V2P Map Change Discussion
The announcement was closed so please voice your opinions about the map change here.

Remember to keep the discussion civil. Any posts breaking forum rules may be removed, and warnings issued to the posters. 
Soul, is there any spesifications reasons you brought back v2p? EDIT: He answered on he main thread
[Image: FpROeEz.png]
Barkles is attempting to sleep : )
Stop being so childish about this. Damn no one ever gave a f*ck about v2p and now suddently everyone does? Nah you just like to complain.
The following 7 users Like Jan's post:
  • Safira, Jericho, Adman, equal, Benporium, Suarez, Sgtbender2000
I don't mind it, honestly.

The issue with the news thread was that everyone used it as a means to have a go at Soul and/or the admins.
That's not what the thread was there for; it was to notify us of the map change.
To an extent, I do agree with Soul in asking us why, if we're so upset about it changing back to V2P, why we didn't play on the server when it was Rockford, Chaos, or Littletown.

The other servers have already been increased to 75 slots and 100 slots.
This change won't cause physical pain to any of us; it hardly affects us at all. So why complain?
Who knows, maybe v2p is just being brought back as temporary map until a suitable one is found.

Agreed with Jan; people just like to complain.

"It's not for me, it must be wrong; I could ignore it and move on. But I'm a broadband champion; a URL Badman" -Lily Allen, URL Badman

The following 1 user Likes Safira's post:
  • Benporium
This is my very unpopular opinion but, I wish we replaced 33x with v2p, for me its waay better optimized for some reason and with 100 slots it could have a ton of potential.
The following 3 users Like Kai's post:
  • Tomo, Falc, Adolf Hipster
(04-19-2015, 03:15 AM)Kai Wrote: This is my very unpopular opinion but, I wish we replaced 33x with v2p, for me its waay better optimized for some reason and with 100 slots it could have a ton of potential.

Yea, it does have a lot of potential but no one plays on it. When it first came out I remember when it was insanely popular and it has a full server for months. But then it died down and never went back up.
[Image: ghTXnEx.png]
When will people ever realise that V33X will not be changing anytime soon, unless we all voted for it. It won't happen due to the capacity, it's almost full all the time and is absolutely packed at peak times. Some people don't even know of the other servers/maps, I only found out about a couple of weeks ago so it's a very touchy situation with V33X.

If that goes, it takes at least 20% of new/inexperienced players from our community.
Completely agree with Jan and Safira.

Honestly, I never think it was about the map. Most of the comments in that thread was directed towards Soul and two thirds of the people didn't give two flying birds about the map change because no one plays it anyways.

V2p is a great map, a lot of potential. I mean come one, it's got a huge lake, it's big, it's got both a countryside and manhattan feel to it. There is nothing wrong with the map.

However, I do believe the community, not to mention the rest of the staff team should have a say in this, eventhough I reckon most people would choose opposite of Soul just for the heck of it.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 1 user Likes equal's post:
  • Benporium
The reason why I for one do not necessarily approve of the V2P map change is that I prefer the other maps proposed, simple as. I personally never saw Chaos City for example, online on the server. I also believed that at the time, it was only there for testing. That meant that I never went on it because
A) no point building dupes and such on a server which is likely to go imminently down.
B) no one really played

If chaos city became an official map, even if only for a few weeks, I would've played the shit out of it.

The whole process wasn't particularly clear in my eyes.

There's nothing wrong with v2p - I prefer it to v33x even, but I personslly much prefer chaos city, and am dissapointed it wasn't implemented.
A more fitting signature. 
To be honest, I feel like the funding that Soul receives should be spent elsewhere. Having a third server, and the fact that this debate has gone so long without being settled has been a huge waste of money in endless hosting and testing without a decent playerbase.

Keep v2d & v33x, deactivate the third server until we are sure on what we want.