Car crashes generate items
There is now a chance that a car crashing will generate and spawn a couple of crafting items, RP-wise damaged car parts. The chances differ for each of the three items (scrap metal, scrap electronics, and spare parts), with scrap metal being the most abundant. This provides the first of many methods for players to get these crafting resources passively, rather than only through theft. Obviously, some people may minge and crash their cars multiple times, but then you have to pay for repairs, too. If it gets too bad I'll make it so no car can generate any items more than once per hour, but hopefully that won't be necessary. Let me know your thoughts on this.
The following 3 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Nyander, Burnett, Benporium
Im already feeling like a noob on the servers, having to ask a lot in OOC. Not complaining though, im loving these updates!

Keep em coming Wink
The following 3 users Like Baskingner's post:
  • GRiiM, MacTavish, Benporium
Time to stand around the well known crash spots!
Can I suggest that stolen cars have a lesser chances or generating these items, or something along that route. I can just imagine people stealing cars just to crash them,now.

Seems cool, though
A more fitting signature. 
This is a really cool idea, my only concern is exactly what Mustang has said. When someone crashes a car, they would want to get out, Check the damages and pick up the "pieces of their car". This would help them repair it. But how do we account for many people running towards car crashes and just grabbing the parts. This seems like it could really ruin someone's experience or the atmosphere itself
(06-28-2015, 05:54 PM)Rolorox Wrote: This is a really cool idea, my only concern is exactly what Mustang has said. When someone crashes a car, they would want to get out, Check the damages and pick up the "pieces of their car". This would help them repair it. But how do we account for many people running towards car crashes and just grabbing the parts. This seems like it could really ruin someone's experience or the atmosphere itself
I was testing this with Faustie and we only added it on complete crashes (those with fires), so this shouldnt be a problem since the original owner of the car is going to be under NLR.
(I lost count on how many mustangs I crashed while he made this)

(06-28-2015, 05:52 PM)Jono Wrote: Can I suggest that stolen cars have a lesser chances or generating these items, or something along that route. I can just imagine people stealing cars just to crash them,now.

Seems cool, though

As I said above you need to crash them down to the same level as a fire, so surviving it would be difficult for the average minge, so I dont think thats gonna be a problem in the long run.
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Instead of items droping, why dont you only let the owner of the car hold E with his hands for 30 seconds and then get a random amount of stuff you said?
I've halved the chanced of items generating while I think of how to limit the possibilities for abuse here. There are a couple of options...

1: Similar to the theft system, one car can only generate items every 30 minutes, so farm-crashing is pointless.
2: We combine this system, but take it down to 15 minutes, BUT the car doesn't drop items; instead, once a car fire has been put out, a fireman can hit it with his axe and possibly collect a car part. This would give firemen something to do once they've put out the fire.
3: None of these, but very, very low chances of item generation.
I'd prefer the low chance of item generation, personally.

Make said items more valuable, and makes farming car crashes A: More easily to see who's abusing it
and B, a waste of time, as there's other options, such as fishing, which would reward your time more effeciently, in terms of money making.
A more fitting signature. 
Oh my f*ck! The updates are real! Cheese

Who needs the "Red alert" update Wink

Now for the mechanic job *cough*