Project New Weapons(Hephaestus)
(04-20-2015, 05:01 AM)Brandon Gomez Wrote: Is there still going to be a silenced pistol? If so, will it be reasonably powerful?

With the mod we are getting, you will be able to have a silenced pistol.
I am not sure if this has been answered before, do bear with me.

I have a ton of weaponry in my inventory, what will happen to it?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Gets refunded, (but not tommy gun, tranq, molotov and melee weapons?)
[Image: RK_zps7yf6fcdd.png]
Thanks Dig for awesome Sig!

So we are just waiting for an efficient refund system/plan before this update is rolled out right? That's what I was told.
(04-20-2015, 12:16 PM)DVN Wrote: So we are just waiting for an efficient refund system/plan before this update is rolled out right? That's what I was told.

(04-20-2015, 02:57 AM)Faustie Wrote: Just a little update for all of you. Various decisions have been made within the team in regards to how this should be carried out to ensure the smoothest possible transition and we're good to go ahead with the update as soon as is possible. I've been doing some final rounds of bug-testing and have prepared everything in advance so that we can do the update in the shortest time possible. It'll have to be done when either Soul or Temar and myself are on; Soul/Temar to make sure everything runs smoothly and to process the refund, and myself to upload the actual code as I'm the only one who knows this particular update inside and out.

I'm hoping we can do this tomorrow or the day after, but I make no promises: we're all fairly busy people who have work and lives other than FL, and as much as I want to get this out as soon as possible (hopefully very soon), I don't want to disappoint anyone by making false promises.

Guessing the content pack needs updating too, but going by what Faustie has said it's just down to the code for the weapons being added and the refund being processed.
(04-20-2015, 12:25 PM)evilmat360 Wrote:
(04-20-2015, 12:16 PM)DVN Wrote: So we are just waiting for an efficient refund system/plan before this update is rolled out right? That's what I was told.

(04-20-2015, 02:57 AM)Faustie Wrote: Just a little update for all of you. Various decisions have been made within the team in regards to how this should be carried out to ensure the smoothest possible transition and we're good to go ahead with the update as soon as is possible. I've been doing some final rounds of bug-testing and have prepared everything in advance so that we can do the update in the shortest time possible. It'll have to be done when either Soul or Temar and myself are on; Soul/Temar to make sure everything runs smoothly and to process the refund, and myself to upload the actual code as I'm the only one who knows this particular update inside and out.

I'm hoping we can do this tomorrow or the day after, but I make no promises: we're all fairly busy people who have work and lives other than FL, and as much as I want to get this out as soon as possible (hopefully very soon), I don't want to disappoint anyone by making false promises.

Guessing the content pack needs updating too, but going by what Faustie has said it's just down to the code for the weapons being added and the refund being processed.

Okay, that's great. That means we won't be waiting long, it's going to be very nice to see some new content that may totally change playing styles (e.g. The new Sidearms and SMG's)
If weapons get refunded I am going to be so loaded. Lol

Also, will they be refunded according to the current market prices right?
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
They are deciding the refund percent in the admin team. Just wait all will be revealed in time
[Image: RK_zps7yf6fcdd.png]
Thanks Dig for awesome Sig!

(04-20-2015, 12:37 PM)Shahmen Wrote: If weapons get refunded I am going to be so loaded. Lol
Also, will they be refunded according to the current market prices right?

There is no other choice other than to refund for Market Price, they won't know how much extra we paid at the time because that would take forever. I imagine there is no logs that go back far enough to see everyones purchase anyway.

Market Price refunds would be much easier.

EDIT: I've just realised it would be possible for them to refund below the Market price as a percentage of it as RK-Fin stated. So there is only two ways I guess.
All of the new code has been added, and I spent the night testing all of the new features on our live servers. Everything works without issue, but we still have yet to do the refund (I need temar for this; we'll do it tomorrow, so in about 12 hours). As such, the new weapons are currently disabled, and you can neither buy nor use them. The new stun gun is in, so enjoy that, as is the /resupply system, though that's currently only useful for the stun gun.

Hopefully by tomorrow the refunds will be processed and the new weapons will be unlocked, if temar will be around on time. The workshop package you require will automatically download as you join the server. The content is drastically small by today's standards, but if you have terrible internet then you might want to grab a cup of coffee; the compressed filesize of the new additions is around 160MB. I'll update you all when the refunds are processed and the guns are unlocked.

Think of it like the GTAV decrypting time.