How do you feel about the NEW weapons?
Well as people will probably know from my complaining on the thread, I did not like the update.

I simply think that gunplay on fearless is too realistic, and for me, at least when compared to the old system, that it is pretty boring.

As I've said before, I've put over 2 months of my life into playing on this server, the majority of which using the 'old' weapons. I immensly enjoyed using them, as I felt it did reward skill moreover anything else. (Although most of the weapons were unusable to use in Pvp.)

It's a hard one for me, really. I understand the staff point of view, making all weapons usable, allowing everyone to have a 'fair' chance, and making a more realistic system for an RP server.

But in my honest opinion, I'd rather have the old weapon system, in terms of damage, accuracy, Usable third person etc, with just the updated skins and sounds of the new pack. I dislike the attachment system, I find it a bit clunky, and it's way too complicated for a casual RP server like fearless. I detest the different types of ammo, I'd rather it be simplified. Realistic? Of course it is. Fun? No, it's a massive annoyance. It doesn't actually add content, and just adds to annoy the player. And I simply hate the new damage model. I was (As far as i'm aware) one shot the otherday, as SRU. I simply don't think that is fair, as it doesn't reward survivability at all. That is something which I have complained about in the other thread, so I won't divulge to much into it, but I personally liked the mass-using of healthkits and steroids, doing laps around your opponent etc. It was fun to me, and seemingly impressed even the newer to the community. (Often got whispers asking how I killed them etc, and lots of 'GGs'.

But as a summary, probably a bit dramatic, I feel as though PVP in it's 'old' sense is dead to the server. Granted there's more people using guns, more people getting kills, it just feels like it's more about luck/who shoots first.

*Note that this is the opinion of someone who's played hundreds of times more with the old system than the new one, and so would be natrually adverse to change. Also bear in mind this is my opinion, and I do recognize that some people just prefer the new system. I for one, recognize the amount of effort that went into it, but quite frankly it has made Fearless somewhat unplayable for me.*
A more fitting signature. 
The following 8 users Like Jono's post:
  • Jericho, Dauntless, , General Rickets, Decay, evilmat360, Nitrogue, livkx
I like them because now you don't laugh at the police officers standard weaponry, every gun is now 'dangerous'. No longer do i have to shoot someone 30 times with a Glock to kill them. I was only dissapointed by the fact that there is only one shotgun, would have loved a double barrel shotgun or a sawn-off. Also if im right, you used the weapons from FAS:2.0, because they had a beautiful TOZ 34 that i would have loved to have seen as a cheap alternative to the M3.

And im not sure who said it but you said, its more about who shoots first, but back before the update, it was just a case of who had a better weapon.
Same reason as Rickets and Jono for me.
I think actually, after putting a little more thought into it their a little too complicated. Unless I'm playing as SWAT I never bother to buy or use attachments as I find it more complicated, and sometimes the ammunition for each one can get a little frustrating, I always manage to use the wrong type.

None-the-less it was needed.
10/10 IGN "It's okay."
I have to agree with Jono, I liked the old weapons better and I absolutely hate the types of ammo.
[Image: tumblr_oq4diiJxBR1uo87guo1_500.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Decay's post:
  • Safira
You know, if it kills people I don't care what it is.
The following 2 users Like Venom's post:
  • Roachy, Benporium
(05-20-2015, 11:50 AM)Venom Wrote: You know, if it kills people I don't care what it is.

Venom has a point, guns are guns boys.

Could be worse, could be a permanent Passive event.
The following 2 users Like Roachy's post:
  • Benporium, Old Man Jokhah
I like that I can use iron sights now, and buy a sight if I want one. Damage isn't garbage, guns( From the players hands) are great looking.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
I don't like that I spend 2 hours of my life getting Toxic's shitload of ammo manufactured.

And then find out I spawned 20 boxes of the wrong type.

I haven't equipped a gun since the update. It's far too complicated for the likes of me, and if anything, it's encouraged players to become more aggressive. Because they can.

The following 5 users Like Safira's post:
  • Roachy, Jericho, Decay, Bowiii, evilmat360