Rules overhaul (IMPORTANT)
(05-24-2015, 08:54 PM)Rolorox Wrote: Also everyone needs to stop saying that allowing racism/sexism is against freedom of speech. Racism and sexism was built from freedom of speech, not allowing it is disregarding freedom of speech. If you made racism, sexism, guns, swearing anything offensive illegal. Someone would still do it, because it is their right and they believe what they are saying. I think its foolish, weak and cowardly to say such things. But people will say it none the less.

Certainly in the UK, it is illegal to be racist and sexist, take a look here.
https://www.gov.uk/discrimination-your-r...rimination
In the US, idk, but here, it is.
I find it ironic conbob, how you hate racists and people like them  so much, you have become just as hatefull and illogical as them, thus becomeing exactly like them.

You refuse to see their side, refuse to hear them out, refuse to understand why someone may he why they are and understand it, not agree with it but understand why someone would be that way.

You throw them to the side and declare that they dont matter because of how they think, and they they should be cast out from socieity, exactly what they wish to do to the people they do not agree with.

I dont agree with racism, sexism and the like, but I see why those people are they way they are, and rather than hate them, i pitty them and hope they eventualy change
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 7 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Obay, Preditor, Suarez, Stitch, Zecon, Nihl, Faustie
I don't see any problems with allowing any of the things that have been allowed, there is nobody AT ALL telling you to go and use it, not one single person has told you that because it's allowed, means you should do it, but yet every single one of you think there is. It is only an OPTION to use it, nobody is telling you to use it therefor you DO'NT have to use it. If you find someone saying it excessively, report it. If you don't like what they're saying and it somehow offends you even though this is a game and it is to be said In-Character so it means fuck all outside of the roleplaying world, ask them to give it a rest and respect you a little, if they fail to do so, then just deal with it, because after all it means nothing out of character.

TL; DR It's there as an OPTION it's not a necessity, stop crying, nobody is telling you to use it or promoting it.
(05-24-2015, 08:59 PM)TheTiger Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 08:54 PM)Rolorox Wrote: Also everyone needs to stop saying that allowing racism/sexism is against freedom of speech. Racism and sexism was built from freedom of speech, not allowing it is disregarding freedom of speech. If you made racism, sexism, guns, swearing anything offensive illegal. Someone would still do it, because it is their right and they believe what they are saying. I think its foolish, weak and cowardly to say such things. But people will say it none the less.

Certainly in the UK, it is illegal to be racist and sexist, take a look here.
https://www.gov.uk/discrimination-your-r...rimination
In the US, idk, but here, it is.

That doesn't say it's illegal to be racist and sexist in public. With that law, I could still walk around and discriminate people if I wanted. But, I can't do so as an employer, owning public services, etc. Read up more bud.
The following 2 users Like Venom's post:
  • Suarez, Nevy
Honestly Connbob get your fucking facts straight. I never said support racists. ITS A GAMEMODE ON GARRYS MOD WHERE YOURE ROLEPLAYING A CHARACTER. This isn't real life.

Edit: You play GTA where they go round n-word this n-word that but you're completely against it here. lol k
Just because you are allowed to be racist on a server in a roleplay manner, doesnt mean in real life you sit down and pray to the leader of the KKK. You are being very ignorant and just listening out for what you want to hear.
Connbob, if you'd cared to read, you'd know racism is only illegal in the UK when used in an aggressive manner. So you've got that one wrong.
Does this mean I'm allowed to have a cotton farm with black people as slaves and treating them like poop?
[Image: U6EJtzI.jpg]
Thanks DVN for the signature.
(05-24-2015, 08:54 PM)Rolorox Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 08:21 PM)Jan Wrote: Funny thing is, that you admins always seem to agree with the rules, when there were rules that were against racism you all agreed, and now that there are rules allowing racism you all agree too?

Seriously get your own opinion for once and stick with it, it's so pathetic.

That is because, and I think many of the staff will agree... Personally I hate racism and sexism, I never partake in it and I will continue to not do so. But for some people it enhances roleplay or their experience. I agreed that the community was mature enough to handle it and so far every time I have been on the server other than you people that use it excessively on purpose to prove some unnecessary point. I see it no more than usual. In my opinion terrorism roleplay shouldn't be allowed because its sick that people would want to roleplay something that actually harms people in a real way, not just hurts peoples feelings. But I agree that the option should be there for the best roleplay experience, so instead of trying to force my belief down everyone else's throats I allow them the opportunity to have the enjoyable roleplay experience they desire. I will just monitor it close to make sure that it doesn't offend anyone on an OOC level. But if you get offended in real life, for something someone says in a game. Then I feel bad sincerely, because you will never find a game or community that does not talk in these ways or treat people like this. Difference is we have control to make sure it isn't targeted or personal. No where else do you get that.

Also everyone needs to stop saying that allowing racism/sexism is against freedom of speech. Racism and sexism was built from freedom of speech, not allowing it is disregarding freedom of speech. If you made racism, sexism, guns, swearing anything offensive illegal. Someone would still do it, because it is their right and they believe what they are saying. I think its foolish, weak and cowardly to say such things. But people will say it none the less.

When you reply to a comment I made, I expect you to read it, never have I stated that I was against the rule.
On a positive note, I feel it's about time the rules were completely redone and spiced up a bit. I thank the many members of the staff team for making decisions on certain topics and rules and also many thanks to Soul and others who took a lot of time out of their day to completely re-write and format them. Good job guys! This has been a job that's needed to be done for a long time. People are bound to disagree on certain rules, it's happened for many of them. People have their own opinions and that's the way it's gonna be with everything.
 Zecon
not an Administrator
The following 6 users Like Zecon's post:
  • Wood, Suarez, Stitch, Preditor, Obay, jimmyboyo