Low FPS in Gmod
Hello,
I have problem with FPS in Gmod. Recently I bought a new graphics card - GTX 650 Ti ( I know it isn't the best but I cant afford GTX 980...) , but I'm still getting ~25 FPS and even less sometimes. Is it matter of my settings? Can I do anything about it ?

Here are my full specs: 

Intel® Core™ i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti  2 GB

4 GB RAM
Hmm.. I don't really know but my guess is It must be server as there is loads of props etc..

Try and load single player and see how much FPS you get then, when I play on the server I normally get 20 FPS to and on single player I get higher.

Thanks.
In single player game I had 300 FPS ... How can the server lower the FPS ten times
I have similar issues. I think it's simply to do with the gamemode running a lot of scripts, plus the hundreds of props that have been spawned across the large, poorly-optimised map.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
That seems really weird because I also have i5 and gtx 650 ti 1gb.

Also GMod came out in 2006 so yeah I don't know.
                                 Sincerely, Himalaya Eater       
[Image: wallpaper_far_cry_4_01.jpg]
                                                  +REP
GMOD is horribly optimized.

My PC can run GTA V better on high while it only has 20-25 FPS while in the city of v33x. The lag is there because the game is horribly optimized, many players = many constraints = lag, and there are a lot of scripts and "stuff" going on in general sadly.

There's very little that you can do to fix the lag, you can try to download a game-booster and it might give you a few extra FPS.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
It's the map being poorly optimized. The reason you get 300+ in single player is because the default maps are small and actually optimized.
It's pretty low for almost everyone on the server, doubt anyone would get anything too high without playing on the lowest settings possible.
Personally I wouldn't worry about trying to get anything higher, if anything you would only get a few frames more if you tried.
I have an i5-4690k and an overclocked R9 290 and while v33x is pretty populated I get around 35-40 in the city. V2D is smaller so you should get better performance on that.
Pollux
Fearless Management
bork