Poll: What is your opinion on RPing for RP points?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Good/It is alright to do it
65.91%
29 65.91%
Bad/You shouldn't do it
34.09%
15 34.09%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[DEBATE] RP for RP Points, Good or Bad?
I just want points to unlock cool stuff

other than that, frankly speaking, I hate roleplaying.
The following 1 user Likes Jericho's post:
  • Haarek
It doesn't matter to be honest, if you're role playing and not being a minge, you're already doing pretty good.
Role play for points, role play for fun. Why not both? Is a RP server.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
The following 3 users Like SirCrow's post:
  • James_Gaff, Nexus, Benporium
To be honest, my mindset whilst setting up a passive RP and during was all about the RPP. Looks nice on the tab menu, bragging rights to some extent and rewards.
I have mixed views on this subject. But here are all my points, ordered in a list, because professionalism and it looks swanky.
  • Roleplaying for the points - advantages
Roleplaying for the points is a good thing in some respects. For example, Admins are more likely to notice you when you're in a shop RPing as something like that for the points rather than just being a bog-standard Police Officer, and not really expecting any points.
  • Roleplaying for the points - disadvantages
Roleplaying for the points is boring. Like seriously. You're sat in a shop for 6 hours and you receive a point. Worth it? Sure, in your eyes maybe. I also think that Roleplay is lost through sitting in a shop. Even though, you use a lot of /me or /it, it doesn't really add to the Roleplay and that some of the best RP I've seen that is most worthy of Roleplay points has been through Government RP etc., even when it is not awarded through Roleplay points.
  • Not roleplaying for the points - advantages
When you don't Roleplay for the points and you get a point unexpectedly as a Paramedic, then I believe you cherish and think you deserved that point a lot more as opposed to when you did when sitting in a shop for 6 hours. Roleplaying in the Government, be it as: Paramedic, Fireman or even SWAT. Is a lot more advanced and varied rather than /me puts cash in register, /me gives change *act wave*. It requires a lot of thinking as every situation is different when in a shop it rarely changes, except for the items they are buying.
  • Not roleplaying for the points - disadvantages
Admins will not notice you as much when doing a semi-aggressive/aggressive RP unless the admin themselves is neutral or prefers aggressive RP as opposed to Passive RP, for example, General Rickets is one of the admins that prefers, and plays a lot of aggressive RP and is more likely to notice you for doing that. Not roleplaying for the points is also bad when you see others in the same team get points but you do not and you wonder to what you did wrong.
  • How to receive Roleplay Points (in my eyes)
Receiving Roleplay points is a hard thing to do on Fearless. Somehow I have knocked up 16 of them, thus far, in 1008 hours. That's one Roleplay Point every 63 hours of play time. 9 from Passive RPs, 7 from Events (includes some passive ones) and 4 from Aggressive RPs (includes some events). When you get the knack of it, get some reputation on the servers and forums. Befriend some people, Roleplaying with a group is also good. Roleplaying by yourself can sometimes be boring. Get on the FL TS! The TS is an amazing tool for making friends! Ask to join a channel with some people in it. Even ask admins, I'm sure they'll let you in unless they have a good reason not to, they're players too! Events are also a good Roleplay experience. They give you the chance to work with a group, by yourself or with everyone. It just depends on the event. If you want any more tips, add me on Steam or talk to me on TS.
  • My thoughts on Roleplay Points themselves
Roleplay Points are a good thing. Some people do get them when you think they shouldn't, some people don't get them when you think they should. That's life. Don't complain in OOC when people do/don't. They are an incentive to get people to Roleplay more. That's good! When I got my first Roleplay Point I was buzzing! Then when you get to 5 and you simultaneously play as Chauffeur for the next 5 days. Then you get to 10 and you wear the gas mask 24/7. Even when you're Roleplaying as a Lollypop Man (Brynn!!!) Roleplay Points give you bragging rights, even though I despise of people pulling rank and saying "I've got more than you lol". Don't be rude. They give you more chances to do more things, clans, events etc. They even get you a better chance of being Mod/Teacher and make you noticed within the Staff Team.

TLDR: Read the bold for the keypoints.

NOTE: That took me so long to write. I'm pretty sure it's longer than most of my clan threads. Fuck me sideways.
The following 7 users Like Suarez's post:
  • Davidson, MegaOmega, James_Gaff, Nexus, Benporium, GRiiM, Cunix
(07-06-2015, 03:22 PM)Suarez Wrote: I have mixed views on this subject. But here are all my points, ordered in a list, because professionalism and it looks swanky.

