My GTA V Video
Hey guys, been playing GTA V recently, and was intrigued by the director mode so I gave it a try Tounge

I really enjoyed it, especially the beginning and ending middle its a little bit messy though haha

What do you think? have you guys made any vids on the editor?

[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
The following 1 user Likes Barkles's post:
  • Brynn
Graphics so low it was like watching a Gmod video.
The following 1 user Likes Jan's post:
  • Barkles
Great man, looks interesting I think I'm gonna try this myself sometime. Good job for your first 'production' Wink
The following 1 user Likes DVN's post:
  • Barkles
Awesome! I like how he had grey hair in the beginning and then jumped into the fountain of youth and then had black hair
(05-26-2015, 06:46 PM)Nevy Wrote: Awesome! I like how he had grey hair in the beginning and then jumped into the fountain of youth and then had black hair

that was just me, I made the last scene on another session so I forgot xD we'll just say the last past is a flashback
The player models movement and such looks really shit in this video lmao. I don't know if it's due to some setting or if it's just GTA V, but it looks like Gmod Posing.

Anyway, nice angles n' shit. A bit annoying editing with the angles at some point, didn't work together (180 angle rule etc) and how you zoomed out using another clip with a hard transition. But yeha
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Barkles
I love the fact you play a patriotic, iconic American song whilst a criminal is running around brutally murdering people
The following 1 user Likes Matrix_'s post:
  • Barkles
(05-26-2015, 07:28 PM)Floodify Wrote: The player models movement and such looks really shit in this video lmao. I don't know if it's due to some setting or if it's just GTA V, but it looks like Gmod Posing.

Anyway, nice angles n' shit. A bit annoying editing with the angles at some point, didn't work together (180 angle rule etc) and how you zoomed out using another clip with a hard transition. But yeha

have you got any specific parts you could reference, im gonna make another one with with what ive learnt from this one Cheese

thanks for the feedback!
(05-26-2015, 07:37 PM)Barkles Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 07:28 PM)Floodify Wrote: The player models movement and such looks really shit in this video lmao. I don't know if it's due to some setting or if it's just GTA V, but it looks like Gmod Posing.

have you got any specific parts you could reference, im gonna make another one with with what ive learnt from this one Cheese

thanks for the feedback!

Well the police car turning around is an example of 180 degree rule - you can't go from IE right side then directly to left side without having some angle in the middle signalling that you're bout to move side, otherwise it would look like you're going the opposite way.

[Image: 1158px-180_degree_rule.svg.png]

When the guy is inside the house he walks towards the camera, then you proceed to move the camera back and just cuts there, which looks weird.

You also should try have the camera a bit zoomed in, but having the object still in the lens. Doesn't look so distorted. I'd also try to avoid too much close ups with the camera, unless it's for making the character show certain feeling (doubt, sadness, happiness, angry). Too much makes it overused and in my opinion you simply stop to care too much about the expressions as they're so repetitive.

Try to check some video rules, and it'll make it better. I'm a guy that likes slow yet move-able angles, rather than fast ones. Same with editing, I rather prefer edits where the composition is slightly slow (in right situations ofc) but yet not so dull.

It's an art! - You gotta practice
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Jono
thanks mate, that's really useful Cheese im definatly gonna try and practice this Cheese