Player Report: PetitPepe
Name of player:  PetitPepe

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:118982233

Time in GMT: 01:00

Server: v2d

Summary:

Attempted RDM.  He pulled out a sidearm and attempted to shoot me dead while I was charging his friend for jaywalking.

Evidence:

Hey all,

I'd like to explain that both of us were criminals, and that both of us had been plotting to "deal" with these officers for some time, as they had been standing outside tunnel stopping us everytime we drove past for petty reasons, which we strongly assumed was just to annoy us on purpose. We had also been arrested and fined by them multiple times (I estimate I'd probably paid them about $1k in fines to them at this point), which was even more reason for us to have a disliking against them.

At the point in the video, my friend was being arrested for j-walking. I saw this from across the street and knew that he was carrying expensive weapons at the time, and didn't want him to get arrested and lose them. Now rewatching the video it is clear that the officer only wanted him to pay a fine, but I wasn't aware of this as I had ran back to equip my weapon as soon as I saw the officer pull a tazer on my friend, and then acted quickly because I believed the cop was about to cuff him. My main intention was to create a distraction, although as you can see in the video I then attempted to kill the officer because I knew he was going to kill me otherwise. I was successful, as my friend was able to escape.

Please also note that as clearly shown in this clip, I didn't actually end up killing a single person in this incident.
(07-24-2015, 11:41 AM)PetitPepe Wrote: I'd like to explain that both of us were criminals, and that both of us had been plotting to "deal" with these officers for some time, as they had been standing outside tunnel stopping us everytime we drove past for petty reasons, which we strongly assumed was just to annoy us on purpose. We had also been arrested and fined by them multiple times (I estimate I'd probably paid them about $1k in fines to them at this point), which was even more reason for us to have a disliking against them.

You need an appropriate reason to deal with someone the way you were going about it (99.9% sure you wanted to kill me).  You cannot kill a cop because he is arresting a friend of yours, and you cannot kill a cop because he prosecuted you with minor offences such as jaywalking, speeding, reckless driving etc.  You also opened fire in the main city road; a place where pretty much every individual in the city could see what was going on.  You're only supposed to engage in criminal activity away from the public, because doing otherwise falls under Fail RP.

Quote:At the point in the video, my friend was being arrested for j-walking. I saw this from across the street and knew that he was carrying expensive weapons at the time, and didn't want him to get arrested and lose them. Now rewatching the video it is clear that the officer only wanted him to pay a fine, but I wasn't aware of this as I had ran back to equip my weapon as soon as I saw the officer pull a tazer on my friend, and then acted quickly because I believed the cop was about to cuff him. My main intention was to create a distraction, although as you can see in the video I then attempted to kill the officer because I knew he was going to kill me otherwise. I was successful, as my friend was able to escape.

You weren't across the street?  You were directly behind me the whole time.  I'm sure you were aware that I was only issuing your friend a fine, and yet you decided that pulling out a pistol and unloading nearly a full clip into me was an appropriate response.  Also, shooting someone numerous times isn't a distraction.  That's like saying stabbing someone in the gut repeatedly is a distraction.

Quote:Please also note that as clearly shown in this clip, I didn't actually end up killing a single person in this incident.

The attempt alone still shows you were trying to kill me because I was giving your friend a fine, or because of earlier incidents where me and another officer charged you numerous times for traffic violations.  Either way, both are not sufficient reasons to shoot an officer dead in public.
Approved.
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]