Why is it SRU?
Perhaps the reason for calling it such a generic name is to allow for your own expansion on it?
EG: I've never heard of the 'Corleones' per se, but their appearance is quite obviously 'Organised Crime Family/Mafia'.

Following this, it reduces pressure on modellers/devs. Yes; you can ask for improvements you've thought of, but because the SRU are fictional, you can't base suggestions off of the real thing: 'irl the SWAT have rocket launchers lol XD'

TL : DR SRU name is generic - allows for your own expansion. Lowers expectations on what they actually are.

The following 2 users Like Safira's post:
  • Venom, MysteriaParade
(05-04-2015, 10:47 PM)Safira Wrote: Perhaps the reason for calling it such a generic name is to allow for your own expansion on it?
EG: I've never heard of the 'Corleones' per se, but their appearance is quite obviously 'Organised Crime Family/Mafia'.

Following this, it reduces pressure on modellers/devs. Yes; you can ask for improvements you've thought of, but because the SRU are fictional, you can't base suggestions off of the real thing: 'irl the SWAT have rocket launchers lol XD'

TL : DR SRU name is generic - allows for your own expansion. Lowers expectations on what they actually are.
The Corleones are from the Godfather or something like that I think.
With the /job function I agree with Safira, it's open for expansion.
When it was S.S, players tended to assume
the job was meant to protect the president.

Sru sounds more SWAT like
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
(05-04-2015, 08:06 PM)Shahmen Wrote: It is supposed to be a Strategic Response Unit, but most people are too retarded and just rush in anyways.
^^ Agreed, very true.
[Image: ghTXnEx.png]
(05-05-2015, 10:27 AM)Diggy Wrote: When it was S.S, players tended to assume
the job was meant to protect the president.

Sru sounds more SWAT like
Yea, I remember those days.  It was S.S but correct me if I'm wrong they still went on raids like S.W.A.T. would. I don't see a problem with SRU either just another name for S.W.A.T.
[Image: ghTXnEx.png]
/job

#Fixed!
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(05-05-2015, 10:27 AM)Diggy Wrote: Sru sounds more SWAT like

Well, if we really were going for something SWAT-like, surely SWAT wouldn't be a bad choice hmmmm...
Now all that's needed personally is a CSS Model for roleplay points other than gasmask, so I can successfully look swat-like.

yes plis
[Image: 9lQ10sX.png]
updated 1/24/2020
i think "these guys use awps and shit" would be a better job title