Vice President job added
I'm looking into the one or two bugs that've been reported.

The reason all laws get removed if pres leaves is simply because the pres is still in charge of the government, but this can change easily enough.

The VP does get tax pay, but for some reason the HUD bug shows 0; I'll have to check this, but it's non-critical.

There has been a suggestion about letting the Pres choose the VP; this has some merit and would be easy enough, but we have to think about abuse, especially when this system may be combined with letting the VP automatically get President when the Pres dies. It's really abusable imo; a single clan could take both jobs, and then base them separately. It'd be an almost indestructible dictatorship, with both power sources being kept in separate bases, so that it's impossible to take them out both at the same time, especially with the advantage of a private security force and SWAT.
Taxes HUD bug has been fixed.
Maybe restrict the ability of the VP to set taxes. When I became president earlier today my VP immediately set taxes to 20 without consulting me.

But awesome update! Nice to see a new job added!
(07-02-2015, 04:50 AM)thehitman56 Wrote: Maybe restrict the ability of the VP to set taxes. When I became president earlier today my VP immediately set taxes to 20 without consulting me.

But awesome update! Nice to see a new job added!

Then demote him for it. :-) no need of putting restrictions.
We'll have to see how it goes. The problem with putting arbitrary restrictions is that it harms the roleplay potential of the President and VP working in harmony. Perhaps you want your VP to be a military general in a dictatorship, so while you enjoy most of the luxury and work in the court, he's running the SWAT/private security and doing all lockdowns. Maybe you want a really good economics minister RP, in which case your VP would handle all taxes, and so on. We gave the President the ability to /demote for a reason.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Davidson, Benporium
In my opinion, the Vice President job should have the same abilities as it does now, however, I believe that the President should be able to choose whether he or she wants there to be one at all. In layman's terms: the president should have the ability to make the Vice President slot available or unavailable.

If we go further, a permission system in the form of a little menu would be fantastic. Presenting such options as:
  • Control whether the Vice President can exist;
  • Control whether the Vice President can set taxes;
  • Control whether the Vice President can accept warrants;
  • Control whether the Vice President can broadcast;
  • +Any other additional options.
Obviously, the president would have to have a reason to put up these options and a limit of how often they can be changed should be put in place. However, I feel like we should not be forcing a Vice President on them.

By all means, allow Vice President by default, but having the option to NOT have one would be great.
The following 5 users Like Avgar's post:
  • Kippsee, Nexus, slicedhomos, James_Gaff, GeorgeTheBoy
(07-02-2015, 04:44 PM)Avgar Wrote: In my opinion, the Vice President job should have the same abilities as it does now, however, I believe that the President should be able to choose whether he or she wants there to be one at all. In layman's terms: the president should have the ability to make the Vice President slot available or unavailable.

If we go further, a permission system in the form of a little menu would be fantastic. Presenting such options as:
  • Control whether the Vice President can exist;
  • Control whether the Vice President can set taxes;
  • Control whether the Vice President can accept warrants;
  • Control whether the Vice President can broadcast;
  • +Any other additional options.
Obviously, the president would have to have a reason to put up these options and a limit of how often they can be changed should be put in place. However, I feel like we should not be forcing a Vice President on them.

By all means, allow Vice President by default, but having the option to NOT have one would be great.

For the first point I think it should be available by default (if that isn't what you already mean) but you should be able to disable it, otherwise some newer people may never enable it when there could have been a Vice President that could have helped them.