Project Hephaestus (Weapons) feedback
Rather than have this swamped in the suggestions forum or in the original update thread, I've made this thread so that we can listen to feedback from you, the players, regarding our new weapons system. There are a couple of ground rules, however.

What you can't discuss or request here:
 - The refund (we're discussing this internally and in the other thread already)
 - Request additional firearms (we already have more weapons than before)

What you can:
 - Weapon stats (if we need changes, etc.)
 - Bullet penetration
 - Mod availability
 - /disarm
 - /resupply
 - Police/SRU spawns and available weaponry
 - Changes to the stun gun
 - Concussion grenades
 - Discuss opening knock-off concussion grenades and stun guns to the black market.

It's likely that in the next couple of weeks, as we start to see how the new guns are balanced, we'll be doing minor stat tweaks. I don't think we'll change any prices, as that's a huge hassle, but we'll rather update weapon stats to match and be more balanced. There's a possibility of us adding an item, similar to kevlar, that you can equip and that gives you some resistance to the SRU concussion grenades.
(04-24-2015, 03:52 PM)Faustie Wrote:  - Changes to the stun gun

- Discuss opening knock-off concussion grenades and stun guns to the black market.
1. Me along with many others think that the range of the stungun is a bit overpowered, and would like to see it nerfed a bit. \
2. I dont like this, i think the government should have some tools for themself, that noone else can have acess to. If we (as in the playerbase + admins) are going to add it please make it really expensive, that way they wont be tools that people wanna misuse or loose. 

Other than that i am personally very happy with the way the gun update rolled out, thumbs up to you and the staff team Faust 

[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Yeah it's only something to consider. By knock-off I really mean knock-off. For example, a stun gun that only has 1/3rd the range and 1/5th of the battery charge capacity. I wouldn't add it to the market. I'd spend the time making it a multi-stage process to make and require some kind of entity (similar to contraband) to process, or some kind of mining for scrap metal or battery components. I want to make more of my future updates like this, so that it can slowly, slowly start to drive an actual player-economy, where effort is rewarded and given value.
Tazer with 1/20 chance of doing damage to the player wielding the weapon? If it's dodgy, y'know. Just an idea.
(04-24-2015, 04:01 PM)Faustie Wrote: Yeah it's only something to consider. By knock-off I really mean knock-off. For example, a stun gun that only has 1/3rd the range and 1/5th of the battery charge capacity. I wouldn't add it to the market. I'd spend the time making it a multi-stage process to make and require some kind of entity (similar to contraband) to process, or some kind of mining for scrap metal or battery components. I want to make more of my future updates like this, so that it can slowly, slowly start to drive an actual player-economy, where effort is rewarded and given value.

That sound amazing. Ive always been supporting the idea of aquiring items from somewhere else than straight from the market, and this is definately what im thinking of. Great work gun jesus Smile
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
2/10 on the update overall
[Image: SEYlcy8.png]
The following 1 user Likes ryan!'s post:
  •
Would it be possible to add the AR15 and Magpul receiver folding sight to the SRU Mods?

Could we grant access for the M14 to Police and SRU?

May you add the ability to equip weapons without using the relevant ammo, that is then authors supplied by /resupply (so cops / SRU don't need to use ammo to equip different weapons)
Yours
Doctor Internet;

Developer, Systems Operator,
Data Protection Officer, Business Advisor,
Server Administrator, Community Moderator
In reality, having both taser prongs hit a moving target from 20 meters away is a VERY unlikely thing. I would like for it to be possible to have an accuracy dropoff over range. Say, every 1024 units, you lose 20% accuracy, so therefore the taser has a 80% chance of being effective. 2048 units away, 60% chance, etc.
It'd be cool if for the select fire weapons maybe you held e or r (or both) and a wheel popped up with all the available fire modes and you moved your mouse in a direction to select that fire mode. Would make switching fire modes less of a hassle.
Something like this but for firemodes
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]
Also, when the weapon is in safe and you go up against an obstruction (that would cause your weapon to go down like while in safe) your weapon is raised
[Image: nypdcruiser.gif]