Roleplaying for the points is a good thing in some respects. For example, Admins are more likely to notice you when you're in a shop RPing as something like that for the points rather than just being a bog-standard Police Officer, and not really expecting any points.
Roleplaying for the points is boring. Like seriously. You're sat in a shop for 6 hours and you receive a point. Worth it? Sure, in your eyes maybe. I also think that Roleplay is lost through sitting in a shop. Even though, you use a lot of /me or /it, it doesn't really add to the Roleplay and that some of the best RP I've seen that is most worthy of Roleplay points has been through Government RP etc., even when it is not awarded through Roleplay points.
When you don't Roleplay for the points and you get a point unexpectedly as a Paramedic, then I believe you cherish and think you deserved that point a lot more as opposed to when you did when sitting in a shop for 6 hours. Roleplaying in the Government, be it as: Paramedic, Fireman or even SWAT. Is a lot more advanced and varied rather than /me puts cash in register, /me gives change *act wave*. It requires a lot of thinking as every situation is different when in a shop it rarely changes, except for the items they are buying.
Admins will not notice you as much when doing a semi-aggressive/aggressive RP unless the admin themselves is neutral or prefers aggressive RP as opposed to Passive RP, for example, General Rickets is one of the admins that prefers, and plays a lot of aggressive RP and is more likely to notice you for doing that. Not roleplaying for the points is also bad when you see others in the same team get points but you do not and you wonder to what you did wrong.
Receiving Roleplay points is a hard thing to do on Fearless. Somehow I have knocked up 16 of them, thus far, in 1008 hours. That's one Roleplay Point every 63 hours of play time. 9 from Passive RPs, 7 from Events (includes some passive ones) and 4 from Aggressive RPs (includes some events). When you get the knack of it, get some reputation on the servers and forums. Befriend some people, Roleplaying with a group is also good. Roleplaying by yourself can sometimes be boring. Get on the FL TS! The TS is an amazing tool for making friends! Ask to join a channel with some people in it. Even ask admins, I'm sure they'll let you in unless they have a good reason not to, they're players too! Events are also a good Roleplay experience. They give you the chance to work with a group, by yourself or with everyone. It just depends on the event. If you want any more tips, add me on Steam or talk to me on TS.
Roleplay Points are a good thing. Some people do get them when you think they shouldn't, some people don't get them when you think they should. That's life. Don't complain in OOC when people do/don't. They are an incentive to get people to Roleplay more. That's good! When I got my first Roleplay Point I was buzzing! Then when you get to 5 and you simultaneously play as Chauffeur for the next 5 days. Then you get to 10 and you wear the gas mask 24/7. Even when you're Roleplaying as a Lollypop Man (Brynn!!!) Roleplay Points give you bragging rights, even though I despise of people pulling rank and saying "I've got more than you lol". Don't be rude. They give you more chances to do more things, clans, events etc. They even get you a better chance of being Mod/Teacher and make you noticed within the Staff Team.

NOTE: That took me so long to write. I'm pretty sure it's longer than most of my clan threads.

I'm very impressed by the effort you put into this, Suarez. Hope to see more of that in the future. Also I agree. 
The following 3 users Like Davidson's post:
  • Suarez, MegaOmega, Benporium
Frankly, I don't give a shit why you roleplay, as long as you roleplay properly and don't run around breaking the rules.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 5 users Like equal's post:
  • MegaOmega, Ducky_, General Rickets, Benporium, Tmdirtbike
(07-06-2015, 03:22 PM)Suarez Wrote: I have mixed views on this subject. But here are all my points, ordered in a list, because professionalism and it looks swanky.
NOTE: That took me so long to write. I'm pretty sure it's longer than most of my clan threads. Fuck me sideways.
I'm loving the post Suarez! Lots of great advice for new people!
Guys, keep the responses coming in! So far it is 63.64% to Good and 36.36% to Bad!
The following 1 user Likes MegaOmega's post:
  • Suarez
can u guys rp wit me i ned admun to see my rp so we can get pints?!?! : )

On-topic: I know when people RP for points, and quite frankly it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't use RP points as your incentive to roleplay, however it's no lie it's a good motivator. Either way, I give roleplay points to people who I think have made their RP stand out and they have performed it exceptionally well, be it if they did so to get points, or just purely have fun RPing. 

Since I've become staff here I've gained another 9 or so points on top of the 10 I already have, and those were just from RPs me and a few mates decided would look really good and people would love to attend and enjoy. We spend hours of our free time preparing these RPs, without even caring for points since we were more hooked into making our RP look as good as possible, and eventually when we set it up, we usually got points for them anyway. rip club barry 2k15
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 4 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Suarez, MegaOmega, Benporium, Davidson
People state that they do it even if people are having fun, I don't really see that. People must be very passive and get noticed, obviously nobody will be given one instantly, but people do have mixed opinions and get generally annoyed because of the system. But then you see people who have ridiculous amounts and still gain more when you may be doing the same thing.
It is a fantastic system which people don't really understand. They constantly ask questions about why they aren't getting roleplay points as I have saw today after playing for multiple hours.
I have also mixed opinions, the system is great and the whole motivational idea is fantastic for people to roleplay. But in my general opinion, even though this is motivational, I don't really think that people enjoy generally roleplaying for points. People don't want to sit there for six hours and roleplay and receive a point. People just want to be able to roleplay doing something they want and be rewarded, which doesn't really happen to be honest.
An example is passiverp nights, I see some amazing stuff from the start until the end and they don't get recognized and obviously not everyone will, but this is the problem and this is why people are finding it super boring to roleplay.
Summary: Good system, but isn't used to the best of its ability, you can get some great stuff with it and this is why people want the points. People see having them will make you stand out more and will bring in more people who will want to possibly roleplay with you and from my observant ways, this seems to be a true matter(In my opinion)
Source: Lots of this information has been gathered from members of the community who answered some questions and their names shall not be disclaimed.
I have another opinion which I'd rather not share as it would start a flame war so feel free to PM me if you really would like to know a super personal opinion(This opinion has be back-up by multiple sources)

It has good and bad points
Ex-Server Teacher
RP is RP; no matter the intentions.