GMod DayZ server incoming
Can't wait! XD Soul will you be more active on the DayZ server Smile
I've been playing around with server zombie counts a little. We have to strike a careful balance between threatening swarms of zombies, safe spots, and server stability. It's difficult because the zombies can chase you a long way, and if a huge swarm of them congregate in one area then, while the server doesn't become unstable, there is a little lag in how the zombies move. I've currently set it to 150 max zombies, which will hopefully work well. If it's not threatening enough, we might just close off a section of the map to force the zombies and players into a tighter space, which will hopefully be more dangerous.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • BasicallyMental, MacTavish
Can we open a DayZ suggestion thread? I have loads.
The following 1 user Likes Jericho's post:
  • kix2468
(07-14-2015, 12:39 PM)HellShell Wrote: Oh lord, remember playing this with George, Coffee and Ciryl one time, actually liked it.

Cybergmod Lol Tounge
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
So which map will it be? rp_apocalypse, rp_pripyat or?
(07-18-2015, 12:49 PM)MacTavish Wrote: So which map will it be? rp_apocalypse, rp_pripyat or?

V2p

The following 1 user Likes General Rickets's post:
  • kix2468
Having zombies in this map will be tough, i have yet to see a good zombie AI in Gmod.
Looking forward to this though, eager to see how it turns out!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=152529683

This addon has better zombie AI than default gmod i think.
The following 1 user Likes MacTavish's post:
  • Baskingner
(07-18-2015, 01:23 PM)MacTavish Wrote: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=152529683

This addon has better zombie AI than default gmod i think.

These zombies actually look pretty cool! Just hoping that the server wont use the default HL2 zombies.
Sounds rather interesting.