Poll: Did you find this guide helpful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
100.00%
9 100.00%
No. (Please state reason in comments)
0%
0 0%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Meta / Awaiting Update How to make a decent presidential rp.
Information 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShuxcPjoA04P1MxNFvTw3...IkjaE5UrJE]
Guide that deals with the basics of making a decent presidential rp. 
Laws: 
It's important to make the laws of EvoCity as quickly as possible, otherwise the rest of the government specifically the police force will not be able to function properly. The force needs to know your positions on Speeding Laws, Warrant Laws etc. so they can enforce them. 
Command for adding laws: /addlaw "Text"
How to delete your law: press F1, go to laws and press the red X to delete the law you want gone. (It's a good idea to let the public know that you have delete the law, since they don't get a notice for it)
Sidenote: Check out my other guide here, for normal presidential laws. 
Warrants:
Now you have laws that your government have to enforce. Unfortunately EvoCity is filled with crime and you will receive a warrant or two (just kidding, you will face 1000's of those motherf*ckers ). When you receive such warrant, you have three things to consider. 
  1. Is the warrant justified? For example: You get a warrant about a citizen who jaywalked, and the officer felt that the citizen deserved prison time. Does he really deserve prison time for it or should he instead just pay a fine? (It depends on your own law and views) 
  2. If you answered yes to step 1. How long should he serve in prison? For example: You have made the decision that jaywalk is a mortal sin and thus he should be punished with jail time. Shall he have 5 min, 10 min or 15 min. (Updated due to Wood's feedback)
  3. Could this warrant become a problem for you in the long run? For example: The Corleone have massive support and your own government in small, untrained etc. Maybe it's not the best time to allow a search warrant on the Corleone's, since they might raid and remove you from power. (Sidenote: Remember that you can be corrupt as long as it DOESN'T hurt the life's of citizens or government officials.)
How to accept or decline a warrant:  Every time you get a warrant, you will be able to see it in the downright corner of your screen. Press the key that makes you able to move your mouse around the screen (could also press TAB or some alike) and then press accept (green) or decline (red). If you press accept then you can choose how long you want the criminal in jail. 
Private Protection:
Being a president is not a safe job to have in EvoCity. Sometimes you're forced to make a decision, that makes certain people want to remove you from power. Therefore it's important to hire private security as your bodyguards, because the SWAT might not be there to protect you, if they have to respond to a certain situation. Good way to hire private security is to make a broadcast.
Command for broadcast: /broadcast "Text"
Nexus Security:
(Note before reading: You don't need to stay in the Nexus as president, though I highly recommend that you do since it's easier for the government to respond if something happens.)
Make sure that you have the elevator blocked and can only be access through a keypad, so people can't just run in without reason. 
Governmental Structure and Organisation:
You're the President of EvoCity, you're the commander in chief, the alpha dog and you will be hold responsible for the actions of your government... Thus it's important, that you structure your government.
Meet or PM the police sergeant, and instruct him to make the police force organised. This could be assigning the police force with partners so that's hard to take them hostages and alike. 
I recommend that you meet with the entire SWAT unit, to see if the SWAT Sergeant can organize his own team. Tell them what you expect them to do in a hostage situation, like do they do their best to comply with hostage taker or do they do their best to take the hostage taker down on the expense of the hostage. As a SWAT Sergeant, you would want to know this before you're put in a hostage situation. 
Sidenote: With all of this said, it's important to NOT micromanage the entire government, because that just going to leave you stressed and the rest of the government will be pissed at you. If you have to micromanage to keep the government going, then the Police Sergeant and/or the SWAT Sergeant, isn't doing their job and thus remove them and let a more suitable take over. Remember that it's polite to ask for them to resign first. 
Meet your people!
When you're not under siege by some rebels and alike, you should take the time to visit the passive rp shops around town. Shake a few hands, kiss a few baby's etc. (Warning: Don't stay in the open streets for long, it's to easy to get hit by a car, sniper bullet and alike.)
Make a few broadcast once in the while to let the public know what your government are doing. Have your SWAT team just taken care of an entire rebel base, well give them some credit in a broadcast and let the public know that you're doing something for the people. 
Also accept meetings from your own citizens, if you have the time. A president can really help make a great RP event happend, just make sure that you have a secretary that can denied the crazy ones since they are a waste of time. (Unless it's me of course.)
Taxes: (Updated due to Freezak's feedback)
You can use taxes in various ways. It can be used to punish or reward your citizens. Example when there is high crime, you can set taxes to 20%. It's not recommended to raises taxes without a good reason as it will anger some citizens. (though it's not against the rules and you can NOT be raided due to it.) You can also use taxes to raise money for a certain project like a good public transport system or private police force. Note: various of ways to use the tax system to expand your own presidential rp.
Customize your presidential rp. (Suggested by Diggy)
By use /job you have the opportunity to let people know what kind of government rp you want to do. Do you wish to make a communist rule, well then /job General Secretary may be just for you. Do you wish to be a modern tribeleader? A Freedom loving libertarian? The possibilitis are endless only your imagination, perm laws and servers rules sets the limit. (Like you need admins permission to do a tolitarian government rp)
Quick commands of being a president:
/addlaw "Text"
/broadcast "Text"
/tax 15
/unwarrant "ID"
The following 2 users Like Davidson's post:
  • dig, GRiiM
Can't remember if there are any other guides regarding the President job, anyways it's well made, could've spent some time on expanding your TAX section, because there are plenty of decent tax-related roleplays, and overall by implementing such a roleplay it can be crucial for that job.

Nevertheless well-made guide and i wish you nothing but more like this when you come back.
The following 1 user Likes Freezak's post:
  • Volimius
Customize your roleplays as president, no need to be a bland 'president', it's a blank slate in which you can paint on.
Want to be the Arch-Duke of Evocity? be it! Customize the president job to fit your roleplay.
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
Good guide Davidson, no criticisms other than what's already been said!
(07-03-2015, 06:33 PM)Freezak Wrote: Can't remember if there are any other guides regarding the President job, anyways it's well made, could've spent some time on expanding your TAX section, because there are plenty of decent tax-related roleplays, and overall by implementing such a roleplay it can be crucial for that job.
Nevertheless well-made guide and i wish you nothing but more like this when you come back.
Agreed Freezak, I had forgotten taxes as a role playing mechanic. I have updated it, if there is more you think should be changed feel free to send me a pm or comment. Thanks for you suggestions.
(07-03-2015, 06:39 PM)Diggy Wrote: Customize your roleplays as president, no need to be a bland 'president', it's a blank slate in which you can paint on.
Want to be the Arch-Duke of Evocity? be it! Customize the president job to fit your roleplay.
Indeed, I have changed to title to fit a broader presidential rp and made a Customize section. Same with Freezak feel free to send a pm or comment if you have any other suggestions and thanks for the help.
You no longer need a jail guard do you? or am I forgetting something
Kind Regards,
Wood.
(07-03-2015, 11:31 PM)Wood Wrote: You no longer need a jail guard do you? or am I forgetting something

Nope, you no longer need a jail guard for anytime.
(07-03-2015, 11:48 PM)Mustang Wrote:
(07-03-2015, 11:31 PM)Wood Wrote: You no longer need a jail guard do you? or am I forgetting something
Nope, you no longer need a jail guard for anytime.

Updated: Got a straight forward answer and I have edit the section. Thanks for the feedback Wood.
Nice Guide, more People should read these guides before doing a Job like being a "President".