David C. - Unban Request
Your name: David C.

Your ban ID: 62474

Banned by: [FL] Ikaros

Reason: trying to hostage a Sec guard in the nexys lobby because the laws was to '' hard '' then trying to stab me

Involved: Several whose names I don't completely remember

Why we should unban you: The president had created a huge list of laws, structured like a real life constitution with more than a hundred rows of text, that several other players complained was too long even for the police to understand what laws to enforce. Playing as a Rebel, I decided to live up to my name and convince the president to replace his onerous laws with simpler ones, so I stepped inside the Nexus with a knife and went behind the only security guard there, telling the president that I only wanted to talk, but that unless he agreed to simplify his laws, I would attack the guard. When the president adamantly refused like he didn't care, I started hitting the guard, but before I could kill him, a couple of bystander Citizens started attacking me with props. I ran around for a few seconds trying to either escape or hit whoever I could among my attackers, until I was suspended in the air with props and gunned down with an SMG by [FL] Ikaros. I was then immediately banned for a day, a very short amount of time, but still one I am unsure I deserved given the circumstances. I understand it's possible I broke 14.2c ("You cannot raid the President because you do not like certain laws, unless they drastically impact your character"). However, I felt that no one on the server was able to follow any of the numerous restrictive laws, therefore potentially making my raid allowed under "Reasons for raid/criminal activity", especially because I completely role-played until the president categorically said no (with him perhaps breaking FearRP a little and making it impossible for me to make a peaceful exit), and also because I was killed in an unrealistic and non-RP way (suspended in the air with props before being gunned down and banned).
You were standing still inside the nexus lobby with a knife, ordering the president to change the laws, as this clearly is failRP Dr. Internet (president at the time) called me over, I was phased and watch you for a while then you sarted to stab the security guard. I picked you up and you continued to stab me.

You being lazy and not reading the laws dosent give you the right to go INSIDE the lobby filled with people with a knife and hold a security guard at FearRP,

What you were doing was straight up failRP. So I see no reason to why you should be unbanned as the ban is 100% valid and legit
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
*Witness*

I was there from the time you came into the lobby till the time you were banned. Up until you deciding to start attacking the guard, your story is pretty much on point. I have to add in two pieces that aren't accurate.

1: The president was still working on an RP response, he merely made a comment about it in OOC if I remember correctly. I could go to either side with how much time is enough time, so I won't say were impatient, as seconds count when a hostage is involved.

2: Not one person in that room used any form of prop against you. You swung about 3 times give or take before I saw the red beam (admin grade physics gun, or world prop physgun for the gmod literate) grab you from either your left side or behind (hard to tell). You then attempted to move, which was that jerking sensation you experienced. Perhaps that is what you were trying to explain.

As for attacking your attackers, I dunno if anyone even was able to attack you. If memory serves, there was 1 cop, myself (secretary) and the president. That was it for the government team. We had one guest in the lobby, whom never left his chair from what I saw. The admin obviously had you held in the air, frozen in place. You continued to attack the admin. The admin backed away then returned to attack range, to which you continued to attack the admin. Admin then decided to execute you before banning you. Lets face it, you were going to be banned at that point either way, back in my day we used to throw people before banning.

That all being said, I believe the defendant is a newer player to the community and mistakes are easily made. I don't think anyone involved would mind if the ban were exchanged for a low hour weapons blacklist. I feel it would give this guy a chance to learn the gamemode, take it easy for a few hours (1-5hours). Honestly if you saw the shear amount of laws, you could understand that it's going to be hard for experienced people to understand them, much less the new guys. Just my two cents.
Jokhah do have a point here.

I will lift the ban and put you on a 4 hour weapon blacklist.

Take some time to read the rules as it benefits you and the rest of the community.

Approved.
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]