Discrimination of servers
Hello there fearless, this issue is a gaining issue.
Young kids such as me are being abused just for our 'voices'. I was one told to come back when my 'balls drop'. This situation is ever rising. It's not fun. Fearless used to be without these discriminators but this is getting far out of hand.

Hopefully, some of the admins will read this and decide.
Ehm, well. I can't tell you that it's something that's fixable. Since, well yeah you guessed it, people. I dunno why they choose to call younger users out. It's immature, unnecessary and you can basicly just leave them be?
I know for a fact that many of the regular Fearless members, has been going trough bullying and has been picked on because of their voice. I, myself got picked on and i didn't touch my mic before i had a deeper voice AND a propper accent. It just, envolved into me not thinking I'm good enough. So, yeah. I took it to the heart untill i grew up and realized i should've kept talking. Either way, my best advice would be to seek regular fl members ( Good amount of RPP and hours -> Remember, hours REALLY does not mean lots ) and to ignore the people that picks on you.

It's an issue that runs not only in game servers but over the whole internet where voice communication is a source of use. Untill something happens ( which i highly doubt will ), you just gotta hang out with the people that are cool.
Best of luck!
The following 1 user Likes Bowiii's post:
  • Tmdirtbike
The thing is that i love being a police officer and it is a huge advantage if you have a microphone however, when i do happen to use it I am harassed. Although hanging out with people like Little Big Horn, it's a very sad thing when he witnesses it.
(07-25-2015, 06:49 PM)Riceman? Wrote: The thing is that i love being a police officer and it is a huge advantage if you have a microphone however, when i do happen to use it I am harassed. Although hanging out with people like Little Big Horn, it's a very sad thing when he witnesses it.

Arh.. Had the same exact issue.. You know, with the police officer part. You know, I'm sorry to say, but people won't stop because.. A huge amount of them are straight up assholes. I would tell you to keep on doing what you like, but you need to know that some day you might get hurt again..
So, word of advice? I mean how do i deal with them?
Hey man, I have been in similar shoes to you. I am 16 years old and still have a squeaky voice yet it is developing.
I got bullied on fearless a while back and it has stopped now, you get those one or two people who think it is funny yet if it happens I tend to report them. I got through it and many staff members and community players helped me. It was terrible, I sometimes hated coming on FL. Trust me it will get better, just act on it. Catch someone discriminating you and report them. Everyone develops at different speeds, it takes time. Try make some friends over Fearless that you can RP with and have fun with! Having people to play with will put your mind of it.
The following 2 users Like Blurr's post:
  • Bowiii, Wood
The thing is every now and then someone ends up doing things like that, it's just not going away.
There is not much that you can do to stop them then report them, you get these arseholes and there is not much you can do to get them to stop unfortunately.
Your voice doesn't matter. If someone discriminates you because of that, that person should be wiped out of the planet. Seems like the person is a loser in RL else why would he blame you for your voice? We all have different voices, no matter who or what we are. Keep it simple. Talk, talk as much as you like. You're more than welcome, believe me. Also, a voice does not reflect your personality. I could quickly change it via MorphoxVoice etc. Better use your real voice which is much more pleasant.
Enjoy Smile
People scrounge for reasons to discriminate others usually to put themselves at a higher level, this sort of thing is against the rules and if it happens, for your own well being, please report it to the staff.

Unfortunately the staff team can't just change the outlook of the older generation, in their mindset if they are older, they are better, and the only time they will learn
any better is when they are much older than that.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator