Project New Weapons(Hephaestus)
Oh look well get a weapon update, just like we got the new emergency cars or the new map....
Unlike either of those two updates, this one is in fact finished and ready to go. I finished 100% of the features and fixed up every bug I could find before I announced this, unlike announcing this before I even started as was done in the past. I think it's a much tidier way of doing things.

The lua additions to the gamemode are all ready, and the content pack is ready; all that remains is for the team to finish deciding refund rates, and for Soul to upload the content pack so that I can then update the gamemode - servers will have to go off for a little while when this is done, but I'm hoping it'll all be done either tonight or tomorrow.
The following 7 users Like Faustie's post:
  • RK-Fin, Greed^, SixPackSoCali, Marty, Benporium, Brynn, Jericho
Lovely.

Yet again, great job!
I have been F5:ing this page for that message Faustie. I can't wait for your great job you have done to us!

Also: How many RPP for the dueling pistol? Because many things require so many RP points, even 5 is big.
[Image: RK_zps7yf6fcdd.png]
Thanks Dig for awesome Sig!

It'll be 7 points currently. It may be a duelling 'pistol' (it's more of a cut-down hunting rifle, to be honest), but that single shot can still be very powerful. It's viable in combat, to be honest, but you have to be a good shot. Its main purpose is RP.

RP points used to be really rare, but now they're becoming more and more common; we've had them for a couple of years, and our teachers also increase the amount given out. With that in mind, it's likely that there will be more RPP rewards pushed at higher numbers.
The following 6 users Like Faustie's post:
  • RK-Fin, Greed^, Falc, SixPackSoCali, Benporium, Brynn
(04-19-2015, 03:53 PM)Faustie Wrote: Unlike either of those two updates, this one is in fact finished and ready to go. I finished 100% of the features and fixed up every bug I could find before I announced this, unlike announcing this before I even started as was done in the past. I think it's a much tidier way of doing things.

The lua additions to the gamemode are all ready, and the content pack is ready; all that remains is for the team to finish deciding refund rates, and for Soul to upload the content pack so that I can then update the gamemode - servers will have to go off for a little while when this is done, but I'm hoping it'll all be done either tonight or tomorrow.

Yaaaayyyy. I honestly thought it would be like that Red Alert....like super delayed and still not finished lol.

God bless you Faustie

*Not that I believe in God or anything but it's the thought that counts lol*
[Image: giphy.gif]
The following 2 users Like Marty's post:
  • RK-Fin, Benporium
Wauw, this seems nifty.
(04-19-2015, 04:51 PM)Marty Wrote:
(04-19-2015, 03:53 PM)Faustie Wrote: Unlike either of those two updates, this one is in fact finished and ready to go. I finished 100% of the features and fixed up every bug I could find before I announced this, unlike announcing this before I even started as was done in the past. I think it's a much tidier way of doing things.

Yaaaayyyy. I honestly thought it would be like that Red Alert....like super delayed and still not finished lol.

God bless you Faustie

*Not that I believe in God or anything but it's the thought that counts lol*

*Not that I believe in Fedoras or anything but it's the thought that counts lol*
Just a little update for all of you. Various decisions have been made within the team in regards to how this should be carried out to ensure the smoothest possible transition and we're good to go ahead with the update as soon as is possible. I've been doing some final rounds of bug-testing and have prepared everything in advance so that we can do the update in the shortest time possible. It'll have to be done when either Soul or Temar and myself are on; Soul/Temar to make sure everything runs smoothly and to process the refund, and myself to upload the actual code as I'm the only one who knows this particular update inside and out.

I'm hoping we can do this tomorrow or the day after, but I make no promises: we're all fairly busy people who have work and lives other than FL, and as much as I want to get this out as soon as possible (hopefully very soon), I don't want to disappoint anyone by making false promises.
The following 8 users Like Faustie's post:
  • Preditor, Matrix_, Cameron, konsta, RK-Fin, Benporium, Nacreas, SixPackSoCali
Is there still going to be a silenced pistol? If so, will it be reasonably powerful?