Poll: What is your opinion on RPing for RP points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good/It is alright to do it
65.91%
29 65.91%
Bad/You shouldn't do it
34.09%
15 34.09%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[DEBATE] RP for RP Points, Good or Bad?
Do aggressive roleplay for points, super fun and rewarding, the only catch is that you actually have to know how to aggressive roleplay!?!?!! Wow what a magnificent ability, knowing how to not shoot within 5 seconds of seeing someone at your front door! Be unique, stand out, ?????, profit. Ezy gabes eat life. Too bad you wasn't around whe teachers could give points, they were handed out for sitting behind a desk for 6 hours doing /me when the teacher walked in the shop. Gh wp.
The following 1 user Likes Smex's post:
  • Nihl
(07-20-2015, 11:36 PM)Smex Wrote: Do aggressive roleplay for points, super fun and rewarding, the only catch is that you actually have to know how to aggressive roleplay!?!?!! Wow what a magnificent ability, knowing how to not shoot within 5 seconds of seeing someone at your front door!

Sounds more like Anti-aggressive RP to me :p

Unless ofc 'aggressive' in America means 'Stay Calm'.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
(07-18-2015, 11:56 PM)RIC0H Wrote: The current system for distributing points is flawed as it involves a person to issue them.

Points should be distributed automatically for things such as:

Fireman put out X amount of fires in X time
Paramedics healed X amount of players in X time
Police issued X amount of successful warrants in X time

"in X time" could be something like 'put out 5 fires every day for 5 days straight'.
^ To prevent abuse.

That way you automatically receive Role-Play Points for doing Role-Play.

Why?
Because you can only get certain items now for RP points, and when no one is giving them out, players can never get the items.

Atm you probably get RP points for being friends with an admin and stopping at a red light.
*Admins there like*... oh nice role play there buddy, have a point Wink

-edit-
The automation of RP points should also require you to have a certain amount of game time before you start receiving points automatically.
(ie)
Start issuing points automatically once player has reached X amount of days (IG Time) play time.

Not only is this not a good idea but this way you see roleplay points is just wrong. Especially thinking we just hand them out to friends. People get roleplay points when they roleplay exceptionally. They have to be actively engaged in their rp. The best thing you can do is make a roleplay that people need. Something that gets more people involved is more likely to earn you a roleplay point (obviously still only if rp'd well). People always say "I do so much rp and never get a point". Literally everyone on this server is roleplaying at all times. The points are not for roleplaying, they are for showing exceptional abilities in roleplay to go above and beyond to help create the atmosphere of a city. I would much rather give an rp point to someone who has a family run laundromat, then someone who is running a gambling dupe or just another normal looking resturant. Make it unique and use lots of /me /it. Every action you do should be rp'd. You are not going to earn a point if you simply do something like.... "hey can I get a burger"... "sure", /me makes burger. "here you go". I mean yeah its nice but roleplay points should be hard to get and feel like a real achievement. Not just alright lets roleplay for a couple hours, oh I got a point, on to the next one.

Trust me, I know lots of staff members look around when they are on. People still get rp points. But not many people try to be unique or roleplay exceptionally so it doesn't happen often.
They are great, however I have never seen them awarded for typical RP, such as police officers, and if they have... it must be a rarity.
Whoever tries to get an RPP by doing AggresiveRP, you most likely never get one because most of the admins except you to do something more creative, passive and better, unless the admin is General Rickets (not always, see reason below), your AggresiveRPness is not the same with the other players' (you use a lot of /me and /it, or you do something else idk :p ) or an admin who likes AggressiveRP in general. (Not always, as Nacreas said, they know when you RP for RPPs.)
And no, it's not bad to RP for RPPs, if you're not breaking the rules and minging around, it's okay. But, as a lot of people say, it's boring. VERY BORING.
It's still possible to receive RPP's from something aggressive. It's nice to have a mixture of both, for example a good SWAT RP or something related like a nice mafia business extortion but with a family background and twists to it. Just make it unique, enjoyable and more in-depth than normal.
(07-30-2015, 11:53 AM)DVN Wrote: It's still possible to receive RPP's from something aggressive. It's nice to have a mixture of both, for example a good SWAT RP or something related like a nice mafia business extortion but with a family background and twists to it. Just make it unique, enjoyable and more in-depth than normal.
Yeah I know, but to be honest, that rarely happens so people are like 'If we do a great SwatRP, admins won't notice and give us RPPs, the same thing happend with the last great SwatRP, so let's not do it and not waste our time." 
The following 1 user Likes Michael's post:
  • DVN