Recent progress
Hi everyone,

I'd just like to inform you all of our recent progress in updating both CityRP and preparing FL, as there's been a bit of a lull since the rapid updates of a few weeks ago. We're still churning out content every couple of days, but nothing major... yet.

A lot of work has gone into improving the server-side code that isn't directly visible in-game. However, one major thing that we've just finished has been a rewrite of our schematics and crafting code, which will allow us to progress with more craftable items to build a true player economy. I'll be looking into a few new things with this soon, but this will let me progress with updates such as a fishing overhaul, legal forms of 'contraband', and so on.

A few admins and I have also put a lot of time into preparing DayZ for you all. A lot of the code that we bought has required changes; while it's a good gamemode, a lot of things in it are pretty unprofessional in comparison to FL. We're going to try and use the v2p map with a few changes. I had to generate a .nav file for v2p, which took a long time. We've been making an atmospheric environment using world props, atmos, and soon some custom skybox/fog alterations, and also a distorted, spooky version of the Nexus VOX (the announcement system on 2d and 33x). RP-wise, it'll be as if the reason for v2p disappearing was a zombie apocalypse. Cheesy, but hopefully pretty fun. There are still a few bugs to iron out, of course.

Also, my activity in development has been a little slow recently, for a few reasons, namely that I have had a fair bit of work to do and also am studying engineering maths, which is pretty intense. I'm happy to say that I still manage to find some time to develop for FL, though; the harder I work, the more spare time I have, and I try and maintain a good balance between social life, exercise, and development.

Take care, all. Hopefully soon we'll have DayZ ready for you, and many more updates! If you have any suggestions about how I should handle crafting updates, I'd be interested to hear them; here is the place to post them.
Awesome! Glad to see it, although, one question:
Are the remaining emergency vehicles going to get new models?
If so, when? Will there be more than one variation of Police Car? I'd love to see them when they come out! Keep me posted?
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
(07-27-2015, 03:28 AM)Faustie Wrote: RP-wise, it'll be as if the reason for v2p disappearing was a zombie apocalypse.

"Hey whatever happen to that city south of here?" **Special forces abduct the man and he's never seen again**

#V2PQUARANTINEZONE2K15
The following 3 users Like Preditor's post:
  • Emil, MacTavish, Link
Keep up the great work. The DayZ server sounds like it's going to be pretty good so far.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander
The fire engine will, for sure. I'm still working on it, and there isn't a huge amount left to do, but my priorities changed slightly when DayZ was bought; I wanted to get it up and running soon, rather than delay a whole new game-mode over a model and vehicle update. Not to mention the server-side updates, which are vital in allowing future updates. As for police cars, there's not much planned. Eventually, perhaps, but we have a huge list of updates we want to do and police cars isn't on mine, at least.

Wood and Voluptious especially have been doing some really hard work recently, but there's also been some great stuff from Temar and BSOG. Darknoob won't be able to make models for us for some time, but I'd like to thank him for the work he's done for us in the past month. He made the briefcase, batons, and the new radar gun.
The following 3 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Reebs, Voluptious, Link
Quote:unprofessional in comparison to FL.

I'll need an example...
(07-27-2015, 03:38 AM)Faustie Wrote: -SNIP-

Thanks! I look forward to the new Fire Truck, and hopefully new police Cars as well!
Regards,
Reebs
Veteran

[Image: zeVtdhR.png]
When you join the server, multiple NPCs dance across the screen waving HL3 logos. Also, on the death gravestone it says "Press F to show respects :^)". We don't need epic Call of Duty or HL3 may-mays on our servers, at least not coded in to them.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Suarez, MacTavish
Hey Faustie, great work on getting updates out, that goes for everyone else that is working and testing the updates. Great job everyone, keep it up!
(07-27-2015, 03:41 AM)Faustie Wrote: When you join the server, multiple NPCs dance across the screen waving HL3 logos. Also, on the death gravestone it says "Press F to show respects :^)". We don't need epic Call of Duty or HL3 may-mays on our servers, at least not coded in to them.

Buh le epic 9chan 4gag may-mays are le best may-mays...
The following 1 user Likes yarrrs's post:
  • Emil