Fishing bait
But this update is more realistic.
No fishes IRL will get caught without baits.
As opposed to simply reverting my update and deleting my thread as I sleep, I'd rather get some opinions as to what people thought about this (very temporary and now removed) update.

Were people happy with the idea of baiting, or the methods? The staff team's reasoning on this was that people would bait, much like people fish now, but then they'd sell the bait to the fishermen who'd then have their fish to sell. Because no items are bought from the market, prices would quickly regulate and both parties would be able to make a profit.

If people found baiting itself to be done, how would you rather see it be done?

Any other preferences, such as increasing the need for food by having food rot etc.?
The idea of bait is not bad at all in my opinion however i do agree with Soulripper that it can be a bit dull to press CTRL a couple of times to be able to fish.

How about a "gardeners" job who is the only one able to gather "nature's recourses" like worms. I realize that only catching worms is boring as a job but future updates (like farming) could make this job a whole lot more interesting. Worms could be gathered as a byproduct from farming (by plowing the field for example), this would make it less dull to gather (since its a byproduct) and it creates an interesting new job!
Why not just add a shovel, and then add worms everywhere around the map (grass areas)
Each dig with the shovel will get you like 5 worms.
That's a distinct possibility. I'd consider adding a shovel (1 worm a time), and then a worm grunter as an upgrade (5 a time).

However, Soul would have to agree with the additional model size. He isn't often supportive of additional content due to the filesize (even though this would be tiny). It took a long, long, long time to get approval for the weapons, for example. That's why I added this system just using hands at first, to see how people reacted. At least on the server, it seemed positive; a small fishing economy had already been established, with people baiting, selling bait to fishermen, and fishermen fishing and selling the fish.
I mean, the drawn out process revives the need for a chef.
While I don't like it that much, chefs will no longer become obsolete as people don't want to undergo this long, drawn out process. I'm glad that you've put this much work into it, as it revives the need for chefs.
I'd personally like to see a system, similar to that of gathering herbs in WoW. Different type of bait could spawn in various places randomly, at random intervals? Then you could essentially press 'e' on it, and it would be in your inventory. Would add a 'treasurehunt'-esc aspect to the game, and make people go to those places which are generally unpopulated.
A more fitting signature. 
Bait.... Cool idea, maybe keep one worm for one fish, and it be the best bait to use. Able to buy a shovel like you previously suggested to find more worms. At a time. Possibly removed the chef job entirely and replace it with a bait shop owner? Have them sell other types of baits, like those plastic fish things or the rubber worms.
[img=0x250]http://i.imgur.com/rd1bm3k.png[/img]
I think that'd be an idea to integrate in, but it's too unreliable for standard bait. Baiting should be an active effort also, not something you casually do as you walk along the road on you way to a destination. For some herbs etc. I agree, that could be cool, but bait I think should be gathered with shovel/grunter.

I'll experiment with the whole 'things spawn in certain locations at certain times' system though. Could be cool!
Using a shovel/grunter would be cool and it would make it an active effort. Though, I did not have any issues if the one that was added last night, I thought it was pretty good.
I would love to see this update come back with a tool that you have to use to get the bait.
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DFRDkhC.gif[/img]
Credit: Nyander