Immediately Posting UBR
Your name: (Steam friends name)

[TG] LivKX
Your ban ID: (Number of the ban, this could be 2779 for example)
Banned by: (Please use the staff member's full name with [FL]/[FL:M] tag)
[FL] Enzyme
Reason: (Why were you banned, what is listed as the reason?)
Attempting to crash the server with easy-presicion
Involved: (Who was involved? Type a - when there were no other people involved except you and the staff member.)
Not sure if they are involved really, but Preditor I suppose. I was in chilling in his car with him when I got banned out of nowhere.
Why we should unban you: (A motivation why we should unban you, or why your ban should be shortened)
I don't actually understand what I've done wrong. I've never attempted to crash the server...
Why would a player with just nearly 700 hours and 12RPP try to crash the server? I was just in the event server, I roleplayed the event, whilst reading some creepypastas to everyone (Which was cool) and then I joined the server, chilled for a bit and then went to chill with Preditor, Mustang, some others, Safira and then we were driving around (I was in the back of Preditors car) and then I randomly got this ban. I messaged Safira, she spoke to Venom and Preditor and they said this has happened before and I just need to make a UBR. So... here I am? Thankyou for taking the time to read this, and understand that I'd never have a motive to try crash the server that I spend so much time on regularly.

Cheers,
-LivKX
[Image: 2d15808c29be59030569ed640111fbe0.png]

Please explain why you had your easy-precision set to this very very high amount. This is a number one doesn't "set" on accident, and this is why I've issued a suspension on your account until this has been sorted out.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(04-12-2015, 04:28 AM)Enzyme Wrote: [Image: 2d15808c29be59030569ed640111fbe0.png]

Please explain why you had your easy-precision set to this very very high amount. This is a number one doesn't "set" on accident, and this is why I've issued a suspension on your account until this has been sorted out.

Uh I have no idea? O.o 
Not sure if it displays in the logs if I used the precision tool after this? Like if I was mid-building? 
But like I say I would have no reason to...
As far as I know, this is something that you only achieve via a console-command.

Many players have been banned for this before, as one don't accidentally set this amount and then use it.
Sincerely, Enzyme
(04-12-2015, 04:42 AM)Enzyme Wrote: As far as I know, this is something that you only achieve via a console-command.

Many players have been banned for this before, as one don't accidentally set this amount and then use it.

Well I've already said I don't recall doing this, or can think of a reason why I would have.
Like I already asked, can you see in the logs if I was mid-build or starting to build or something? Because if I was, why would I just attempt to crash the server mid building something?

Anyway, thankyou for you speedy replies Smile
Mavis Dracula Wrote:Why banning someone for eventually script errors or wrong set ConVars? You should know this can happen and can easily be fixed by hardcoding a limit in the serverside script. It's bullshit to ban someone for this reason.

I spoke to my good friend Mavis (Your ex-developer) about why this may have happened. He wrote this.
(04-12-2015, 01:16 PM)[FL:RP] G0 Wrote: I'm not sure if this will be any help at all, but I must say the time I've spent on the server with Liv has been great, she's a good rper and a good person to be around. I can't imagine Liv purposefully attempting to crash the server.

Delete your post as quick as ya can, you don't have permission to post here, not directly involved. I appreciate the comment though Smile
I've contacted Temar to share his opinion regarding your case, as he knows more about this than me.

From I can remember, Temar has said in a previous case that high numbers like these are only put in on purpose, and is something that doesn't happen on accident.

Thank you for being patient Liv. You don't strike me as a player that would do this on purpose, but it's something I cannot ignore; especially not when the number is this high.
Sincerely, Enzyme
(04-13-2015, 01:31 AM)Enzyme Wrote: I've contacted Temar to share his opinion regarding your case, as he knows more about this than me.

From I can remember, Temar has said in a previous case that high numbers like these are only put in on purpose, and is something that doesn't happen on accident.

Thank you for being patient Liv. You don't strike me as a player that would do this on purpose, but it's something I cannot ignore; especially not when the number is this high.
Thank you Enzyme.
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
User has been warned for this post. Reason:
A little information from my point, as this is information which can be used in this case.
ConVars ( console variable, cvar ) can be abused and can be malformed easily, no doubt. That's why clientside ConVars always needs to be checked and  limited on the server. Now, ConVars are usually ints (integers, numbers), and ints can easily be malformed. When an int is set to a number like 1.234113422 ( which can happen by using a slider which has a really small stepsize ) the number can malform into something crazy. This is not the intention of the player but happens with a crappy engine combined with lua. This can crash the server since a lot of small work is to much math work, which the server doesn't appriciate with a lot of players online. This can happen when you set a number to something like that for perfect precision. That's why these clientconvars always need to be checked and limited on the server.
Thank you.
Not involved. Warned. - Enzyme
-Removed. Don't argue with Staff or your warning-level will be increased Mavis. -