How do you feel about the NEW weapons?
As we all know, we have recently had our weapon system completely overhauled. However, I'd like to know the communities opinion as to whether or not they think it was for the better or the worse.

In my opinion, this was quite a surprising change as it took place in a snap of a finger despite "new weapons" strictly being in the UNWANTED list. Sure it was nice to have a sudden change, but was this update actually for the better?

From my perspective after project hephaestus had been launched, FL has slightly lost its finesse from standing out from servers such as DarkRP. These weapon textures are pretty much in all the DarkRP servers and feels kinda mingey. By mingey i mean, these weapons have been buffed so much that before you could realise that you're being shot at youre straight up knocked out on the floor, dead.

Atleast back then when you're getting shot at you'll be able to glimpse at the persons name for least a few seconds in order to validate whether or not you've been rightfully killed and still back then you'd live long enough to be able to open fraps and record the event. But now, youre good as gone if youre caught up in a cross-fire.

Furthermore, it feels like COD with all these fancy unecessary attachments promoting aggressiveRP at its peak especially since guns are much more accessible due to its cheaper price.

but let me end this here as I may go on ranting for days. I'd like to hear your opinions.

What do you think?
Dunno really, haven't had much chance to test them out.
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
0/10, it is unneeded, bad looking, broken, and just terrible really. The server is becoming garage and admins/owner doesn't want to listen to anyone about their terrible changes. everyone wanted 100% refund on old guns, the admins said they were going "look into it" and that just disappeared. Nothing players say gets considered unless you suck admins balls 24/7. I have got warned for criticizing the server. Admin team is at an all time low. No opinions are aloud that go against admins. All admins say is "If you don't like it leave".

TL;DR poop
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 4 users Like ryan!'s post:
  • Jinkees!, , Old Man Jokhah, livkx
I find the weapons a much better replacement, you don't have old/buggy sweps. These are more fit for city RP as people can use a variety of weapons. I'd rather this than people running around with Galils in third person, not even trying to take cover, and if they are they are most likely "abusing third person".
Quote:In my opinion, this was quite a surprising change as it took place in a snap of a finger despite "new weapons" strictly being in the UNWANTED list. Sure it was nice to have a sudden change, but was this update actually for the better?

This is actually an update that has been planned for over a year, but that never was completed untill recently because of issues with another weaponpack (FA:S). This update was being worked on for a long time and it was far from sudden. We spent a lot of time to discuss and plan which weapons we were going to implement and which guns would replace which guns and ensure that they were priced accordingly to how they perform.

Quote:Atleast back then when you're getting shot at you'll be able to glimpse at the persons name for least a few seconds in order to validate whether or not you've been rightfully killed and still back then you'd live long enough to be able to open fraps and record the event. But now, you're good as gone if you're caught up in a cross-fire.
The servers and the gamemode need to be updated every now and then, both to keep old and new players interested and to stand a chance against newer game titles. The old weapons came from CS:S, a game that was released in 2004.

New content is good and crucial for a server to both stay alive and popular.

Not updating the gamemode just so you can record people easier if you're RDMed is not a good excuse or a reason for NOT updating the gamemode and it's possibly the worst reason I've heard for disliking this update.

Quote:Furthermore, it feels like COD with all these fancy unecessary attachments promoting aggressiveRP at its peak especially since guns are much more accessible due to its cheaper price.

Saying that " fancy unecessary attachments" promotes aggressiveRP is like saying that fancy unnecessary vehicles promote reckless driving, ramming and CDM. It's not the updates fault, it's the players. There's nothing wrong with new content on the servers and the new update actually makes it more expensive and harder to acquire because you need the right ammo-type (which there are many many to choose from) and because you need good attachments if you want to stand a chance against other well-geared enemies. The prices for weapons, ammunition and attachments makes it more expensive and harder for people to actually do good with weapons. Your statement is very wrong.

If you dislike how this update has affected the servers then you should blame the players, not the update itself.
The update was very much needed, and it's a great addition to FL that makes weapon-gameplay more realistic (People won't run in the open anymore during raids), people can customize their gear much more (attachments m8) and it's just a fresh breath on the server for experienced players in particular.

We had to replace the 11 year old weapons, and god damn I'm happy that we did.

I'm always amazed how people complain about a lack of updates and about updates when we implement them. 
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 3 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Preditor, Jericho, Benporium
(05-19-2015, 09:39 PM)Enzyme Wrote:
Quote:In my opinion, this was quite a surprising change as it took place in a snap of a finger despite "new weapons" strictly being in the UNWANTED list. Sure it was nice to have a sudden change, but was this update actually for the better?

