Owner's explanation
Dear members of the Fearless Community,

Today has been a sensitive day in the history of Fearless. As most of you already have read, almost the entire staff team resigned from their position. In this thread I will explain my side of the story and clear things up, plus telling my future plans for Fearless.

For a couple of days you may have noticed that a lot of the admin wore the [S] tag. This tag was standing for 'Strike' which basically means that the admin in function will stop doing any tasks. They've done this because they wanted to get my attention and to solve the issues Fearless has in their opinion.

In their opinion my communication with the staff was insufficient, I was making biased calls and I should not override the general opinion of the staff team when it comes to decisions and that I don't spend enough money on development.

I've been in two meetings of around 3 hours long each and I've done my best to convince that I will try to improve things, I was willing to try my best to fix these issues. To my suprise I however received a document signed by most of the admins that I had to read.

The document shown me their demands. Their demand was the following:
- You resign as owner and temar will be the new owner
- If not, the staff team will resign.

Now with all due respect, but I was not able to comply with these demands. I've been running Fearless since 2008, so that's around 7 years and apart from the last months I've been really active on Fearless and I've been developing a lot of content for it. Many old members will remember this.

Temar is a great guy, he has made amazing scripts for Fearless and has an unbelievable amount of knowledge about, but that does not make him a suitable man to run the servers. I don't like bragging about myself, but I want to be the leader of this community because I've built up a lot of experience in the past years.

By disagreeing with my resignation, all staff members involved in the negotiation decided to leave Fearless because that was their ultimatum. I've done multiple attempts to ask if we could not just try one extra month so that I can prove myself. This was denied.

This resulted in the current situation which is that I've got almost no staff left including the developers.

Donations
In the other thread the donations has been brought up to daylight. I've seen the calculations and I understand how they look legit, but a lot of factors have not been taken into account. The costs running the server has not been mentioned, chargebacks, payment of backup servers (in case of DDoS), currency inflation and more.  Also note that in the starting year I barely received any donations. The calculation is incorrect and overexaggerated.

Yes, I do earn money from Fearless and it's been a lot, but I've always made sure the servers were running on brand new hardware, the bills were getting paid and I've made the promise that Fearless will never go down because of financial problems, unlike many other communities. The servers will stay running, even if they don't generate a profit anymore or if  they only cost money. It will be here till the last player stops playing it.

My opinion about the administration
I'm really grateful for all the work the admins have done and they've done an amazing job keeping the server minge free.

I do however think that every admin has his own ban length standards which results in different ban times for the same rule broken. I've also noticed signs of bias (by some, not calling names). I want to minimalize this in the new team.

What's next
I'm not going to give up on Fearless and I hope you won't either. In the upcoming weeks I'm going to gather a new admin team and I'm going to talk with several developers who are interested in keeping our server up-to-date and who wants to create new features for it. I've got a lot of contacts and I'm sure I'll get the right people on the right spots. Not all of the admins have left, it's unclear who is staying and who is not, hopefully some admins stay.

The future of FearlessRP is not in danger.

I'm going to get active myself again too in terms of administration on the server and development. I've been active in the past and it's not only good to help keeping the server minge-free, but I also get more connection with the players.

I want to thank all the admins who have resigned today for their dedication and efforts to the community. I wish it didn't end like this. I want to give a special thanks to Temar who has done an incredible amount of administration and development. I hope to see you on the server one day again.

Fearless will not close and hopefully comes stronger out of this.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Well, good luck Soul, nothing personal against you.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Well, we hope for the best Soul, you did well
Rep Me | I am indeed, a very Wild Dorito | Profile
Just lookin to have fun and role play
well, glhf
The following 1 user Likes DougisBest's post:
  • Wild_Dorito
I just feel bad that it took these drastic acts for you to actually get involved. I've enjoyed my time here, thank you Soul.

Good luck finding more staff.
I can honestly understand why such a huge demand wasn't met. It's good to know that FL will not close and it will continue with a new unbiased team.
The following 4 users Like Suarez's post:
  • Tomo, MasterNoda, Grunt, Edned
Good luck for the new team
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander
#Ryan!4mod I'm here buddy
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
+ Support Ryan!