Poll: What is your opinion on RPing for RP points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good/It is alright to do it
65.91%
29 65.91%
Bad/You shouldn't do it
34.09%
15 34.09%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[DEBATE] RP for RP Points, Good or Bad?
Lightbulb 
RP for RP Points, Good or Bad?

I hear a lot of people argue that you shouldn't rp for rp points. However, I hear some people argue that it is alright. What do you think?

I want this to be a civilised debate, so please respond with sensible points! When you do post, put a point for/against and explain. I also don't want people fighting and being horrible to others, this is only a debate.
Roleplay is boring when doing it for the points, you should just do it for the fun. Trust me if you just RP for points you'll get bored of the server fast. Why do you think a vast majority of members have over 1000 hours?

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
The following 3 users Like Jordy's post:
  • MegaOmega, Kippsee,
We know when someone is doing their role-play for the points so don't bother. Points are cool and all but after awhile, as Jordy said, you'll get bored.

Just enjoy role-playing.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 4 users Like Nacreas's post:
  • MegaOmega, Jordy, , MacTavish
I'll admit at my early hours all I wanted was that first point, after I got it I thought ' why am I doing this for points? This is actually pretty enjoyable, I'll just do it instead of actually doing it for a point.' Now I just RP because, well now it's a big hobby of mine and it's something I enjoy doing a lot, and that will show in my 1.6k + hours and my amount of RPPs I've gained just by RPing because I enjoy it. They more you enjoy it the better you'll get at it.
The following 1 user Likes Mustang's post:
  • ToxicSilverFlame
I am still awaiting that first RPP *sigh* but I don't rp for them, It is only an incentive to RP better. And the better RP the more enjoyable it is.

WIN : WIN
You should always RP, not just to get RPpoints.
If you receive one while RPing then that is incidental. It should not be the sole purpose of the reason that you are roleplaying.

You hear a lot of people saying that you have to be original in order to receive a RPP. That may be true but, in my opinion that is a bit crooked. You should just RP as you've always have done.

Stop to get more and more money, stop to go everywhere guns-blazing. Just go back a few steps, try to get a conversation with a random person. You will notice that the best experiences with roleplaying are in the simplest of situations. And that is more rewarding than a few pixels added behind your name.
People are more willing to go on with and join events/roleplays. It motivates them. That is a good thing. But just like in school, you cannot just go to school just to get a good job. No, it is also the journey you make, the friends you make and the amazing things you experience. Roleplay points are just like that. It is alright to roleplay for RPP, as long you are enjoying your journey.
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
The following 1 user Likes MrTreeGames's post:
  • Roachy
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with RP'ing for RPP's
Like, seriously, some people like to be rewarded or acknowledged for their hardwork sometimes
Yes, a reward and monetary based system isn't healthy but it is an incentive for more people to actively pursue passiveRP instead of just acting like 12 year olds
And personally, I think it's really rude when people act so high and mighty saying "You shouldn't RP for RPP's"; like, get over yourselves, its literally hurting nobody and your snobbery doesn't help anyone
If RPP's had more use then I could see a more negative side to it, but currently they don't have much use, so whats wrong with people wanting to make a little number by their name go up?
The following 2 users Like slicedhomos's post:
  • Decay, Greed^
I think RPP is a great system to get the newer players to try something different than the average rp. We should diffently keep it, with that said I can't recommend older players to just rp for points since its going ruining the immersion alot. Though you can't expect this kind of thinking from players who are new to roleplay.
People enjoy having goals, and satisfying those goals is 'fun', I see nothing wrong with roleplaying for points, if you
like scheming out complex and indepth roleplays with the overalll intent of receiving a reward for your hard work, that
is alright. But on the other hand, if your end-game intent is to use all those points to have a social hierarchy over others
without then you misunderstand the purpose of points.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 1 user Likes dig's post:
  • Greed^