This is actually an update that has been planned for over a year, but that never was completed untill recently because of issues with another weaponpack (FA:S)

Quote:Atleast back then when you're getting shot at you'll be able to glimpse at the persons name for least a few seconds in order to validate whether or not you've been rightfully killed and still back then you'd live long enough to be able to open fraps and record the event. But now, you're good as gone if you're caught up in a cross-fire.
The servers and the gamemode need to be updated every now and then, both to keep old and new players interested and to stand a chance against newer game titles. The old weapons came from CS:S, a game that was released in 2004.

New content is good and crucial for a server to both stay alive and popular.

Not updating the gamemode just so you can record people easier if you're RDMed is not a good excuse or a reason for NOT updating the gamemode and it's possibly the worst reason I've heard for disliking this update.

Quote:Furthermore, it feels like COD with all these fancy unecessary attachments promoting aggressiveRP at its peak especially since guns are much more accessible due to its cheaper price.

Saying that " fancy unecessary attachments" promotes aggressiveRP is like saying that fancy unnecessary vehicles promote reckless driving, ramming and CDM. It's not the updates fault, it's the players. There's nothing wrong with new content on the servers and the new update actually makes it more expensive and harder to acquire because you need the right ammo-type (which there are many many to choose from) and because you need good attachments if you want to stand a chance against other well-geared enemies. The prices for weapons, ammunition and attachments makes it more expensive and harder for people to actually do good with weapons. Your statement is very wrong.

If you dislike how this update has affected the servers then you should blame the players, not the update itself.
The update was very much needed, and it's a great addition to FL that makes weapon-gameplay more realistic (People won't run in the open anymore during raids), people can customize their gear much more (attachments m8) and it's just a fresh breath on the server for experienced players in particular.

We had to replace the 11 year old weapons, and god damn I'm happy that we did.

I'm always amazed how people complain about a lack of updates and about updates when we implement them. 
[Image: most-interesting-man-in-the-world-lg.jpg]
Quote:FL has slightly lost its finesse from standing out from servers such as DarkRP

How so? Fearless had a generic CSS weapon pack that was the same as basically all DarkRP servers, only addition being a Tranquilizer Rifle. I cannot assimilate how Fearless can be compared to DarkRP simply because a DarkRP server may have a weapon system with attachments, nor do I see any reason to criticize it because of that. 

Quote:Atleast back then when you're getting shot at you'll be able to glimpse at the persons name for least a few seconds in order to validate whether or not you've been rightfully killed and still back then you'd live long enough to be able to open fraps and record the event. But now, youre good as gone if youre caught up in a cross-fire.

That is information that can be provided through requesting an administrator to look in logs. Stopping, minimizing and starting FRAPS during a combat situation would have proven to be deadly, whether it be the old weapon system or the new one. Someone could have just as easily got a Galil out, flipped 3rd person on and taken you out in less than 2 seconds. 

These attachments are vital in creating a more realistic and fair combat system, all while providing a vital cash sink. The prices of many weapons have been increased, while the sub-machine guns and pistols have seen a small price reduction to promote them. Ammunition and weapon modifications can be quite costly and can cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. AggressiveRP is a large part of Fearless, especially for us who dislike PassiveRP. These fancy and unnecessary attachments are an amenity that you are not obligated to purchase, nor are they even visible on the weapons of other individuals. They are simply there to 'enhance' your first-person combat experience. 

I've been here for a while and I didn't have a problem with the old weapon system, though I was not objective against a new weapon system that would add spice to the game mode as well as the combat system. I was not a fan of how unrealistic gunfights had been, seeing as you could unload a clip of ammo into someone and they would still be standing. Those who disagree were likely satisfied with the unrealistic aspects and how one would not need to strategize a raid or simply the ability to simply rush in with guns blazing. Like Enzyme said, it was a breathe of fresh air that many of us were pleased to have. 
The following 2 users Like Nevy's post:
  • James_Gaff, Benporium
Enzyme's got a good point, regardless of promoting any type of RP it will automatically appeal to more people recognising a more up-to-date and feature rich weapon pack. I don't mind them, all addons/updates have their ups and downs but FA:S is great overall.
When I added the new weapons, I tuned the damage and stats to make combat visceral and exciting, living up to the sounds the new guns produce. Myself and other admins also carefully balanced the weapon prices so that everything has its place; there are still one or two weapons that aren't really worth buying, but hopefully with future updates they will be.

We're using a weapons pack with a rather unique mods-sales system that I haven't seen in other servers, not to mention our custom weapons such as the new stun gun.

Many people feel the need to complain when we don't provide updates, yet I find it tends to be the same people who complain when we do. Interesting how that works out, really.
The following 2 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Preditor, Benporium
The weapons are spectacular but I don't like them. I feel as though they are too realistic for GMOD and take far too much effort to use.

All in all they were needed but I do not like them.

The following 4 users Like General Rickets's post:
  • Dauntless, evilmat360, Matrix_, livkx