Running Undead

It is 2054, America was thinking of the things they heard on the Chinese radio a joke, and that it is not true.
There were rumours going about that a 'Zombie' invasion was soon to happen.
Word spread about what the Chinese were saying on their radio, still, everyone thought it was a joke... Until they came.
They destroyed everything, houses, shops, gas station and even skyscrapers. After images leaked of all of this, the world panic'd. They were too late. Before anyone started making defences as such against these 'Zombies' they were dead.
Slowly more and more countries fell in the hands of the 'Zombies'.
After around 1 year, things started to calm down, the 'Zombies' couldn't get over sea's so they stayed in the countries they had got to.
1 city was left. EvoCity, but it didn't last long at all! The 'Zombies' quickly got to them and had taken EvoCity. However, some people had got onto a bus and left the city just in-time to live. But, they had no where to go.

After 1 week of travelling, the bus ran dry of gas, so, walking it was. Food and water supplies were getting low so people were starting to struggle. But, they found one place, a small area of land which had no one there. Things like an empty shopping mall is there, a different shop or two. A little lake. Some toxic water, the occasional working car is found for exploration and more!
But what they don't know is that the answer to all the 'Zombies' lies within a cave at the place. Everyone must go with everything they have found as it has a great living quarters, but, one problem. It is heavily guarded by 'Zombies' annnnd, other creatures. To stop the 'Zombie' invasion, they must get past the 'Zombies' to reach the end, victory.
Not all will make it, the door to the complex, opens. And then closes forever. There is no going back. The door opens, counts 5 people, and then closes. It is a slow door, so more may get in, but not all. Whoever is left is destin to die. Whoever gets in may die, or survive. Let the best go first. But, before all of this, there is a code to find somewhere on the map to get into the cave. This door is to be open for 10 seconds, then closes. It is a very wide door so lots can get past. But! Not all will make it unless this is planned. The door opens 2 times. 1st is a test for it, 2nd, you MUST pass through. Anyone going past the first time DIES. The door to the underground complex must NOT be passed until fully open, anyone passing through while it is not fully open (This is while opening) WILL die. (OOC: I will explain the basic story line on the say)

Will they survive, or will they die?

Roles:
Survivalist - You will not need to apply for this role, only turn up.

Bus Driver - No bus will be needed, just the driver. Anyone can apply (1/1)
BYS | DVN

Davidson Family - You choose the role you wish to play within the FamilyRP (0/4)

Walshie Family - You choose the role you wish to play within the FamilyRP (2/4)
BasicallyMental (Dad)
Mr Doc (Eldest Son)

End Saviour Army - You will RP until told you are needed for the end scene (May apply for more than one role) (4/4)
lods of emone
SummerOak
[FL:RP] Suarez
[FL:RP] Ven

Secret Chinese Organisation Workers - Knew about this all along (3/3)
Lord Octagon
[FL:RP]Xavier 3.10
Amity

When? 21/07/2015 - 7PM English time (No guarantees)
Where? Event server if I can get it on.

The map will now be v33x. I will bend the story a tad to fit the new map.

Application Format:

Code:
Steam name:
RPP:
Bans:
Blacklists:
Hours:
Role I wish to be:
Reason for chosen role:

I agree to follow all rules.

Rules:
Follow all normal CityRP rules. Including NLR, the map is Massive!
Follow as the story-line is told for this to go well.
Work in teams or as one big group.
Make sure to listen, it may get complicated.

Make sure to get them applications in quick!!

After talking to the very useful and kind Faustie about the map issue with Zombies from the Event earlier today, I now know why.
In the map, there needs be a navigation mesh. A one that all NPC's would need to use. Most mappers are very lazy these days and do not bother to add this mesh which results in what happened today.
(Basically, the Zombies had no places to go as told by the map)
(I tried to copy Fausites words)
Fausties actual life story sent: (Only the important part)
Simple - The map had no navigation mesh.

Essentially, most NPCs in gmod only know where to move if there is a navigation mesh - this is a matrix of nodes placed on all walkable surfaces on the map which let the NPC AI know whether or not they can move there, and then there are some more advanced nodes you can add later which let NPCs know whether or not they can climb an area, etc. Without a navigation mesh, they don't know where to go and simply freeze. The navigation mesh is normally saved as a .nav file and would be located in the maps folder.

For some reason, the majority of mappers on gmod don't bother making navigation meshes. It's not a hard process, but it takes quite a long time. You have to use your CPU to generate a navigation mesh (or you can edit it manually, but that takes forever) for a map if it doesn't have one. V2d and 33x have meshes coded into the map.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BasicallyMental's post:
  • mgdwszx
Application Format updated.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
Steam name: Mr Doc
RPP: 2
Bans: Very disappointed to say but 12
Blacklists: Again disappointed 8
Hours: 532
Role I wish to be: Walshie Family - Eldest Son
Reason for chosen role: I wish to be this role as I just really enjoy family RP's and I beleive I can Rp this role correctly with no mistakes.
(07-18-2015, 09:44 AM)Mr Doc Wrote: Steam name: Mr Doc
Bans: Very disappointed to say but 12
Blacklists: Again disappointed 8
Hours: 532
Role I wish to be: Walshie Family - Eldest Son
Reason for chosen role: I wish to be this role as I just really enjoy family RP's and I beleive I can Rp this role correctly with no mistakes.

Accepted.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
Steam name: Lord Octagon

Bans: 0 
Blacklists: 0 
Hours: 372
Role I wish to be: Secret Chinese Organisation Worker
Reason for chosen role:  I'm experienced in roleplaying similar roles, and I enjoy engaging in these kind of RPs.

(07-18-2015, 03:39 PM)Lord Octagon Wrote: Steam name: Lord Octagon

Bans: 0 
Blacklists: 0 
Hours: 372
Role I wish to be: Secret Chinese Organisation Worker
Reason for chosen role:  I'm experienced in roleplaying similar roles, and I enjoy engaging in these kind of RPs.

Accepted.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
Hey, that Davidson family sounds pretty amazing.

Best regards
The following 1 user Likes Davidson's post:
  • BasicallyMental
Can I be Rick? *Puts of sheriff hat and reloads revolver*
(07-21-2015, 07:57 AM)Jericho Wrote: Can I be Rick? *Puts of sheriff hat and reloads revolver*

I'll give out any extra jobs depending on how many turn up. If the event does happen this is.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
good luck with it, i'll try to be a survivor!