Jordy Unban Request - A mistake from me.
Your name: [FL:RP] Jordy

Your ban ID: 63027

Banned by: [FL] Ikaros

Reason: Powergaming.

Involved: Wood, Blurr, Basic, Voluptious, [FL] Obay, Suarez, iac (provided me with video evidence and watching)

Why we should unban you:

What happened at first?

Wood and others including me had been working on the new SWAT Van all day so we could get it live by today. I then connected to v33x after been told by Wood so we could go SWAT and show the server the new addition.

Being first in the server I changed job to SWAT Sergeant so I could prepare for it. As the server filled up, two people who were with me previously got the SWAT job along with Brennan at the start. Having more people who were joining to help us present the new update to the server, I demoted Brennan so one of our helpers could get the job. I only demoted him after asking Wood if it is allowed. Wood said and I quote “I am not sure, although I have seen admins do it before”. Obviously hearing a developer say that he has seen admins do it before will influence me to do it as he has earned the role and knows more of the rules than an average member like me.

Powergaming is explained in the rules section like this:
[Image: ZeRhlOoshNCgRHX6YInHpsEnyrIRlERF2sWLH2pI...b4Rzsj3BGY]
Basically this does not inform me specifically in this section that demoting a player for that reason is powergaming.

I have also gathered valid proof and I quote being told I was not getting banned by Obay.

Obay said “You’re not getting banned, you’re not getting blacklisted, I just don’t want you demoting people just because they’re not your friends.”

I then said to him “It was my mistake I thought you could demote for that reason but obviously not anymore.” Due to this not being in the F1 menu, rules section I was clearly unaware that this is not allowed.

The video which proves all this is below and clearly shows Obay letting me off with a warning as he says “I don’t want to see this happening again”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saIy_mzQk1M&feature=youtu.be

Following on from this I am very sorry for this and have some extra information to go along with this which is not directly about this certain issue however it is the same senerio.

[Image: 9fxGXGCyDzEDE09YYLEAPOfKv044x-s2d6sSGYJ2...lZU9uJvazA]

[Image: M8CHx61oyGwBHj-OPiUttCygHfZHGBVAaD1OD0eC...EyhoGx1gBw]

[Image: A4a1kP3.png]

[Image: kGZhQsGN037e70azuuPHAb-pC7og_SWsBw4Yzz8R...Y1rjRC72cI]
Can a Norwegian admin translate this?
[Image: MKa1Gn2YBhf33aXbXsJi1AUGreH8d2-Gswtkh8kv...YcQghyQ4l8]

Kinds Regards
Jordy
Community Member
First image:
Enzyme: "We do not want people to demote people without a good enough IC reason, and if they have not done anything that warrants an IC demotion"

2nd Image:
Me: "Can you say why you banned Jordy when Obay said "Il let you off with a warning" (Ignore the things in the parenthesees)
Ikaros: "Because Obay did not inform me when I asked in @"

--

I have been demoted from police before, when I asked an admin about this they said "They can demote if they find a more suitable replace".
Thats all im going to say, just stating my personal experiences regarding the topic at hand. 
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
I can confirm I did say “I am not sure, although I have seen admins do it before”. Even though I'm not in a position to approve/disapprove anything as I'm not in the position to enforce rules, he would of course still trust my say slightly more than a normal player. I suppose this could have influenced his decisions in the end.

I have indeed seen admins do this in the past before though, demoting people so their friends can take the role but just saying "we have someone more experienced" or "lack of experience" then their friend takes the role. I honestly can't see why this had to be escalated to a ban after Obay let Jordy off with a warning.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I've seen many admins in the past do this. I shan't name names, but I've been demoted for this very reason many, many times by staff and players alike. We assumed, seeing as admin's do it often, that we were able to do it ourselves and that it was not explicitly highlighted in the rules. Actually, I even remember Jordy saying in TS before he demoted Brennan "Are you sure this is allowed?" and one of us replied "Yeah, I'm pretty sure it is, I've seen admins do it before". As far as I can tell, Jordy is completely innocent.
~Involved

I can confirm all of this.
Also, it has happened to me, no admin responded. Oh, wait, that is because it is the Admin who demoted me. It mainly happens when I am a Corleone or Police officer. The reason for them demoting me is just so their friend can join. However, I did not post a BR as it is nothing big and something simple to get over.
The players mainly use Admins as our role-models, having them demoting people like me so their friends can join the team will make us think that we can also do it.
Community Retard
Was I annoying? REP me
[Image: tnatDq3.jpg]
Involved - Was demoted

What happened was that when the server restarted Jordy went SWAT Sergeant. A few other SWAT including myself spawned, by the time it took the other SWAT to exit the nexus we had all been demoted, and replaced by Jordy's friends. There was no IC reason for the demote, not a single word spoken from Jordy to any of the SWAT. All replaced for the people that Jordy wanted to play with.
Brennan, I don't see why you're getting this stressed over something that you and your "friends" have done to other people. I'm constantly seeing people demoted by you and your "gang" so that you can play together, be it as SWAT or Corleones etc.
Involved:

In the past I have experienced staff members or their friends that they are playing with demote me. 
This is not clearly stated in the rules and it was just a mistake from Jordy, Wood may have influence him and it was just a misunderstanding. 
I think it was very odd how Obay say he was not here to ban/punish Jordy, but then a few minutes after Obay gave Jordy a warning and it was all over. Decay comes and talks to Jordy and he receives a bad after Obay has given a warning.
Right I've removed the posts that I believe or not directly involved with the situation.

Only post if you on this thread if you were a witness, involved or similar. Do not post just because you talked about it on TeamSpeak.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
Involved as I provided the evidence 

I've seen and been demoted numerous times by admins to allow higher houred players or their friends join the team.
This influences people on the server to do the same as they see a admin has done it and they think it is an appropriate reason to do so.