Project New Weapons(Hephaestus)
cool
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(04-17-2015, 12:52 PM)Greed^ Wrote: Will the pistols be more effective now with the new update (more damage ETC) or as useless as currently?

Pistols are a lot more dangerous compared to how they used to be, and they pose a serious threat against people with rifles.
When selecting weapons, we wanted to shift more focus towards the pistols and SMGs and make them viable alternatives to rifles. 

Since we want to promote usage of pistols and SMGs, we've made the ammo, weapons and mods cheaper compared to assault rifles.

To answer your question directly: Yes, they will be a lot more effective compared to the ol' pea-shooters that we had.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 4 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • Greed^, RK-Fin, GRiiM, Benporium
gud jab Cheese
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
This looks fuckin amazing!
I can't wait.
The following 1 user Likes livkx's post:
  • RK-Fin
Some updates for you:

The compressed file size on the workshop will be around 160MB, so practically nothing by today's standards. I'm hoping we can get this live today, but no promises.

Regarding weapon refunds: The team is currently deliberating and voting on it. There are two possibilities. One is a 100% weapons refund, which is more fair to those who spent a lot on weapons, but could cause massive damage to our economy as everyone receives a sudden spike in money. The other option is a partial refund, with pistols being refunded higher than rifles, etc., as this would help to lessen the damage to our economy and give us a better chance of fixing it with the mods and future additions.
Should be a full refund imo.

Just do it quickly, to stop people taking advantage of it.
A more fitting signature. 
The following 1 user Likes Jono's post:
  • Benporium
This is actually really good news. I'm glad we're overhauling the weapons system! Hopefully it can be released quickly and without problems.

I think a full refund would be preferred by the playerbase, but it is up to the staff to make that decision.
Regards,
aviator
The following 1 user Likes aviator's post:
  • Benporium
awesome!

I hope we're refunded; to buy back the guns I have now would be in the hundreds of thousands
Nuka
Modelling/Texturing Contributor
Looks really cool!

What happens to your equipped weapons when you get cuffed or tied up? Do they still go into your inventory or are they lost?
[Image: tgRQtsH.png]
Equipped weapons and mods go back into your inventory. However, when you're unconscious/tazed/injured, they do not go back in, so you can still lose them. Weapons will drop on death, but mods don't, so while they grant a major advantage they are risky.