Fishing bait
(04-26-2015, 07:52 PM)Marty Wrote: -Support

Please stop making the game "realistic"

Realism is not fun.

You can go ahead and play DarkRP Then Smile
-Audacity-
What was wrong with the current system? The community obviously does not want this, stop shoving shit down our throats.

Nah, just kidding. This type of content doesn't really have much of a negative. This might even be the start of an actual economy, who knows.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 7 users Like Jono's post:
  • Wood, livkx, Nevy, Brynn, Faustie, Tomo, Baskingner
>mugged pinky for his worm
>made him eat his own worm
>10/10 update
The following 9 users Like alexxx's post:
  • Faustie, Pinky, Voluptious, Decay, Mustang, Enzyme, Zecon, Safira, Waterloo
I searched all near the lake in v2d and found no worms. Are the worms only diggable on v33x? Also, what do you mean by "You'll know them when you walk over them?" How are we supposed to know what we are looking for?
Every map has two locations (v2p's are very close together though). Hint: Look for out of the way grassy areas. You'll see a little notification come up in the centre of your screen much like fishing, which is why they're out of the way.
Found one location on v2d, if you don't mind me sharing.
Go near the abandoned van near the bar in the woods on your way to the Villas.
Where would the community like to see this go? I have several ideas for fishing that I and the team have been discussing, but I'd like more feedback.

The possibilities include:
- More bait varieties and types, all produced by the players, with different processes involved (not all gathering)
- More types of fish, but we'd have to nerf market foods to make people bother
- A fishing NPC as a place to sell fish cheap in case no-one buys - I'm on the fence about this. It means that there's a legal form of 'contraband', but I'd rather this entire update by 100% player-driven (though this isn't possible with the current food availability)
- Rods getting damaged and requiring repair, and upgraded rods
- An entity, spawned similar to contraband, that the players can use to do fishing-related crafting on (rods, bait, etc.)
- Other fishing tools, such as lobster cages.
(04-27-2015, 03:39 AM)Faustie Wrote: Where would the community like to see this go? I have several ideas for fishing that I and the team have been discussing, but I'd like more feedback.

The possibilities include:
- More bait varieties and types, all produced by the players, with different processes involved (not all gathering)
- More types of fish, but we'd have to nerf market foods to make people bother
- A fishing NPC as a place to sell fish cheap in case no-one buys - I'm on the fence about this. It means that there's a legal form of 'contraband', but I'd rather this entire update by 100% player-driven (though this isn't possible with the current food availability)
- Rods getting damaged and requiring repair, and upgraded rods
- An entity, spawned similar to contraband, that the players can use to do fishing-related crafting on (rods, bait, etc.)
- Other fishing tools, such as lobster cages.

Im for every single one of those except the bold, an NPC to sell fish to is a bad idea as it completely negates the benifits of a player driven economy
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • Adman
But if no one want to buy your fishes, what then BlackDog?

- A lobster cage would be so amazing, or maybe add 'fly fishing rod or maybe harpoon fishing'
(04-27-2015, 03:39 AM)Faustie Wrote: Where would the community like to see this go? I have several ideas for fishing that I and the team have been discussing, but I'd like more feedback.

I'd like to see the current food market get replaced with a perhaps 100% player-driven food market

Perhaps growing vegetables which has been suggested before, or baking your own bread.