Rule change
(08-03-2015, 08:56 PM)Jamster Wrote: Roleplay = acting

Lol.

Tell me..
Why can't I 'act' as a drunk driver as cdm everyone on the server?
Why can't I 'act' as a serial rapist and RP raping everyone on the server?
Why can't I 'act' as a mass murderer and kill everyone I see?

People do these things in movies, so that means we should be allowed to do it ingame, right?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(08-03-2015, 09:13 PM)RIC0H Wrote:

Lol.

Tell me..

People do these things in movies, so that means we should be allowed to do it ingame, right?
I feel bad for you if you're able to play on a server that has constant murder and violence but you can't stand a few harsh words. 

More importantly your "Why can't I" rant doesn't mean much, because there's many reasons behind it.

The whole point of the new rules was to increase interaction between the players, we aimed that you'd have to settle a lot of matters ICly instead of crying to staff constantly. It actually turned out very well, from what I've seen it was not abused, and there's only a small handful of you actually crying about the rule. The vast majority however will most likely say otherwise about how evil and corrupt this rule is.

Regardless though, Soul has made his decision and not much can be done about it.
The following 4 users Like Preditor's post:
  • GRiiM, James_Gaff, Dauntless, jimmyboyo
(08-03-2015, 09:18 PM)Preditor Wrote: I feel bad for you if you're able to play on a server that has constant murder and violence but you can't stand a few harsh words. 

Lets say that you were a brand new player to the server and you were black.
Then you meet someone ingame and they come up to you and call you a negro.
Then you say that you're going to report them for racism and they say "it's not against the rules and in fact the rules encourage it".

How does this make you feel?
Would you stay on the server and/or play on it in future?
(08-03-2015, 09:13 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
Lol.
Tell me..

Ah, I forgot that murder and rape affects players the same way as a few naughty words.
If you wanted to, you could go on the server and call a player almost every curse word in the book but as soon as you call them a 'fàggot' it's game over and next thing you know you're banned.
The following 4 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • Preditor, James_Gaff, Dauntless, Prosto
(08-03-2015, 09:26 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 09:18 PM)Preditor Wrote: I feel bad for you if you're able to play on a server that has constant murder and violence but you can't stand a few harsh words. 

Then you say that you're going to report them for racism and they say "it's not against the rules and in fact the rules encourage it".

Lets say that you were a brand new player to the server and you had dealt with a murder IRL
Then you meet someone ingame and they come up to you and killed you for a VALID RP REASON
Then you say that you're going to report them for murder and they say "it's not against the rules and in fact the rules encourage it".

And no, the rules do not encourage it, I don't know what boat you came from to think that. And as I stated earlier, that argument is invalid because there are already terrible things that are allowed NOW on the server.

Hey I mean, you could always turn it into daycare RP, take away all the violence and make sure you hold hands!

There's no way you can stop someone from getting hurt, you can't make everyone happy. Also just saying, Negro isn't racist, it's an actual word for black in Spanish. So if someone were to get hurt by that why are they even playing a game like this in the first place?
The following 2 users Like Preditor's post:
  • GRiiM, jimmyboyo
(08-03-2015, 09:26 PM)RIC0H Wrote:

Let's say you knew someone who died of a drug overdose and you come to realize that FL has a lot of drugs that bring back upsetting memories.
Let's say you was mugged in real life and it was a really traumatic part of your life and then someone tries to mug you in an online game.
Let's say you're a devout christian and you get offended any time someone swears in the game.

See where this is going? If you kept removing gameplay mechanics or restricting players because 'it could upset people' then there wouldn't be much of a server would there?
The following 4 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • Preditor, Shorty, Dauntless, jimmyboyo
(08-03-2015, 09:33 PM)Preditor Wrote: And no, the rules do not encourage it

5.7 While you may be racist, sexist, and discriminatory IC

Come again?

(08-03-2015, 09:34 PM)GRiiM Wrote: Let's say you knew someone who died of a drug overdose and you come to realize that FL has a lot of drugs that bring back upsetting memories.
Let's say you was mugged in real life and it was a really traumatic part of your life and then someone tries to mug you in an online game.
Let's say you're a devout christian and you get offended any time someone swears in the game.

Yes... because all of those are exactly the same as racism.
The following 1 user Likes RIC0H's post:
  • Baskingner
(08-03-2015, 09:35 PM)RIC0H Wrote:
Come again?

How does that encourage it? It just says you can if you want to.

Can I just ask if you identify yourself as a SJW? Because we're just going around in circles here and that could be the root of the problem.
The following 3 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • Preditor, Dauntless, jimmyboyo

Come again?

I will infact, it says IT'S ALLOWED. IT IN NO WAY ENCOURAGES IT. "Hey guys! Go be racist! Have fun! Do whatever you want!".

Once again, you are invalid.
The following 2 users Like Preditor's post:
  • GRiiM, jimmyboyo

Come again?

It just allows you to be those things, its not saying 5.7 GO BE RACIST and SEXIST TO EVERYONE WOOH. That's encouraging, in the actual rule it just says you may.
The following 3 users Like Rouch122's post:
  • Preditor, GRiiM, James_Gaff