 02:02 PM)jimmyboyo Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 09:55 PM)Baskingner Wrote: How about rape? If i rape someone on your server then surely that is fine, its his/her fault for being offended so quickly anyway.

Did you seriously just equate rape to someone yelling the N word at you? What on earth is wrong with you? That's sickening.
Youre a bit late to the party, ive had this discussion at least twice.

Its a videogame, its fake. If you dont allow people to find racism offensive then why is rape offensive all of the sudden? The videogame argument works both ways.

You think im sickening, i think youre a hypocrite.
Being called 'Ni**er' is offensive, but it nowhere near has the mental effect on someone that rape does, that's the difference.

Edit: Also yes being RP raped in a game isn't going to have any mental affect but there could be people playing that have been raped before IRL. The racism was done in moderation and if you over done it you got banned anyway, rape can't really be in moderation.
There are plenty of people who find racism a lot more as only "offensive", both racism and rape ruins lifes. Its not allowed now and thats a good thing, im done with arguing about this, ive done it far too often now.
(08-11-2015, 09:51 PM)Baskingner Wrote:
(08-11-2015, 02:02 PM)jimmyboyo Wrote:

Youre a bit late to the party, ive had this discussion at least twice.

Its a videogame, its fake. If you dont allow people to find racism offensive then why is rape offensive all of the sudden? The videogame argument works both ways.

You think im sickening, i think youre a hypocrite.

I don't think you understand Baskingner how that argument is invalid. You are comparing two totally different types of "offense" first of all people don't get "offended" by rape per say. Its more that they find it disgusting and disturbing.

When it comes to racism it is the use of derogatory terms to directly offend or be-little someone. Derogatory of course meaning "showing a critical or disrespectful attitude." These words in reality have no meaning. Thats why Ni**er or Ni**a can be used to mean brother, friend, used as a noun or used as an insult. When you get offended by these words it is because you choose to, it is not forced upon you. Especially in an online environment where no one knows who you are or what you look like, they just throw the word around because its "cool slang" or "edgy". It has no real impact if you just don't want it too. Its that simple.

When it comes to rape, it is not a derogatory term, it is the act of committing sexual assault and forcing someone to have sex with you. Its true definition being -

"unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with   or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim."

Rape is also referred to as violent and abusive. So yes doing this in game to another person especially someone that has been subject to rape can be scarring and can definitely trigger mental stigmas. Calling someone a Ni**a that gets called that in real life may offend them, but it does not scar them, it doesn't mentally effect them except maybe pissing them off because they let a fake word do so.

Comparing the two is quite ignorant and you argue it quite adamantly, without taking the reality into consideration. Neither rape nor racism/sexism is good. But the truth is any kid can say Ni**er or Fa**ot in a game without thinking twice because they are practically just derogatory words for stupid or b*tch. But it takes someone really messed up in the head to simulate raping another person, people can put up with racism. Its everywhere, but Rape is not a normal thing and shouldn't be allowed to be displayed like it is. Yes maybe it would be nice to help quell racism and sexism, but I don't know about you, I'd rather let some kid on a game go around saying "yo Ni**a" then let him hold another person against their will and have sex with them in a video game. Its already fucked up in real life, doing it in a video game is just morbid.

So please step away from this apples and oranges philosophy that they are identical in how they effect people. It isn't a very educated approach to take. I have no doubt you are a great person, but your argument is flawed and quite ignorant.
The following 5 users Like Rolorox's post:
  • Falcon, konsta, Preditor, GRiiM, Craz
I don't know about this rule change. The world is a very diverse place, cities are just the same. You will have people with horrible manners in-game, calling people n*ggers, but there are social groups within game, also. People will go into their own groups and RP from there with the people they are comfortable with.
(08-03-2015, 08:48 PM)TroubledTroll Wrote: Guys, this is a good move + Support. Why?

One of the servers philosophy is ''PassiveRP''. What would being racist and sexist do? Usually condem violent, aggressive situation. It shouldn't be allow. If you think it ''limits RP'' you're wrong. It hurts peoples feelings, makes RP more violent. However it will not always be violent, but it will, 110% of the time hurt someones feeling.

If someone were to call me a nígger right now, I'd be so hurt.. Especially because I'm white.

See, that's quite ridiculous, isn't it?
The following 2 users Like Sjloefrens's post:
  • Matrix_, GRiiM
Rolorox,

I beg to differ. Yes, rape is far worse and it scars people for life but so does racism. I dont think you understand what racism is, because its far more then just the N word. When obama became president he was the first black president and some people were seriously shocked, disgusted and wanted to leave the USA when he was elected, thats racism. There are still people who apply for a job but get turned down because theyre black, thats racism. Even the police in the USA is far more aggresive with black people, also racism. I can give you more examples but i think you know what im saying.

Claiming that racism is only the N word, thats the ignorent statement here if you ask me. Both things are disgusting and why they would be allowed on a RP server is beyond me.
(08-12-2015, 09:35 AM)Baskingner Wrote: Rolorox,

I beg to differ. Yes, rape is far worse and it scars people for life but so does racism. I dont think you understand what racism is, because its far more then just the N word. When obama became president he was the first black president and some people were seriously shocked, disgusted and wanted to leave the USA when he was elected, thats racism. There are still people who apply for a job but get turned down because theyre black, thats racism. Even the police in the USA is far more aggresive with black people, also racism. I can give you more examples but i think you know what im saying.

Claiming that racism is only the N word, thats the ignorent statement here if you ask me. Both things are disgusting and why they would be allowed on a RP server is beyond me.

Mate you don't understand. The extreme racism you are referring to never happened on the server.... as well as that is the excessive racism the rule did not allow. So again the rules was fine. But the racism that happened on the server and what most people were debating is what you seemed to be relating to rape. 

Trust me we would have never allowed people to be racism on that extreme of a level. Its why even though racism was allowed. KKK roleplay wasn't.
In all honesty I don't see how not being able to disrespect someone IC affects you all so bad? Sure you can't call anyone the 'N' word or 'gay' but you can still RP? it hardly limits us, people have played for years without that ability fine and that's the way it's gone back to.

Can we just settle at Rape, Discrimination and Racism are all as bad as each other and leave them banned.