Why is it SRU?
(05-10-2015, 09:59 PM)Wood Wrote:
(05-10-2015, 08:32 PM)Killjoy Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 07:12 PM)Wood Wrote: Yeah it's from Flashpoint.

Not sure if that was a coincidence or whoever renamed it (termin I think?) actually meant that.

That would've been me. 
When we implemented a tactical unit for the police forces, we didn't want to go with SWAT as that's too unoriginal. Fallen wanted it to sound more British and titled it Special Services, or SS, which was later often mistaken for Secret Service. 
I reformed the unit to SRU, indeed motivated by the TV show Flashpoint and issued the rules forbidding SRU to serve as the President's personal security (a huge problem during SS times.)

Nice to see you back dude! Smile

But yeah, I feel SWAT stops this whole president protection issue.

Obay, couldn't agree more.

I just started getting into the SRU since I am watching season 2 episode 18 now... Sad

The change to SWAT will stop people from protecting the president for sure.
[Image: MrTreeGames-Signature.gif]

Give green to Tree
                                                               signature by Nyander
(05-05-2015, 12:02 AM)Preditor Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 10:47 PM)Safira Wrote: Perhaps the reason for calling it such a generic name is to allow for your own expansion on it?
EG: I've never heard of the 'Corleones' per se, but their appearance is quite obviously 'Organised Crime Family/Mafia'.

Following this, it reduces pressure on modellers/devs. Yes; you can ask for improvements you've thought of, but because the SRU are fictional, you can't base suggestions off of the real thing: 'irl the SWAT have rocket launchers lol XD'

TL : DR SRU name is generic - allows for your own expansion. Lowers expectations on what they actually are.
The Corleones are from the Godfather or something like that I think.

You kids these days.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
cool thread great ideas
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 1 user Likes ryan!'s post:
  • Jan