Why is it SRU?
Hey everyone,

I've been wondering why our special police force is called SRU (Strategic Response Unit). Google doesn't know the SRU only in the TV-Serie Flashpoint. I love this series by the way.. <3. It is a Canadian TV show about a special force in Toronto. I guess Strategic Response Unit is based on this series. Can somebody confirm or explain this?
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
Yeah it's from Flashpoint.

Not sure if that was a coincidence or whoever renamed it (termin I think?) actually meant that.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
It used to be SS, but I think that they changed it because it was too similar to the Schutzstaffel/Waffen-SS.

I'd prefer having it as SWAT though
The following 1 user Likes Nevy's post:
  • MacTavish
It is supposed to be a Strategic Response Unit, but most people are too retarded and just rush in anyways.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(05-04-2015, 07:26 PM)Nevy Wrote: It used to be SS, but I think that they changed it because it was too similar to the Schutzstaffel/Waffen-SS.

I'd prefer having it as SWAT though

I agree. Everyone knows what the SWAT his job is. No one has ever heard of SRU.

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
Strategic Response Unit is just another name for SWAT. Along with ESU, ERT, I could go on forever. Just settled on SRU.
Pls change.
(05-04-2015, 08:43 PM)Venom Wrote: Strategic Response Unit is just another name for SWAT. Along with ESU, ERT, I could go on forever. Just settled on SRU.

I think it just doesn't make sense.  We are an American server, SRU is actually Canadian. Also SRU isn't a official police force in a country.

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
I guess SRU is a little more unique than SWAT from every other server.

Also when it was SS everyone kept confusing it with secret service and would run about in suits
(05-04-2015, 09:14 PM)MrTreeGames Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 08:43 PM)Venom Wrote: Strategic Response Unit is just another name for SWAT. Along with ESU, ERT, I could go on forever. Just settled on SRU.

I think it just doesn't make sense.  We are an American server, SRU is actually Canadian. Also SRU isn't a official police force in a country.

SRU isn't just Canadian. There are SRU teams in the US along with SWAT teams, ERT, ESU, do I need to go on? It's just a different name for the same concept.
The following 1 user Likes Venom's post:
  • Nuka