Poll: What is your opinion on RPing for RP points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good/It is alright to do it
65.91%
29 65.91%
Bad/You shouldn't do it
34.09%
15 34.09%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[DEBATE] RP for RP Points, Good or Bad?
(07-06-2015, 12:31 PM)Mustang Wrote: I'll admit at my early hours all I wanted was that first point, after I got it I thought ' why am I doing this for points? This is actually pretty enjoyable, I'll just do it instead of actually doing it for a point.' Now I just RP because, well now it's a big hobby of mine and it's something I enjoy doing a lot, and that will show in my 1.6k + hours and my amount of RPPs I've gained just by RPing because I enjoy it. They more you enjoy it the better you'll get at it.

^^^^^^
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:71802224&b=13]
Pinky still ask me for RPPs :c
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Decay's post:
  • Alfred
Eh its not that bad, if you want an RPP just RP, but like Preditors signature:
[Image: GbhEwgI.png?1]
[Image: alfred.png]
The following 1 user Likes Alfred's post:
  • MacTavish
the points are pointless (hehe, pun) really. i mean sure, they give you stuff - but also risks to ruin your experience when RPing cuz you're so restricted. i think you should be able to automatically get some rp points, at least in the beginning, like some sorts of completion points - so perhaps 3-4 and then on harder level, like EARNING (not donating) $500,000 and you'd get a point etc. would add some goals to the rp character developing too, but meh.

im fine with my 31 points, which i all earned when i became a high-hourer..
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 3 users Like Floodify's post:
  • mgdwszx, MacTavish, Benporium
In ways points should restrict items but other things I don't think such as the gas mask, it should be a high price buyable item whereas the bus, I don't wanna see a minge driving a bus, those things are like little weaker than the SWAT van. With the SWAT van I don't understand why you have to pay 100k and have 5 rpps? The SWAT heavy suit and blindfolds should be restricted till you get certain amount of point because the heavy suit makes you more armoured and the blindfolds make you not see...
[Image: alfred.png]
How 2 Get Point 101 for Admun

give urself points when nobody are looking!!!!111 stupid tracking system.

1. roleplay with much admuns
  2. give point to much admuns
  3. receive IOU points in return

The following 2 users Like Safira's post:
  • MacTavish, MegaOmega
I wouldn't say its "Bad" to do,but i just wouldn't advise it. I was roleplaying for points and after my fifth i got really damn bored of it. Its not like you can get banned for roleplaying for rpps (Why do i feel like im really wrong on this one?)
I got an RPP for Sexual Health Clinic RP, some other guy got an RPP for 'SnakeRP'

Personally I think the system is flawed, and people aren't getting the recognition they deserve. (Most don't even care.) I guess it's all down to how unique/interesting your roleplay is, and if there's an admin on not responding to 9001 @ calls.

But as stated previously, RP because it's fun. Not because you want a virtual point.
The following 5 users Like Roachy's post:
  • DVN, Benporium, Davidson, MegaOmega, Alfred
The current system for distributing points is flawed as it involves a person to issue them.

Points should be distributed automatically for things such as:

Fireman put out X amount of fires in X time
Paramedics healed X amount of players in X time
Police issued X amount of successful warrants in X time

"in X time" could be something like 'put out 5 fires every day for 5 days straight'.
^ To prevent abuse.

That way you automatically receive Role-Play Points for doing Role-Play.

Why?
Because you can only get certain items now for RP points, and when no one is giving them out, players can never get the items.

Atm you probably get RP points for being friends with an admin and stopping at a red light.
*Admins there like*... oh nice role play there buddy, have a point Wink

-edit-
The automation of RP points should also require you to have a certain amount of game time before you start receiving points automatically.
(ie)
Start issuing points automatically once player has reached X amount of days (IG Time) play time.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:68652272&b=16]
its good to roleplay but when admins dont hand them out its really difficult people are rping all day and they dont get even a look from a admin its a waste of time but its good fun if you are doing a big rp