Exception on FearRP rules with new weapons
Hey everyone,

Suggestion Title:
Exception on FearRP rules with the new weapons

Suggestion Description:
So I got banned yesterday for breaking FearRP, Keep in mind this is not like an unban request or so. It is my first ban in 420h so I am not really worried or anything, but this ban got me thinking about the actual FearRP rules with the new weapons. We also discussed this issue on Teamspeak and asked for people their opinions. We agreed on the fact that the rules should be updated. So I got banned for FearRP because I shot a hostage taker (rebel) with a AWM through the head (1 hit kill) while he pointed a gun at the hostage (citizen). Now it was/would have been FearRP because when you shot the hostage taker with the old weapons he wouldn't be dead instantly and you would have brought the hostage in danger (He has time to kill the hostage). Now with the new weapons (AWM Sniper) you can kill someone instantly with one shot (headshot). Now that will make the situation different. If kill the hostage taker instantly he does not have any time to kill the hostage and there is no danger for the hostage. This means it does not break FearRP.

Why?
In real life (For example this picture ^ is from the series Flashpoint) special police forces will always try and protect the hostage from the hostage taker. They won't take the risk to only shoot him with a pistol or anything, this could give the hostage taker the opportunity to still pull the trigger. They will only try and instantly kill him when the situation escalates. 

If anything is unclear, please ask and comment.

Kind Regards,
MrTreeGames

PS: I am not trying to escalate the situation here.
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
+support. If there is no risk by killing a hostage taker, then it shouldn't be breaking FearRP. BUT, only if there is only one hostage-taker left or something. If shooting the person could risk the life of the hostage, then it should NOT be done.
+ Support
I'm pretty sure that's allowed. I've seen previous banned requests where the SWAT unit had a clear advantage over the hostage taker and killed him since they were guaranteed to neutralize the hostage taker before he was able to hurt the hostage. and that BR was declined.
Me and a friend was SRU at one point, we where called out to a hostage situation.
Here a man had a police officer hostage in the bar in the forest ( V2D )
He was shouting and waving his gun around.
When we arrived we fired a quick burst each.
He died and the hostage was free.

First everybody SCREAMED like we shot the Officer, yelling fail rp and such.
but when it was clear, that the officer was safe, everybody (Except the Hostage taker) congratulated us.

But if we failed, we would (In real life) be fired, publicly shamed and properly jailed.
+Support
(05-09-2015, 10:25 AM)Jericho Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's allowed. I've seen previous banned requests where the SWAT unit had a clear advantage over the hostage taker and killed him since they were guaranteed to neutralize the hostage taker before he was able to hurt the hostage. and that BR was declined.

Well. I according to the staffmember that banned me it was indeed FearRP. I honestly think it would have been FearRP in my situation with the current rules. But in real life special police forces would have done the same, I guess. And acting like it is real life is the goal on this server isn't?

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
+Support.

FearRP is stupid sometimes.
Regards,
aviator
The following 6 users Like aviator's post:
  • MrTreeGames, Nevy, SirCrow, James_Gaff, Benporium, Bowiii
-support If you miss you cost the hostages life and IRL those weapons wouldn't be so accurate and also if he has a gun on the hostage there is a possibility that he would still be able to kill him after being shot. But if the person didn't have a gun on the hostage and there was no gun on him at all and he was safe then it would be safe to shoot.
(05-09-2015, 10:43 AM)Brennan Wrote: -support If you miss you cost the hostages life and IRL those weapons wouldn't be so accurate and also if he has a gun on the hostage there is a possibility that he would still be able to kill him after being shot. But if the person didn't have a gun on the hostage and there was no gun on him at all and he was safe then it would be safe to shoot.

First of all the sniper on the server is so accurate the you could still have a headshot from the nexus to the City Tunnel. It quite easy to say that you could miss. If you point a pistol on someone and shoot you could also miss. IRL you will fall down if you get shot as well. These are all things we have to take into account while playing the game.  

" But if the person didn't have a gun on the hostage and there was no gun on him at all and he was safe then it would be safe to shoot."  

You would not shoot the hostage taker with a sniper if he has no gun? And if he doesn't have a weapon it wouldn't be a hostage?

Aviator, congratz with your 5.000th post Smile

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
The following 1 user Likes MrTreeGames's post:
  • aviator