Stop yo' procrastinating
Alright, so.

I'm guessing most of you have some form of finals/mocks/exams/'evaluations' coming up.

And if you're like me, you might be distracted by pretty much everything.
Go onto Youtube to watch how a cell is structured and two hours later you're watching a video on how to communicate with a gerbil.

Go to google 'FEAtures of a river' and accidentally going straight to fearlessrp.net instead.

This is a huge issue for me and normally stops me revising. So if you're like me, you might find Cold Turkey good.
It basically lets you block certain sites and pages for a time period. If you try to access it, you get an inspirational quote and a "Cold Turkey has blocked this site" to get you back to studying.

It's basically the equivalent of Faustie banning you from the servers to stop you procrastinating, just for the interwebz instead.

http://getcoldturkey.com/

(NB: I have been given a SA's approval to write this thread.)

Are you allowed to ask for a ban so you can not get distracted?? And ask for it to be removed when your exams are over?
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
(04-26-2015, 03:01 PM)Tomoash Wrote: Are you allowed to ask for a ban so you can not get distracted?? And ask for it to be removed when your exams are over?

You can, yes.
[Image: H9hqjyZ.png]
Yeah, I've got no problem with that.
(04-26-2015, 03:01 PM)Tomoash Wrote: Are you allowed to ask for a ban so you can not get distracted?? And ask for it to be removed when your exams are over?

As Nacreas and Faust said, yes you can. What you should do is to give us a date for when you are allowing yourself to return so that you can't just join the servers whenever you feel like it (beats the purpose of requesting a ban as you can just request to have it removed as soon as you want to play).

Fun fact, you can also request a ban if you're a drunk mofo and you know you'll end up on FL after a party.
*Looks at classy Faustie*
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 3 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Faustie, MacTavish, Safira
Because i'm doing film studies, I've convinced myself that watching the films we're studying constitutes good revision.

Gonna be interesting in august
A more fitting signature. 
(04-26-2015, 03:26 PM)Enzyme Wrote:

As Nacreas and Faust said, yes you can. What you should do is to give us a date for when you are allowing yourself to return so that you can't just join the servers whenever you feel like it (beats the purpose of requesting a ban as you can just request to have it removed as soon as you want to play).

Fun fact, you can also request a ban if you're a drunk mofo and you know you'll end up on FL after a party.
*Looks at classy Faustie*

Hmmm. I will think about it. 

Might be a good idea. I have managed to keep myself off the servers for 2 weeks until my curiosity about the new weapons got the better of me yesterday XD

I'll let ya'll know if I want to do that XD

Thanks
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
I need to revise.

But. eugh ffs Sad
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Tomo