Why is it SRU?
(05-06-2015, 06:32 PM)Walrus the Overlord Wrote: i think "these guys use awps and shit" would be a better job title

or "really cool tactical guys"
To be honest I prefer SRU it rolls off the tongue better than SWAT
Special Service Agent (SSA) was its original name from memory. I guess it was just easier to call it SS but that just got people confused of their role.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
(05-06-2015, 08:48 PM)Suarez Wrote: To be honest I prefer SRU it rolls off the tongue better than SWAT

I highly agree with this.

(05-07-2015, 06:53 AM)Nacreas Wrote: Special Service Agent (SSA) was its original name from memory. I guess it was just easier to call it SS but that just got people confused of their role.

Do you mean they get confused due to it being very similar to Secret Service, or Nazi-related?
(05-07-2015, 08:32 AM)DVN Wrote: Do you mean they get confused due to it being very similar to Secret Service, or Nazi-related?

At first it sounds like Secret Service which confuses people about their duties as SS but it also sounds Nazi related.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
The following 1 user Likes Nacreas's post:
  • Roachy
Not to mention that police are basically SWAT (weapons and armour wise) if they equip an AR-15. Naming them SRU gives them a strategic, more advanced feel.

We argued about this in OOC, and like I said there, your point is quite shit, it doesn't belong to Canada. Just because the UK has an Army, doesn't mean the US has to name theirs "Soldiers Coalition" or something more complex.
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
SS is instantly Schutzstaffel to me because Secret Service is said Secret Service.
[Image: RK_zps7yf6fcdd.png]
Thanks Dig for awesome Sig!

(05-04-2015, 07:12 PM)Wood Wrote: Yeah it's from Flashpoint.

Not sure if that was a coincidence or whoever renamed it (termin I think?) actually meant that.

That would've been me. 
When we implemented a tactical unit for the police forces, we didn't want to go with SWAT as that's too unoriginal. Fallen wanted it to sound more British and titled it Special Services, or SS, which was later often mistaken for Secret Service. 
I reformed the unit to SRU, indeed motivated by the TV show Flashpoint and issued the rules forbidding SRU to serve as the President's personal security (a huge problem during SS times.)
The following 3 users Like Killjoy's post:
  • Joykill, James_Gaff, Wood
I feel the spawn point for SWAT needs to be changed if I'm honest to prevent them from guarding the president.
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]
(05-10-2015, 08:32 PM)Killjoy Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 07:12 PM)Wood Wrote: Yeah it's from Flashpoint.

Not sure if that was a coincidence or whoever renamed it (termin I think?) actually meant that.

That would've been me. 
When we implemented a tactical unit for the police forces, we didn't want to go with SWAT as that's too unoriginal. Fallen wanted it to sound more British and titled it Special Services, or SS, which was later often mistaken for Secret Service. 
I reformed the unit to SRU, indeed motivated by the TV show Flashpoint and issued the rules forbidding SRU to serve as the President's personal security (a huge problem during SS times.)

Nice to see you back dude! Smile

But yeah, I feel SWAT stops this whole president protection issue.

Obay, couldn't agree more.
Kind Regards,
Wood.