Project New Weapons(Hephaestus)
PROJECT HEPHAESTUS

In Greek Mythology, Hephaestus, the son of Zeus and Hera, is the Greek God of blacksmiths, craftsmen, metallurgy, and more. He served as the blacksmiths of the Gods of Olympus, and made all their weaponry. While it has never been mentioned in historical texts, I like to think that he's moved on from crafting mythical spears and swords, and instead creates shotguns and .50 calibre sniper rifles for the Gods.

If that alone isn't enough to explain the project title, allow me to clarify: several months ago there was an idea within the staff team to implement a new pack of weapons; several of you probably heard of this, and were disappointed that it was never released. Two weeks ago, I took up the project and started from scratch. Now, it's practically finished, and will very soon be ready for implementation on our live servers; all that is left is a final, thorough stage of testing by our staff, and the processing of your current, soon to be obsolete, weapons. I've worked very hard for two weeks on this, sacrificing sleep and FL-time, and I'm very proud of my work. I did about 95% of the coding and all of the bulk work myself, but I do have some thanks to give: To Soul, for approving this project and letting me work on it; to Temar and BSOG, for teaching me bits of lua and giving advice on tricky bugs, and fixing one; and to the staff team, especially Enzyme, who have been very supportive and helped in testing and balancing.

UPDATE NOTES

Total weapons overhaul
All of the weapons on FL have been replaced, with the exception of the tranquillizer rifle, tommy gun, molotov, and the melee weapons. These weapons are much better balanced than the old ones; the prices match the quality, but the cheaper weapons and perfectly capable of being used in combat; pistols and SMGs are no longer useless. All weapons have their place, and we have a good combination of pistols, SMGs, a shotgun, rifles, and even a single-shot duelling weapon (with an RP point requirement).

New realistic ammunition
The new weapons come with brand new ammunition types. The old, generic varieties are gone, replaced by realistic ammunition types. There are ten different ammunition types, including tranquillizer darts. I hope that this'll improve our economy and make the gun dealer job a little more interesting. It also makes people have to think a little more when buying weapons; one ammo type will no longer fit nearly all of your weapons.

Weapon modifications and attachments
All of the new weapons can be modified, and there is a large variety of attachments with which to do this. Some of them are sold singularly, and some in packs. They include different sights, magazines, stocks, receivers, and more; we even have a laser sight. The ammo modifications will be added at a later date, after the staff team have had a chance to see how balanced the new weapons and mods are in live use. Some of these modifications can be bought from the gun dealer, and some are available only from the black market.

New government weapon spawns
Of course, with new weapons comes a need to replace the standard government weaponry. SRU have more options, and spawn with more advanced and powerful weapons than they did in the past. The SRU will spawn with a Five-seven pistol and an AR-15, complete with a set of modification; they will be able to equip an AWM, SCAR-20, M3 shotgun, G36C, and MP5. The police will spawn with a Glock-17, and the sergeant with a Glock-17 and MP5; they'll be able to equip the M3, G36C, and MP5 (the sergeant, of course, already has one).

Improved stun gun
The tazer has been significantly updated. It's easier to hit running targets and functions at a longer range, but now uses a charge system and requires batteries. It also takes a little time to reload, so that it can't be abused. The model hasn't changed (yet), but it comes with completely new sounds.

New non-lethal suppression method for the SRU
This one is a lot of fun. The SRU now spawn with concussion grenades! They can't spam them, of course, but it'll be interesting to see how these are used in raids. These are limited to the SRU and are not available on the black market.

/disarm command to holster weapons and mods
The old /holster command is currently unchanged, and you can use that to holster a single gun. However, we have a massive problem with people ducking for a second in a fight and holstering their guns just before they die. It's unfair and borderline cheating. To resolve this, mods are a little more difficult to holster. You have to use the /disarm command, for which you'll have to stand still for 60 seconds, after which all of your modifications and weapons will be holstered. We did this so that mods are risky to use, and you can't just cheat and holster them almost instantly any more. The 60 second timer may change. And don't worry, you'll only lose mods on death; they're crash-proof!

/resupply system for police and SRU
The police and SRU used to spawn with almost infinite ammo; this wasn't very realistic, nor fair. To rectify this, police now spawn with only 5 mags worth of ammo for each weapon, and SRU with 8. You can, of course, resupply by using your own ammunition, but why do that when the government can pay for you? By going up to a police car and using the /resupply command, you'll refill your ammunition to capacity. Tazers and concussion grenades can only be refilled by using this command; you can't replenish them from your inventory. It's hoped that this'll add a little more tactics to police/SRU raids, and that it'll make people more likely to use the realistic police cars, rather than a sports car as a police officer. You can only resupply once every 2 minutes. Police can restore their weapons and mods here after being hostaged.

Door physics improved
Blasting a door off with a shotgun has been made a little more realistic, a little more fair, and more fun. You now have to be much closer to a door for the shotgun blast to work, just like in real life (though it's still not incredibly realistic). When you blast the door off, it'll fly a little further, and could injure someone standing behind it. It's not too over the top, and this may be adjusted in the future, but for now it seems to be an improvement.

Tranquillizer rifle nerfed
While non-lethal methods have the potential to create more roleplay, the tranquillizer rifle is currently far too over-powered. It's a one-hit knockout (so essentially a kill) anywhere on the body, making it more lethal than an AWP. It's also incredibly easy to aim. The price has been increased slightly, ammo is much more expensive, it's been made much harder to fire from the hip, and a little bullet spread has been added, so even when using the scope you aren't guaranteed to hit your target (though if you aim carefully it's still very likely).

Low-health overlay changed
When your health drops below 50%, your screen progressively becomes more blurry and the colour drains away. This has always been slightly unfair in a fight. The blur has been removed, both for balance and because it caused some bugs with the new sniper scopes. The screen still turns grey, however, so the roleplay effect isn't lost.

Hopefully this update will be live very soon. I'll keep you all updated, and soon to follow will be information about the update size and how we're going to manage your old weapons, as this is still being decided.

After this update goes live, the staff team are going to actively keep an eye on how balanced the new weapons are. Following this update will likely be a series of smaller, incremental updates, where I add additions to the /resupply system, as well as new ammunition modifications. Something to expect will be changes to the fire extinguisher and paramedics medic kit, similar to those of the tazer.

Faustie

The following 1 user Likes Theomenz's post:
  • Tandy
Its... Its beautiful!
The following 1 user Likes Rolorox's post:
  • Nightmare
FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLLLYYYYY!!!!!! Thank GAWD!!! OH MY ALLAH!
YAS YAS YAS I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR LIKE FOREVER YAS Cheese

P.S: Faustie, I never met you but I love you already. :3
Credits to Raptor for the signature!
Click here to rep me!
This is gonna be really good when it's implemented can't wait. Cheese
[Image: xfjIDIO.jpg]
Thanks to Barkles for my Signature
Looks awesome, can't wait to use it!
Faustie (AKA. Gun jesus) is the best thing that ever happened!
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
Do we get refund of old ammo we have? Or weapons removed?

But this update is so awesome that I can't even think it's true. See ya at end of my barrel people!
[Image: RK_zps7yf6fcdd.png]
Thanks Dig for awesome Sig!

Yes! But, I think 60 seconds to holster all your weapons is a bit to long, maybe 30 seconds. Also are we gonna get refund for our old guns and ammo?
                                 Sincerely, Himalaya Eater       
[Image: wallpaper_far_cry_4_01.jpg]
                                                  +REP