Russia's opinion on gays
Such a shame to see this, obviously they included the 'best' reactions and this doesn't portray everyone from Russia but something really should be done.
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Dauntless
(07-14-2015, 07:48 PM)Adam James Wrote: Generally knew Russian's dont like gays, but hell, they dont gotta attempt to beat the shits out of them.

A few of those in the video were definitely looking for a fight, if it had been at night then they would have.
Remember that this is daytime in Moscow, probably the most modern and westernized place in whole Russia. In smaller towns they would simply have their heads kicked in.
The following 1 user Likes GRiiM's post:
  • Dauntless
I think I'd be pretty pissy if someone (that I wasn't attracted to) shove a rose up my face or tried to kiss me - but obviously I wouldn't assault the guy or the girl. Soviet Union wasn't that long ago and generations from that era still live (and has brought forward this kind of ideology to the second generation). You can't honestly base the Russians and their thoughts based on one "best clips" video - especially not consider the circumstances.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(07-15-2015, 12:20 PM)GRiiM Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 07:48 PM)Adam James Wrote: Generally knew Russian's dont like gays, but hell, they dont gotta attempt to beat the shits out of them.

A few of those in the video were definitely looking for a fight, if it had been at night then they would have.
Remember that this is daytime in Moscow, probably the most modern and westernized place in whole Russia. In smaller towns they would simply have their heads kicked in.

you wouldn't want to know what would happen in siberia
(07-14-2015, 08:08 PM)Dauntless Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 07:00 PM)Mahti Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 06:39 PM)Қайсыбіреу немістің мәні Wrote: Gee, the russian people are still so mentally corrupted?
You base your opinion on russians in these videos?
How could he/she not? They literally assaulted a man just because of his sexuality. That says allot about a country and its citizens - (Not all of them of course)

That happens in america more than in russia.
(07-16-2015, 10:12 PM)MacTavish Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 08:08 PM)Dauntless Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 07:00 PM)Mahti Wrote:
(07-14-2015, 06:39 PM)Қайсыбіреу немістің мәні Wrote: Gee, the russian people are still so mentally corrupted?
You base your opinion on russians in these videos?
How could he/she not? They literally assaulted a man just because of his sexuality. That says allot about a country and its citizens - (Not all of them of course)
That happens in america more than in russia.
Are you sure? I have been to America a few times and it doesn't seem to be anywhere close to how homophobic Russia seems to be, hence the legalization of gay marriage and the amount of married gay couples there. I don't see the US being as homophobic as Russia. At least its not illegal there as it is in allot of countries in the South and Middle East.
Now the question is do they hate gays 'cause they of their own opinion on that topic or just follow the majority.
The following 2 users Like Freezak's post:
  • Von Tempski, Dauntless
Speaking about discrimination in Russia:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/33577956

stay dench or get frimponged
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
I don't really like homosexual people. But punching a person because he's gay, or insulting him for that...
rare mature jarz post incoming

Lol are we seriously shaming people for believing in the traditional sexual orientation? Sure, kicking someone is theoretically never OK, but when you persistently insist on "furthering" a relationship 2 seconds after meeting the dude, or in many situations in the second video, without even knowing their names, you're essentially calling them a f*ggot from out of the blue. And yes, I say f*ggot and not gay or some more respectable name, because the pranksters/social experimenters aren't showing respect for these individuals either. I mean hell, the dude walked up to an obviously straight couple, and started causing trouble. I don't care if it's a sensitive subject or not, these guys aren't helping anybody with this.

However, when you see a gay couple walking on the sidewalk hand in hand, there is absolutely no reason to harass them or demean them in any way. Sucks that had to happen, keep reading though as it's sorta justified. Yet, I don't understand what the problem is when people look back at the guys holding hands. Coming from a country that has the public opinion of 23% saying homosexuals should be executed and 24% saying they should be isolated, I don't see what social reaction they are trying to go for, even if a superpower legalized it across the pond. You're still in Russia, and as far as I'm concerned EVERY HUMAN BEING has the right to move their head backward to engage in a double-take of something.